“The rate was reduced, because of the power outage.”

Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Like many people, I lost power, during the storm last Sunday night. As I was driving down Cedar St., looking for a place to stay, I noticed that the Best Western sign said, "discount for power outage." I stopped for more information. A good discount was offered, so I stayed. All of the employees were very helpful and the room was clean and nicely decorated.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stopped for an overnight stay before heading on our trip to a college hockey game and to see family. After checking in and going to our rooms.I have to say it was a great room ,beds were really comfortable and the decor was lovely. The staff were really helpful and gave us a list of local eating places.Breakfast the next morning was well presented and the hostess was very nice. I would definitely stay at the hotel again.Had a great sleep in their comfortable beds.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We booked a room for an overnight stay after an out-of-town wedding. Little did we know that this place was hosting MMA fighting in their ballroom the very same night.
Looking back, I guess we should have packed up our young children (3 and 6) and switched hotels as soon as we realized what was going on there, but I was optimistic that since they had put us on the 5th floor, we would be away from all the fight-related commotion. As it turns out, the room was pretty noisy until 1am since it faced the courtyard and many of the fight spectators went out there to smoke and party with bass thumping music. Then, the hotel security removed one of our neighbors at 2:30 in the morning for drunkenly fighting with his girlfriend (f-bombs galore).
In the morning, we went to get the free continental breakfast promised on the list of amenities on their booking website and found that you had to stand in line at the check-in desk to get vouchers. At most other hotels I've been to, the included breakfast is heavily advertised around the hotel, but there was no mention of it anywhere...I guess that if you didn't notice that it was part of the offer on the website and specifically ask for it, you were out of luck.
The room was decently clean...bathroom looked wiped down rather than actually washed. And although it was the least of our worries, the window air unit was really, really loud when it kicked on (every 15 minutes or so) and none of the settings would make it run continuously.
I complained about the noise and neighbors when we checked out, and the attendant said that the best she could do was give us 25 dollars off our bill. I suppose that's better than nothing, but I really wish we had stayed elsewhere.
Beware before you book...I see that there are more MMA fight shows scheduled there a few months from now.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
B W, Front Office Manager at Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 517-694-8123 x3790

Melody Garcia

Reviewed 8 November 2013

The room was very nice and clean. The only issues we had were with the air conditioning which seemed to run when it felt like it rather then when it should have and the front desk staff, with the exception of Taylor, were rather short. The breakfast was very good, the only suggestion I have would be to provide actual mugs for the coffee instead of the small foam ones that were there. The bed was amazing! Extremely comfortable and eight pillows!!!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Hotel was nice. Rooms comfortable. We arrived around 12am to check in. Check in took 30-40 minutes because there was supposedly only 1 person working. That person was dealing with other guests complaints. At 1 point she called someone else who came to talk to her. At another point a group came up to the check in area but left when they realized there was a line. They went and got a different girl who went behind the counter and got them a room key. She then checked us in. Once we finally got to our rooms the beds were comfortable but of course by that time we were exhausted. When we went to take showers in the morning there was no hot water. After letting the water run for about 25 minutes it was luke warm and we could quickly use it. We had to be at our event so we could not call and wait to have someone look at it. We informed the desk of the issue when we checked out. We have also contacted management about the issues. They are supposed to be checking into them and getting back to us. I am not hopeful.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Melody Garcia

Reviewed 4 November 2013

If you are on business and would like an amazing experience with friendly people to make your stay enjoyable stay at Best Westen Lansing and relax. The staff is friendly and attempts to satisfy your every need. The food there is very good and the servers are excellent and polite. For those that like to eat out, their are a variety of great places to eat right across the street and within walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This Best Western is newly renovated and it shows well. The room was very nicely decorated and I especially liked the hardwood floors instead of carpeting--you never know what's in a hotel carpet:) People were outstanding and helpful. We love the park and fly out of Lansing. Breakfast buffet was included with our room. It had everything--no expense spared and the food was plentiful. Our return flight to Lansing was after 11:00 pm and we arrived later due to the flight leaving late. The hotel hired a driver that waited the extra 30 minutes to pick us up--both drivers (to and from the airport) were so thoughtful and their conversations were interesting.
Worth the time to stay with this Best Western:)

Room Tip: Make sure you have breakfast it is soooo good:)