“Very clean, great staff”

SpringHill Suites Lansing
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This place should be commended for being one of the cleanest Marriott properties I have stayed at, and having the friendliest staff. I saw them handle some difficult customers in about as professional of a manner as could be expected.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here 2 nights in August 2013 because my sister recommended it for the location and quality. Our flight came in late on the day we arrived, but they hold your room no matter your check in time, which was helpful. The room was beautiful and very clean, 1 king bed with a jacuzzi... loved it! The service was prompt and the people were kind. I also enjoyed sleeping in because check out is at 12 noon. All together, I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Went to Lansing for a training and booked a room here. These are lovely, large suites. The hotel is clean and quiet, in a great location with access to many restaurants. Tip: Order Carrabas online, it's a mile down the road. They will run it right out to your car! Take it back to the hotel, eat while watching HBO. Very restful and relaxing. Also breakfast was good, fresh. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed here for three nights in July, and I'm a big Marriott fan. This hotel was nice, seemed modern, and rooms were great. Staff was very friendly.

The negatives: The business center computer doesn't have Microsoft Power Point, and the Word version is 2003. I needed to print off a few things for a meeting and couldn't, so I had to get up crazy early the next day and find a Kinkos. How does a hotel with a "business center" not have PPT? Also, the internet was terribly slow. I work with large files, about 8 mb, and it took over 25 minutes to upload a file to a sharepoint site. Downloading similar files took about 12 minutes.

For a business traveler, those are two big blows. Lastly, the breakfast offered is mediocre, at best. They have a waffle maker, but only get it out on the weekends. I don't get that policy. The rest of the food was pretty average.

It's a hotel I would stay at again, but not if I was on business travel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank spolcecsekr7
Reviewed 18 July 2013

In town for a night passing through. Very clean, good service and friendly staff. Breakfast was adequate and the hotel was in a central location. We were visiting Michigan State which was only a few minutes away.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Just back from three days here. They were restful, happy days - everything you want in a vacation. Yes, I originally missed that their hairdryer is in a bag hanging off the ironing board, but otherwise the room was perfect. Travel with my (very picky) mother can be stressful, but SpringHill Suites made it peaceful. She loved it, we both slept well, and the staff was friendly and welcoming the whole time.

Tip: Go early for breakfast to avoid the rush - this hotel is popular with families (I get why) but if you eat early you'll miss the kiddos.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Patrick B, Manager at SpringHill Suites Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Hello,

I am so happy to hear that you were able to relax and take time to put your feet up while you were with us. During the summer months we definitely see an increase in team travel and families with kids. We are happy to have them stay with us, but your tip hit the nail right on the head about coming down early for breakfast. I hope that we will see you again in the future and again I am so glad that you were able to enjoy your time with us.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

First, ignore any concerns about earlier reviews talking about the renovations; they are done.

This Springhill suites was really clean and had a very new look. The bed was comfortable and the room had a small fridge and microwave that was very handy. The breakfast was good and there seemed to be plenty of room. Internet was free and was no trouble at all - no silly passwords or anything. The bathroom had a ventilation fan that most places don't have, which is nice. The workout room was nice - free weights and really nice treadmills and an elliptical.

Note - if you want a real suite (like a separate bedroom), this and most other Springhill Suites might not work; they have a half-wall separating the bedroom and living room. It's still nicer than a regular hotel room, but not quite a full-suite level of privacy.

Overall, we would probably stay here again if we were in the area. We highly recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank professorroyhinkley
Patrick B, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Hello Professor Roy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let others know how your stay was. As you saw we are 99% done with our renovations and we are happy that you were able to enjoy our new suites. I hope that we see you again in the future. Again thank you for the kind words.