“Very Nice!”

Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
Coopersville, Michigan, United States
“Very Nice!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed for two nights the first week of August. The room was really nice, and very spacious. We had the King room with the micro and fridge. They both worked great. Everything was clean and it didn't have that 'motel smell'. The bed was acutally comfortable. The only bad thing we found with the room is the A/C is noisy. All of the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Always very willing to help if you needed something. This hotel is very close to restaurants and shopping and its quiet. The price is also affordable. Our cat travels with us and they were very pet friendly which we appreciated. Will definitely stay here again!!!

Room Tip: You can have a choice of a room with a microwave and fridge or one without.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbie K
Craig U, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our inn. We are happy that you felt our Superior King room was spacious and clean. I will make sure to pass on the nice comments to our staff. I'm glad they were friendly and helpful during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Lansing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Creston, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Great location, set back off the road and real quiet. Very spacious room and clean. Very friendly and helpful staff. No pool or spa, but the price was great and the beds were very comfortable. A good value. Close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Don C
Craig U, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our inn. We are happy that you felt the room was spacious, clean and the beds very comfortable. I will also make sure to let our staff know you thought they were friendly and helpful. We look forward to seeing you again when you travel to Lansing.
milwaukee wi
Reviewed 14 May 2014

All the hotels were sky high due to graduation but paying close to $90 was a deal compared to other similar hotels. The reality is you get a very marginal hotel for this price. The bath tub needed refinishing so it had a permanent grungy look to it. The rubber molding in the bathroom was peeling away. We were hardly there so a bed and a place to shower was all we were looking for. That is what it was and nothing more. It was fairly close to MSU.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank savvytravelers13
Craig U, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our inn. Yes on MSU graduation weekend the rates at all the area hotels are quite a bit higher than normal. We do pride ourselves on providing a room that is a good value for your money. I do apologize for the condition of your bath, it doesn't sound like it was up to our standards and it will be corrected.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Located west of downtown about 6 miles and about 10 from MSU. Nice rooms that are clean. Trucker Friendly parking, but I would suggest backing from the street instead of driving around the building. Very tight with parked cars, curbs, and trees. REQUEST room with microwave and fridge. Friendly Staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Craig U, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our inn. I'm happy that you felt we were a "clean and economical" property. Yes, our parking lot is a little tight for semi trucks but we usually can handle 2 per night. I will make sure to share your comment with our team, we are always eager to hear feedback from our guest. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.
Martinsville, Indiana
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Efficient check-in service. Clean, quiet rooms. Being pet-friendly lodging, I'm not paying more for my dog to stay than I am for myself (which is rare nowadays). Highly recommended, especially for the affordable price.

Room Tip: Second floor (away from stairs) is much quieter than ground level.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kacy6595
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the Lansing West location. We are so happy you had a pleasant stay with us and glad you were able to bring your pet with you! I will be sure to share your thoughts with the rest of the team. We look forward to your next stay!
Paw Paw, Michigan
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at my favorite hotel in Lansing,mi. It was great as usual. They have add new cable tv service. There are many more channels and I think it is high def. also they have installed new air conditioner/heaters. I highly recommend this inn!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the Lansing West location. I'm very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and we always look forward to your visit! Thank you again, and I'll be sure to share your review with the rest of the team!
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I was especially pleased with the cleanliness of this room. It was immaculate. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bedding was very pleasing. My stay was spur of the moment because of our ice storm. Everyone I had contact with was really courteous. I was really happy with the well lit, shiny clean bathroom. As I had spent the last 2 nights in my car, the shower was the best part of my stay. I would highly recommend this Red Roof Inn to anyone visiting the Lansing area. Great value--great price.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Lansing West location. I'm very happy to hear you had a good stay during our unfortunate weather and all the issues it entailed! I'll be sure to share your review with the rest of my team. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next stay.