“OK Stay”

Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
Decatur, Georgia
“OK Stay”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I were in town for a birthday celebration as well as our wedding anniversary. We had to use the stairs because they were installing an elevator. There was no complementary breakfast, which is unheard of now days. The room was smaller than we expected and there were stains on the pull-out sofa bed. The air conditioning did not get cold until our last night.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lansing, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Nketia M,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I regret that you did not have a good experience with us and sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced. I will address these matters with my team immediately. All feedback is important to us and I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share yours.

Julie Traskos, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

As a parent of an MSU graduate, I've stayed in a couple of Marriotts in Lansing & East Lansing. This time around, due to the 2014 graduation, it was impossible to get a suite at the Marriott Towne Suites on Hannah Blvd (our fav). We were able to reserve a "king" room at this Marriott. First off let me say the prices got doubled due to the "EVENT" (as they called it). The room is ordinary....The only reason they call it a "KING" is because it has a outside patio area with a table & 2 chairs, a microwave, & refrig. No big deal.
In the morning, my husband went to get Tea.....they only serve Green Tea. I'm not sure about their breakfast area, if its complimentary or not, didn't utilize it.
Service at front desk was fine, actually was able to us our AAA discount. When I made the reservations in Feb., lady on phone at 1-800 # would not allow it due to the "EVENT"...HA!
If you can't get a room elsewhere, then for a quick overnighter, this will due. But I've stayed in nicer Marriotts.

Room Tip: Any rooms near an exit/enter door will come with the noise of people who are coming & going....
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lansing, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Renee A,
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate hearing from you and taking the time to share your comments. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences. Your business is important to us and we’d like to thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott brand!

Best regards,
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The staff was very helpful and friendly, during the power outage in Lansing area, and even under HIGH stress, they kept calm and cheerful. The recommendation of close by restaurants for good meals was very helpful. When needed....extra pillows were sent up. I was very impressed by the news that the management and staff arranged to hold a Christmas lunch...complete with a visit from Santa was held on Christmas Day for those unable to celebrate at home. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel!!! KUDOS to the staff!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lansing, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Pray C,
Thank you very much for writing a review! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We take a lot of care into our hotel and I am glad you found it enjoyable. We look forward to see you again when you are in the area!

Thanks again,
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayted at the Courtyard By Marriott Lansing Location (2710 Lake Lansing Rd) during the 2013 ice storm just before Christmas. The staff was wonderful assisting people who lost power for several days and had nowhere to go. The hotel was clean and comforatable, and the staff was exceptional! They made sure all their guests had what they needed and went out of their way to make sure the families had a great Christmas away from home. I was lucky enough to get power back and go home on Christmas Eve, but I understand the staff made a special Christmas dinner and even had Santa pay a visit to the children who couldn't be in their own home on Christmas day. They definitely went above and beyond for the families and guests!! I've stayed other times and always had great service and will plan to stay again. The location is great - right across from the Eastwood Town Center. Plenty of great shopping, restaurants, and a huge movie theatre across the street.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lansing, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
M J C,
Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the level of service we provide. Thanks especially for recognizing the staff; I’ll be sure to share your comments with them during our next team meeting. We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in the area!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Awesome staff!! Clean, nice place. Convenient w big shopping across street including Sam's and Walmart!!! Also, right off 127 highway for easy access.
The staff was so warm and friendly. We felt we were staying with family!! Highly recommend this place!! -Susan T

• Stayed April 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lansing, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Smotartre,
Thank you for your review and recommendation! We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.

Yours truly,
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed at rhe Courtyard overnight for a conference. As Courtyards go, this has it's plusses and minuses. On the positive, the front desk was very pleasant and welcoming. The room was good size, with good lighting. The king bed was comfortable and the bath towels were oversized (though not very fluffy). The Courtyard is close to great restaurants snd shopping if you need that. On the minus, the room has an old forced fan heating system that cycles on off incessantly which is not good for a light sleeper. The narrow fiberglass tub had a definite acute curve at the drain end making it hard to stand with your feet together without feeling like your ankles were going to cave in. The sofabed upholstery had seen better days. I didn't visit the bar or spend time in the lobby but they looked clean and inviting. For my purposes this place was fine but I wouldn't recommend for a vacation or extended business stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lansing, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Debtodeb,
Thank you for your review. We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.

Yours truly,
Northeast,ohio
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I booked reservations a month in advance for 103 a night. I called to make sure I could stay there being I'm only 20. They said not a problem.I also checked online to make sure there was no age restriction. There wasn't. I get there and the guy at the desk said we are sorry you must be 21. Completely unorganized . Never had a problem with Marriott before. I am a marriott elite member and have stayed in courtyards before and told the guy to call portage michigan and they will tell you under 21 is allowed. He said any marriott with a bistro/bar has a 21 or older policy. I was persistent about calling portage,mi courtyard. He finally agreed to call . They agreed that the age requirement is only 18. This made the guy look completely idiotic . He then told me that the lowest rate at portage was 129 a night. At this point I was furious. I insisted I wasn't going to settle for anything higher then my 103 a night. Finally after a half hour of waiting in the lobby the guy found a marriott that would match the 103 a night. I ended up staying at lansing residence inn which actually was much nicer and the woman at the counter was very helpful! Not sure where the miscommunication came from wether corporate or individual but this was completely unacceptable ! I will be calling corporate complaining . Being an elite rewards member with a premier marriott credit card, I was treated very poorly. Very disappointed .

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Btz2994
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lansing, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Btz2994,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I regret you did not enjoy your stay and you did not experience the high level of customer service I know we can give. We have always had a 21 and over age restriction to reserve a room in place at our property. Again, I apologize if you were inconvenienced and I appreciate your time in sharing your comments as all feedback is important to us.
Julie Traskos, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Hyatt Place Lansing
#13 of 25 in Lansing
Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol
Hampton Inn & Suites Lansing West
East Lansing Marriott at University Place

Been to Courtyard Lansing? Share your experiences!