Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel
Comfort Inn(Lansing)
US$96
US$85
ComfortInn
Red Roof Inn Lansing West - MSU(Lansing)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$172
US$161
US$162
US$152
All reviewsholiday innpublic areasconvention centercomfortable bedsthe room was nicestaff was friendlyaverage hoteleast lansingcoffee makervalenciaconferencepillowssaunafacilitycourtyardmsu
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I recently stayed at the Best Western on South Cedar Street in Lansing. I was immediately impressed with service. There were smiles and friendly warm faces to greet me. The inside of the building is beautiful and welcoming. One of my favorite places is the pond and fish. Every request that I made was treated with importance. I have a vegan diet and the hotel even toasted my Ezekiel bread. The owner greeted me and treated me as if I were the only person in the hotel. From the front desk to the housekeeping department, I was treated very well. The rooms were clean and beautiful. I am very picky about these things but had no complaints. The beds were spectacular and warm. I will definitely use this hotel again. I really think that this hotel is one of Lansings best kept secrets.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RuthR R
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Not impressed the the housekeeping. Bathroom floors were dirty, used wash cloths from the previous guest were hanging from the shower rod, showers were taken in ankle-deep soapy water as the tub did not drain, the sink did not drain well, housekeeping did not do a very good job in their day-to-day maintenance, and the desk chair caster kept falling off. I was there with a convention group of 200+ that has been staying there for the past 3 years. There was not adequate housekeeping staff to take care of their guests as there was last year when the hotel was the Causeway Bay. I have filled out an online survey with the hotel with the same info. Not my first - or twelfth recommendation for a hotel stay. Seems like the housekeeping management has changed and not for the good.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Monique C, Front Office Manager at Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience while staying with us.
Your Hotel experience is our priority, and we regret falling short of you expectations.

It is understandable that the response from Housekeeping was disappointing.
Your feedback is appreciated, and our Housekeeping Management Team has made the necessary improvements to guarantee Guest satisfaction.
On your next visit, our Management Team will personally inspect your room for you, and assist you at check in. We would like the opportunity to give you the Guest Service Excellence you've come to expect from Best Western.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

I spent a single night in October 2012 at the Best Western Plus in Lansing, MI. The lobby is quite nice, roomy with a nice rich feel. When we arrived I had booked thru Expedia and they said they had no record of our reservation, which was prepaid thru Expedia. The staff was more than helpful and found us rooms. They said they would take the matter up with Expedia in the morning. On the way to the room, I noticed a convention center and a rather large reunion was in the works.
They comped us a free dinner for the trouble, which only a few of the group of 10 would eat. I have to admit I think it was left-overs from the convention because it was rather dried out looking, hence the free meal.
Upon getting in the room, I was quite impressed the rooms looked to be newly remodeled. Spa type looking bathroom, small but functional. Mini frig, microwave, and many of the usual amenities. Furniture looked newer, nice large flat screen television with a terrific picture and free Wi-Fi. The channel changer and phone did not work, but I wasn’t really too concern. We were tired from a long day of tailgating. The beds looked great with lots of pillow. It had a very comfortable feather top on the bed, which made for a very comfortable sleep even for my old bones. Time for bed, that’s when it all starts.
Around midnight we were watching the television, I could hear the thump… thump… of big bass speakers. Well I understand they is a convention and party going on the music should calm down soon, definitely by 2 AM. It’s Saturday and not everyone is in bed at midnight. At 3 AM thumping is still going, 4 AM still going. All during the thumping the doors are being slammed one door closes so hard it shakes the head board on my bed. That happened many times that night, and there is no shortage of doors to slam. After the doors slam the laughing, talking, screaming, started. Yes, I could almost make out what they were saying thru the walls. Believe me I was trying to sleep, I didn’t have a cup to the wall trying to listen, I didn’t need one. Somewhere around 4 AM the thumping stopped, relief, then they started tripping the fire alarm, at least twice, I lost count. Then more laughing and yelling. Finally around 5 AM the alcohol must have done its duty and the party passed out. I then got my 4 hours my of sleep. Why didn’t I complain? No phone.
I was with a group that had 3 rooms, and they all reported similar experiences. While I understand there is no way to control guest in a booze fueled blowout. The walls are thin and maybe there is only so much that can be done now to control noise , the music, where ever it was coming from, could have been controlled to a small roar after 2 AM.
Nice looking place inside, decent rooms, and a staff that seems to be trying to do the right things. Funny looking back I see one reviewer said they liked the “no party policy” they had (see November 28, 2011, TheDishingDiva review). Maybe they need to reinstate this policy.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for your comments, and sharing your experience.

We appreciate your patience at check in. Due to temporary technical difficulties, our property
was unable to receive transmissions from Expedia. Expedia was made aware of this issue, and should have informed their customers. Our Front Desk Team was prepared to deal with
Expedia Customers, and were happy to resolve any issues at check in.

We apologize that your dinner was not satisfactory. On your next visit, we would like to offer you dinner for two at our Hummingbirds Restaurant, your choice!

In regards to the T.V. and telephone, our Guest Services department would have liked the opportunity to resolve any issue you might have had. Guest Services is available 24 hours, and is at your service!

The weekend of your visit was during the Michigan State Homecoming weekend. This is a very busy weekend for all Lansing Hotels,and most are completely booked through the entire weekend. We apologize for any disturbances you experienced during the night. Our Security
Team was making every effort to shut down the late party activities.
We plan to increase our Security efforts for next Homecoming to properly serve all Guests staying that weekend.

We value your business, and your feedback will allow us to be proactive to guarantee Guest Service Excellence.
Our Management Team takes every rate and review into consideration. We take our Guest's experience as a guideline for improvement, policy, and training. This will assist us in anticipating the needs and expectations of our Guests.

Thank you for choosing Best Western, and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 15 October 2012

One of the dirtiest bathrooms I've seen in a long time. Hair all over the bathroom: counter, sink, tub. ICK! Beds have no support.

We had an adjoining room to strangers who came home at 1 a.m. and turned on Sports Center which we heard loud and clear through the door....including all of their conversations.

We stayed on a Saturday night and the suite on our floor was taken over with middle schoolers celebrating a birthday. It was loud and crazy.

We will not stay at this hotel again after visiting MSU for a football game.

Room Tip: Ask for one not facing the freeway and far from the elevators! And make sure it doesn't have an adjoining room or you will hear everything!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Our Housekeeping Management Team would like to apologize for the
condition of your bathroom.

Housekeeping Inspectors are on the "floors" regularly, and would have
liked the opportunity to bring your room up to OUR standards.

One of our priorities in our recent renovations was "Guest Comfort."
We took special interest in giving our Guests"a good nights sleep."
All of our Mattresses are of high quality, and we get many Guests requests for the brand we use.
Some of our Guests buy our pillows and comforters to take home!
We are disappointed that our beds did not meet your standards.

We apologize for any disturbances you experienced with the room next door.
We would have been happy to move you to a more quiet location.
Our Guest Services Team is available to resolve an issue such as this.

We appreciate your business, and regret falling short of your expectations.
We would like the opportunity to show you that your experience is our priority.
We encourage you to visit us again.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

I love to give credit where credit is due. I had the most pleasant experience at this hotel. Mykayla gave me the best service ever along with Mr Keung and Jaymeii at the restauraunt. I was shaking when I walked in the door, and I thank god I did.. My day from hell turned into the perfect night. I was given a room at discount, the food, and room service was excellent and the room was spectacular.. These 3 people went above and beyond to make my stay very pleasant. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, And I promise them I will be back to stay longer. The renovations were amazing and the hotel is warm and welcoming.. I just can't say enough good for these 3 people that turned my night around. They turned a bad situation into an amazing one and I am forever grateful,

Room Tip: The hotel is newly renovated.. The rooms are beautiful..
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Monique C, Front Office Manager at Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

The Best Western Plus Lansing Staff would like to thank you for your review!

No matter what kind of day your having, once you become our guest, we make your hotel experience our priority.
We invite you to become a Best Western Rewards Member! You can earn points for Free Stays,
and take advantage of our Member incentive programs.
Join our Best Western family, where you can expect the very best!
We look forward to your next visit!

Monique Cooper, Front Office Manager