“Passing Through Lansing” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
Mississauga, Canada
“Passing Through Lansing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

The hotel was adequate but nothing to write home about. The dinner restaurant was disappointing but breakfast was good. The pool and hot tub are worth a visit. Lansing is unexpectedly quiet on a Sunday, with very little open, so I suggest visitors choose a different day of the week to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

B W, Front Office Manager at Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear David,

Thank you so much for responding to our survey and I appreciate that you took the time to prepare a review for us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Detroit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed here despite the bad reviews because it has a sauna. Truth is, never made it to the sauna. Front desk worker Melody was very nice and switched us to a king instead of two queens, despite the internet indicating it would cost more. The room had nice updates, no the tub wasn't marble, but it was $101 after all taxes, reasonable. No one was rude. Nothing was disgusting. Bed was wonderful. Yes, lots of pillows. The room heated up quick once we turned on the heat. We entered through back door with door key upon our late return and parking was very close to the door. We didn't make it to the pool/jacuzzi/sauna simply because we ran out of time. I would definitely stay there again Where else can you find a sauna at this rate in Lansing? Nowhere. ***Also I called and was told hot breakfast is included if you book on line but if you book directly, you have a choice to buy it/depends on your rate.

Room Tip: You can pay for 2 queens and switch to a king no extra charge- I suppose if room available.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mam,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review we have been working hard. I appreciate it as well as my staff. And most of all thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review for us. I am very sorry to hear that u were unable to enjoy our pool, sauna and hot tub, but i hope that the staff and i will see you again so you can enjoy the amenities.
Clovis, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

could not get much better, the staff was friendly, the facilities clean, breakfast was excellent, 2 of the 3 elevators were marked out of order in the morning but they worked just fine, the front desk did not know they were marked with a hand written sign, may have been the very large amount of kids there for some weekend games

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

B W, Guest Services Rep at Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
We're glad you enjoyed your stay. We will work on communication between the front desk staff and the rest of the hotel staff.

Thank you and come again.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

We were in town for a funeral. We drove 13 hours with two toddler children...so can you say EXHAUSTED. When we checked in, the young man at the front desk (Who was nice, which is more than I can say for anyone else we subsequently dealt with) told us that it was his first night working alone and he was uncertain as to how to make a reservation for us using our AAA card or State Government discount. We reluctantly booked at the rate that he could get us, we were just tired. It took him 30 minutes to get us checked in, with nobody else waiting. When we walked into the room, it was horrific. There were crumbs everywhere, the beds were not made up, there was a travel cot against the wall and the most disgusting thing of all was the bathroom. Lotion and shampoo strewn about and some unknown substance that smelled like vomit. (See all of the attached pics. I couldn't get all of them, the kids were exhausted and my stomach couldn't tolerate much more). We called the front desk and were told by the nice young man that since he was working alone we would have to come back down to get a new room, as he must have inadvertently checked us into a room that had not yet been cleaned. I would not have even considered staying, if it was not 1:00 am and I had two toddlers that had traveled 13 hours. We were checked into another room, which was again not clean, but not as bad as the first. However, it was a queen jacuzzi suite and we requested two queens. Again...back down to the front desk where we were given our third key. This room had two beds and was at least clean enough to sit in, although it was not as clean as any other hotel I have stayed in. The worst part of this whole situation was the way management responded. Had they responded accordingly, I would not be here writing this review. I had the pleasure (insert EXTREME sarcasm) of speaking with the "Front Desk Manager" Melody ( I think that's what she said), who treated me as though I was wrong for wanting a clean room. She refused to disclose the name of the hotel manager, legal name of the hotel or the corporate phone number...saying that "she didn't know". They offered a $20 credit after it took 1.5 hours to check into 3 different rooms, one with vomit and feces in the bathroom...then ending up in a room that was slightly clean. I am warning you...TAKE MY ADVICE....DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!! What a poor way to represent the city of Lansing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MandiLoves2Travel
B W, Front Office Manager at Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Angie,
I am very sorry about your loss. The training is being addressed with all our front desk agents. We are very grateful that you chose to stay with us during your time of mourning and once again we are very sorry about your loss as well as your experience with us. Please I do ask you come back and stay with us. So we can show you our improvements and give us another chance.

Travellers are raving about these Lansing hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Where to begin. This hotel has many many issues all starting with management which leads to very poorly trained staff. There are a handful of staff that I felt with in our 5 day stay that were helpful. That's not saying much for how large this hotel is. And unfortunately a couple of good people can not make up for a majority of rude, untrained, apathetic staff.
The entire hotel is dirty. Partially because they are under staffed, poor trining (again) and then again being lazy.
We asked for clean sheets and to have our bed and rooms cleaned... What did we get- a pile of poorly folder towels piled on our sink and our old ones laying on the ground with nothing else touched. Did I complain? Yes I did. What did I get from the front desk? "Not my job". Unexcuasable and disgusting.
Food- is disgusting and expensive. Go out to eat don't even waste your time.
I am just going to tell you to check your bed before you do anything else. There have been multiple reports of bed bugs and I am not surprised at all.
Over all not impressed by any means!
You are better off going to a different hotel all together. Trust me!

• Stayed March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
B W, Guest Services Rep at Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
I apologize for your horrible experience at the Best Western Plus Lansing! I would also like to empathize with you because those complaints are unacceptable. The reason behind most of those complaints are because of the huge number of guest we had of almost 900 people. I am glad that there were employees here that were very helpful to you and I hope that would put forth consideration when choosing our hotel in the future. I would also like to thank you for your feed back and we will do our best to make sure this does not happen again.

Once again I apologize for your lack luster experience here.
TORONTO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Very noisy Hotel with less than satisfactory toiletry service I would not recommend this hotel at all and would not stay in this Hotel again. Not a very caring and attentive staff. Normally If there is an event, all guests should be notified in advance and before their arrivals, which of course it never happened. There was a Youth Event and teens were making noise in the Hallway until very late at night. When I made a complaint, no action was taken and on the next day, they didn't offer anything to compensate for the inconvenience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank ROSS D
B W, Front Office Manager at Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear Sir,
I am sorry to hear about your stay. I am sorry that nothing was done about the complaints when you made them but sir I do know that some of my staff were telling guest we did have the teens in here until Sunday. Did any of the mention of the kids being in the hotel mention to u upon arrival? Once again I am sorry and please do reconsider coming back to our hotel for a future stay.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

The hotel is updated and has nice amenities. We arrived right at check-in time and had a long line to check in, but I expected that. If you are booking a room, make sure to ask if there is anything going on at the event center. The night we stayed there was a big event and when we returned to the hotel, there was no parking available, except for across the street at a Lowe's. Gabriella at the front desk was excellent at check in and even let us park directly in the unloading of the hotel. Also, if you need towels prior to check-out, make sure you ask the night before. We called the front desk at 7 am to request extra towels and the front desk staff told us they did not have access to extra towels until housekeeping started at 8:30 am.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sir,
Thank you so much for choosing us to getaway with your family. I am very sorry about the inconvenience about not having towels in the morning i will make sure i talk to my staff about this situation. We once again appreciate your business and please come and see us again.