“Theft by employees is horrible!!”

Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Arrived Friday at 12:01 pm,(afternoon) and checked in and went to my room. I was going to my room to turn on heat and leave food for my daughter in which I did. Left hotel at 12:35 and returned at 4:00pm and all food in fridge and counter was completely gone and heat off. Reported it to front desk clerk and manager, they said we will get back to me tomorrow and even took my cell phone number. Lo and behold NO ONE CALLED, I went to front desk in evening and they wanted to offer me 2 dinners and 25.00 off my next stay. The restaurant has barely a staff and one night they lost a table of 20 co workers because the cook walked out. THEY have not been back or will be, due to the fact waiter took all orders and 5 got meals and informed the rest after 25 minutes NO COOK!!! Refused their offer, including 25.00 off next stay. WTH would I could back??? In the morning check out, clerk knew nothing and SAID I will get back to you in a hour. NEVER HAPPENED!! MY mistake to try them again after my 100.00 hair straighten was stolen on first visit. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!! DON'T BE A VICTIM and STAY THERE!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
B W, Front Office Manager at Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 517-694-8123 x3790

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Recently stayed here for two nights in November for a tournament. We had no warm water to shower and had to use the sink for wash ups...not cool! Our TV and phone didn't work, either. I guess if you only plan to sleep, the bed was AWESOME.

Per their website, I went down (unshowered) for their complimentary breakfast only to find a sign for a $9.99 buffet of undercooked eggs, barely cooked sausage and watered down juice.

****NO SECURITY!!!! We had friends able to prank other friends by asking maintenance and cleaning people to just open doors. What's the point of keycards!! SMH...Don't keep anything on the end of your bed or on tables as they will NOT clean and place a note saying we can't move your stuff so your out of luck.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank HONESTreview-ME

Reviewed 9 December 2013

There for a hockey tournament. Very clean, updated, great atmosphere. Huge lobby area with multiple seating areas for groups to socialize without having to be in hallways. Female manager, not so nice but rest of staff extremely friendly and professional.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night and got charged for 2, there was a bevy of noise complaints, and in top of that I got walked in on by a housekeeper while changing. When I brought up my issues to the staff they were completely dismissive and attempted to give me the run around.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Like many people, I lost power, during the storm last Sunday night. As I was driving down Cedar St., looking for a place to stay, I noticed that the Best Western sign said, "discount for power outage." I stopped for more information. A good discount was offered, so I stayed. All of the employees were very helpful and the room was clean and nicely decorated.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stopped for an overnight stay before heading on our trip to a college hockey game and to see family. After checking in and going to our rooms.I have to say it was a great room ,beds were really comfortable and the decor was lovely. The staff were really helpful and gave us a list of local eating places.Breakfast the next morning was well presented and the hostess was very nice. I would definitely stay at the hotel again.Had a great sleep in their comfortable beds.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We booked a room for an overnight stay after an out-of-town wedding. Little did we know that this place was hosting MMA fighting in their ballroom the very same night.
Looking back, I guess we should have packed up our young children (3 and 6) and switched hotels as soon as we realized what was going on there, but I was optimistic that since they had put us on the 5th floor, we would be away from all the fight-related commotion. As it turns out, the room was pretty noisy until 1am since it faced the courtyard and many of the fight spectators went out there to smoke and party with bass thumping music. Then, the hotel security removed one of our neighbors at 2:30 in the morning for drunkenly fighting with his girlfriend (f-bombs galore).
In the morning, we went to get the free continental breakfast promised on the list of amenities on their booking website and found that you had to stand in line at the check-in desk to get vouchers. At most other hotels I've been to, the included breakfast is heavily advertised around the hotel, but there was no mention of it anywhere...I guess that if you didn't notice that it was part of the offer on the website and specifically ask for it, you were out of luck.
The room was decently clean...bathroom looked wiped down rather than actually washed. And although it was the least of our worries, the window air unit was really, really loud when it kicked on (every 15 minutes or so) and none of the settings would make it run continuously.
I complained about the noise and neighbors when we checked out, and the attendant said that the best she could do was give us 25 dollars off our bill. I suppose that's better than nothing, but I really wish we had stayed elsewhere.
Beware before you book...I see that there are more MMA fight shows scheduled there a few months from now.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Melody Garcia

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Comfort Inn
Quality Suites Hotel
#4 of 26 in Lansing
Red Roof Inn Lansing West
Candlewood Suites - East Lansing M.S.U

Been to Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel? Share your experiences!