“Almost Perfect”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lansing West
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Staff was great, Hotel is new, clean, stylish, and well kept. The design is awesome and the room was spacious with a huge desk, small kitchenette, great tv channel selection, etc.

The one complaint is the breakfast. There were handwritten notes all around the breakfast area, how to lift the oatmeal pot, how to make a waffle, use tongs for the pastries, Robust Coffee only available in the lobby (these are the notes I remember) they look tacky, and are not needed. The oatmeal in the pot was thick and almost like glue, and the overall breakfast selection was lacking compared to other Hampton Inns.

Other than that, the breakfast area and dining room is lovely and was very clean. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Hampton Inn and... H, Front desk agent at Hampton Inn & Suites Lansing West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

On behalf of the Hampton Inn and Suites west Lansing we would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feed back in regards to your stay. We hope to see you in the future and we will make sure we are up to your standards and meet our 100% guarantee.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Overall nice hotel. Still looks new. Included breakfast was as good or better than normal "free" breakfast. I would have rated a 4 except for one issue. I booked a king studio. When I checked in, I was given keys for a 2 queen with no explanation. When I got to the room and called the desk to report the problem, the desk clerk acted surprised, then pulled up the reservation. It was explained to me the room I booked "was not clean" late in the evening when I checked in. Normally I don't care about this type of thing. But, I feel like the situation should have been discussed at check in with some options provided. Otherwise, 4.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BigTeddyDub
Hampton Inn and... H, Front desk agent at Hampton Inn & Suites Lansing West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

I appreciate your feedback to your stay at our hotel. I am very glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to make all of our guests feel welcome and enjoy their time with us. Thank you for being a valued guest and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is a newer property and if you know the Hampton Inn brand then it is a cookie cutter of all of their newer buildings. Good location with plenty of dining options near by. There is a jogging trail through the adjacent neighborhood that is convenient.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 June 2014

A typical Hampton Inn that's recently been remodeled; clean and fresh looking. The staff were all on autopilot and only spoke when spoken to. At breakfast the employee working the buffet was on the phone loudly complaining to another employee about a previous guest who didn't like the food offerings. You almost wish these types of corporate chain hotels in the suburbs could just replace the human employees with robots and self-service kiosks because the human staff lacks profesionalism, charm, or the ability to pretend to be hospitable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Troy P

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We recently took a cross country trip, and planned our stays in certain cities that we would be passing through. Lansing Michigan was one, and I made reservations at this hotel, not knowing much about it, but not caring too much as we would only be spending one night. I was sadly disappointed in that we were only staying one night in this hotel. I think during our trip, this was the nicest hotel we stayed at. The hotel had the appearance of being very new. The room we got (on the ground floor) was huge. Sitting area, desk, lots of space, huge bathroom,. I was floored at the size of the room.

The staff was friendly, very helpful. Unfortunately, we had to leave very early in the morning, so we didn't get to have the breakfast. They did, however, have sacks with an apple, muffin, water, for those who couldn't stay for breakfast. A very nice touch.

Love the hotel, would love to stay there again, but unfortunately it's in a city I don't plan on passing through in the foreseeable future. But if you do find yourself in Lansing, this hotel is very nice!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are glad to hear your stay met your expectations, If you are ever in the area again we would love to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

As usual the staff were very helpful and pleasure to deal with. Answered all our questions with a smile. The room was spacious and appeared to be brand new Enjoyable stay and would return again, given the chance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton Inn and... H, Front desk agent at Hampton Inn & Suites Lansing West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The room and lobby was very clean. The staff was very friendly. The hotel offers a good breakfast. There are many restaurants and shopping malls located relatively close. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2014