“A place I'd return to.....”

Quality Suites Hotel
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bay City, Michigan
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,395 helpful votes
“A place I'd return to.....”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I used this hotel's park and fly option. Stayed one night, and my car stays on their property until I return home. The hotel is very nice! Very clean, the atrium is beautiful and full of light. Lots of seating throughout both levels. Very comfortable public areas. My room was a business suite with a living room ( couch, chair, coffee table, end tables, TV, desk, phone, dry sink, fridge, microwave, counter space, cabinet space, ice bucket, tray). The lighting was good but could be better. The bedroom had a king bed, lots of pillows, nice bedding, however, I found the bed much too firm and thus, did not sleep well. There is not a closing door between the two rooms, just a doorway. There is a very long counter with great lighting, one sink, and a fairly small closet with iron/board. Bathroom is rather small too, a bit of a tight fit, but is updated and very clean. Great water pressure and nice towels.

Service was very good, everyone from the desk to the breakfast area to housekeeping were all friendly and addressed the guest. I like that in a hotel! There is a small 24 hour store with snacks, papers, trinkets for sale. Computers (2) for guests, though you have to stand to use them. Breakfast was good, with TV's available for catching the news.

Exercise facility, free local newspaper, free local calls, and a shuttle to the airport. I was surprised they didn't have an awesome pool! There is no pool, but a sauna I do believe.

Highly recommend. Wish my bed had been better!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank tymetraveler222
QualitySuitesMgr, General Manager at Quality Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Great to read your nice review and learn that you "highly recommend" us. We are very proud of our unique public areas and our oversized suites. We think that we offer amenities and service here that other hotels cannot, and we are pleased that you agree. Thanks for using our park and fly service and we will see you just before your next trip.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed at the Quality Suites in Lansing Michigan for a 7 day trip to Punta Cana. They offer a park n fly package that allows you to leave your car in their parking lot during your trip. Once we arrived, we were very surprised on how nice and clean the property is. Check in was great and the personel were great. The room was very clean and spacious. They offered a light snack and a couple free drinks at happy hour. There are many restraunts close by for dinner and drinks. They brought in extra people due to our early departure to work the front desk and cook us a great hot breakfast 2 hours earlier that posted times. The shuttle was on time and delivered us to the airport in great time. Upon arrival from our trip, they were outside the airport waiting for us and delivered us right to our car. This by far was the best "park n fly" we have ever experienced. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank mrf1153
We take great pride in our park and fly package and are very happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that we come highly recommended. We focus on what is important to a couple arriving in Lansing for a vacation and then deliver a clean comfortable suite, a welcome reception with drinks, and organized, seamless, shuttle transportation. If it matters to you, we will be ready to provide it. See you next year.
Lakeville, Michigan
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Once again-this is the only place I will stay while I'm in Lansing. I've been to numerous conferences at the Lansing Center. Quality Suites is 10 minutes away. Perfect route straight to the Center. Friendly, clean, great hot breakfast. Each evening from 5-7 is "happy hour", with 2 free drinks for each in your room. +21 yrs. Beds are firm and comfortable. The suites are very roomy. Affordable. Nothing negative to say about this place.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank gravesky
We are incredibly honored to read, "once again, this is the only place I will stay while I'm in Lansing." Even more amazing is that there are at least a dozen hotels closer to your conference than we are, yet you stay every time at the Quality Suites. So pleased to see that you are very happy with your hotel choice! Thanks.
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We were really surprised when we walked inside. You know what you are expecting when you pull up, but it's really a larger than expected nice hotel! The rooms are more like jr suites! The lay out is super. We enjoyed our complimentary 'happy hour' and continental breakfast!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank LoveKYlivn
Thank you for your very nice feedback. We know we are executing well when our guests feel that the Quality Suites is a "great place to stay". Love to hear that our signature amenities, breakfast and our social hour, made all the diference.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Our Family has been coming to Quality Suites for many years and never are we disappointed! The staff and the physicality are beyond reproach!
Tom, Jo Jo and Julie are the Ambassadors with the breakfasts!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Margaret R
QualitySuitesMgr, General Manager at Quality Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Margaret,

Thank you so much for your great review of your stays with us. Love to hear that our staff serve as Ambassadors.....one of the hallmarks of true hospitality. We appreciate your loyalty!
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This Quality Suites Hotel was truly sweet! As a Quality Inn branded property, this was the best among all that I have stayed in as a business traveler. As a Choice Hotels member, I always stay at Choice properties when I travel for business. This is the nicest of all Choice Hotels I have used.

Upon entering the facility, I felt like I was entering a high end hotel in a downtown metropolitan area. However, this property is in a suburban area of Lansing and offers the kind of stay and service I wish I could enjoy everywhere I stay.

All rooms are suites and mine was exceptionally nice. In addition, the common areas were well kept and the breakfast was second to none. For the average visitor, a continental breakfast is provided. However, the hotel also offers a wonderful hot breakfast for an additional cost, for certain hotel packages, and for Platinum level members of the Choice Rewards program.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this property and will make this my go-to hotel anytime I am in Lansing for business.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank TennesseeTaco
QualitySuitesMgr, General Manager at Quality Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
It was my pleasure to read your review and more importantly, to share it with my staff. We especially love it when business travellers give us the highest praise and tell us that we are the best in brand. We take great pride in all of our amenities and humbly enjoy when you declare that our signature hot breakfast is "second to none".

Thanks for making the Quality Suites your go-to hotel whenever your in Lansing for business.
GRAND RAPIDS
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We reserved rooms on Christmas Eve, when a lot of the area was still without power, due to a major ice storm. The rooms were very nice, and clean. The beds were comfortable. We were going to church, so we did not partake of the free alcoholic drinks. We did get some hot chocolate.
The room had power, but the heat didn't work. We got an electric space heater from the desk in the morning, and they did not re-rent the room when we left on Christmas day.
The hot breakfast was comped, but it would have been well worth the extra price. I even got my eggs over easy. Don't miss the hot breakfast.
We did not try the hot tub or other facilities.
I would definitely stay here again.

Green Features: The toilet paper was brown recycled, but it was reasonably soft.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank DANIEL P
We appreciate you taking the time to give us a very nice review. The ice storm presented significant challenges for our team and, at times, we provided space heaters to keep guests warm while we worked to restore facility services. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that you "will definitely stay with us again".