Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel
Burkewood Inn(Lansing)
Very Good 4/5
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsholiday innpublic areasconvention centercomfortable bedsthe room was nicestaff was friendlyaverage hoteleast lansingcoffee makervalenciaconferencepillowssaunafacilitycourtyardmsu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I traveled with friends for the weekend. The service was great from check in to check out. I love having a bar on the premises and I cant say enough about the breakfast. No lines or large groups of people. We got our breakfast with no hassle and it was free! The hotel is clean and the rooms that we had were updated. There was security on the premises at night. The security could've been from the event that had taken place that weekend, but wither way. It made me feel safe. Kudos to the manager of this Best Western. You've won my business. We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed at the hotel over a 5 day period. The Hotel its self was amazing! However, Chara the front desk clerk was absolutely unprofessional, She had been fighting with who I believe was her mate in the parkinglot, and it carried out through the night by the elevators. She was on her cell phone in the lobby cursing and arguing and crying. Should be something you leave at home. Her attitude was extremely poor, and she was very rude to me and other guests as well. The next night I spoke with Lindsey She was the coolest person at the front desk. Smiles and very friendly. The group of guys I had with me all seen the difference between the two nights. When I asked to speak to a manager she advised me there was no manager over night, but I could come back down in the morning and speak to one. and she is the supervisor and if there was anything she could do to let her know. Later that night I called down due to a large party next door to me. Lindsey and security came up and moved my room which was very generous as she helped me move my things and reassured me that the floor she put me on was very quiet and apologized more than needed but I was very impressed with the new room and had that floor to myself. Lindsey was very accommodating and understanding. Lisa at the front desk later that night was so cheerful and polite joking with me and told me her guests are her first priority and she would be more than happy to help me with whatever as long as I asked. This hotel was astonishing, my opinion get rid of chara and her rudeness and problems She was talking like she came straight from the hood how wrong of me to say but it is the truth. I know of about 6 other people in the hotel can agree as it was just flat out ridiculous. Other than that the rooms were immaculate the bar was absolutely calming and relaxing and the bartender Jamielee was nice. I would recommend everyone to the Best western

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Eric W, Front Desk Supervisor at Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

I will personally address each employee you pointed and let them know about the comments that were made. I will be addressing the unsatisfactory customer service you were provided as well.

I was unable to locate you reservation by the information provided as I would like to speak with you regarding your recent stay and offer you a discount on a future stay.

Please contact me directly at the hotel if time permits,

Eric W.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Returning home for family wedding and the hotel was great just needed a little deep cleaning. But all of the amenities were exactly what they promised. I felt I was sleeping on a cloud in the bed. It is really convenient having a lounge and restaurant right on the hotel premisses.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Hotel had fairly easy access to the highway and is well positioned for convenience to south Lansing and Holt. Lobby is attractive and staff was friendly. BUT, we found the bathroom dirty, with the rim of the toilet covered in splashed urine(unfortunately after we had used it) and the tank was empty of water and therefore would not flush. We asked to move to another room. No assistance in moving was provided and the new room was hot, until the AC kicked in. Unfortunately the toilet in this room ran all night, disturbing our sleep and NO apology or adjustment to our bill was made at check out. Returning to the hotel after dinner, we found the parking lot a bit removed from the hotel, basically empty, made for a somewhat uneasy walk into the back entrance to the hotel. Adjacent to the hotel, there used to be a wonderful restaurant, where we had our wedding reception, 40 years ago, it is now a run down somewhat "sketchy" night club, that you really don't want to get too close to after dark. You'd be better off staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: Just finds somewhere else to stay.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Eric W, Supervisor at Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Dear valued guest,

I apologize for the unsatisfactory conditions of your room during our stay.

I have addressed these issues with our executive housekeepers so this does not happen in the future.

We have recently hired a new room inspector after this review was made and I have personally gone with her to rooms to make sure she is holding our housekeeping staff accountable.

If you are in the area again, please consider giving us another change to provide exceptional customer service.

Please contact me directly at the hotel for a discounted rate.

Eric W.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

The room was clean, equipped with high speed internet. The room setup as business suite. The lobby is very clean and equipped with colorful chairs, black, red and white. The breakfast is great and the staffs were so great and helpful to the customers. We did enjoyed our stay at BestWestern..!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business