“Manager was rude and food was very under par.”
Review of Deluca's

Deluca's
Ranked #1 of 460 Restaurants in Lansing
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 January 2014

The chicken parm was dry and when ordering a Hawaiian pizza, it arrived at the table with old, burnt bacon on it, and absolutely no sauce except for around the edges by the crust-- almost like they were trying to hide the fact that they hadn't put any sauce on the actual pizza. Having lived overseas in several different countries for many years, and also having lived in NYC for 9 years, I can say I have a good idea of how very good pizza should taste. This pizza was a huge disappointment. The manager was also very rude to me when I asked him about the pizza-- telling me that I was wrong. Those were his exact words. Extremely rude for being a manager and owning a restaurant that should be putting out good Italian dishes. Shame on him for allowing the quality of his dishes to fall vastly short of realistic expectations, and even moreso shame on him for treating his customers so rudely.

4  Thank Kayla B

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Can't get a better pizza anywhere. Service is always top notch a hidden gem in the Lansing area. Been going to this restaurant for over 40 years

1  Thank searay2422
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I love this place, that screams Italian food from the minute you walk in. I have never been disappointed at this restaurant. My in-laws were in town - I believe there were about 20 of us - and we ended up at DeLuca's, and they accommodated us very nicely and efficiently. My favorite pizza is a deep dish meatball pizza - completely filling and delicious. It is always a favorite when we have visitors from out of town.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

DeLuca's will definitely be one of my go-to restaurants whenever we're in Lansing! The food was delicious, the waitstaff friendly and helpful and our party of 8 was seated promptly. The prices were surprising low for the amount of food that you receive. The lasagna was delicious and the cheese bread was full of cheesy goodness!! I'm already planning our next trip just to get a DeLuca's fix!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

While planning a recent business trip to Lansing, I viewed local restaurants and planned to stop by DeLuca's for a meal. Upon arrival, there were two other people picking up take-out and the dining room still had customers at a few tables.Unfortunately, my flight was delayed, so by the time I arrived at the restaurant, it was 30 minutes before closing. Since I was on my way to my hotel and not quite sure how long it would take, I wanted something quick.

When I walked in, I was greeted with smiles. I asked for a menu and advice on choosing something quick and easy to transport. The ladies at the counter suggested a Greek salad. Given that it was almost 10pm at night, I asked for a half salad and was told that it was enough for a meal. They were right! OMG! The salad was quite filling with great dressing. The only thing odd was the beets in the salad. In all my life of eating Greek salads, I have never had beets as part of the salad. I don't know if this is a regional thing, but it was surprising and different.

Overall, I would return if I were in Lansing again. I would like to try some of the hot meal items. The customer service was great. While I waited for take-out, the lady at the front helped me find local directions to my hotel using my phone's GPS. She explained how street names changed and could be confusing. Her directions were spot on! She also kept me company in an unobtrusive manner. Very nice impression on an out-of-towner.