“Best hotel I've been in (and last week I was in a junior suite at the Crowne Plaza San Francisco)”

Quality Suites Hotel
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Fast reliable internet access.

Great gym with modern equipment and free weights.

Friendly, pleasant people.

Airport transfers.

24 hour shop.

All rooms are large and luxurious featuring a lounge, kitchenette and a large working desk.

The only thing that was a disappointment was the breakfast.

After 2 weeks away from home I really appreciated the warm welcome and great service I got from this fine hotel. I look forward to staying at more hotels in the group as a result of the wonderful experience I had. I'll stick up for this hotel anyday.

Well done to all the staff, you all stood out and made me feel special.

They have a social hour nightly featuring complimentary snacks and drinks. I didn't partake but I saw it happen. Great value add.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Rgdacosta
QualitySuitesMgr, General Manager at Quality Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Fantastic. We like it when our guests compare us to full-service hotels in major cities. And we are elated when we are ranked higher, even though our price is often hundreds of dollars less. Price is what you pay, but value is what you get. For you, it was our newly renovated fitness center, free shuttle, and excellent staff that put us over the top.

Your title says it all, "Best hotel I've been in, and last week it was a suite at the San Francisco Crowne Plaza".

We appreciate your great review and look forward to hosting you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Reviewed 16 June 2014

As my Fiance pointed out to me, if this hotel was any other hotel the review would have been written days ago and it wouldn't have been a good one... so let's get the bad out of the way, it's a little outdated and the rooms were a little grungy. There was a dead bug flattened on the wall and our shower curtain was moldy, so I was a little put off from the place.

That being said.... Anything you asked of the staff they had a solution right away. Everyone was just great and by the end of the weekend any complaint from day one was a distant memory. I strongly suggest that you go for the hot breakfast if for no other reason then to start your morning off by experiencing the cook, Tom! I have never felt so welcomed to be at breakfast! The front desk was great, anything you needed they had, bowls, spoons, can opener, bottle opener, etc.

Everyone was really great and we will defiantly be looking for excuses to come back to Lansing!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cubby0711
Thank you for your review of your stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that, "everyone was great" and to read your very nice comments on our breakfast. We agree that people make all the difference. We have corrected the issue in your room, and are thrilled that you will look for reasons to come back to Lansing and stay with us!
Okemos, Michigan
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in ever. The front desk clerk truly welcomed me. Yes, my rate included parking my car for the entire two weeks of my vacation. Yes, I could get an airport shuttle at 6:00 on a Sunday morning, and yes, the coffee would be ready before that--and even some breakfast! My suite was very well appointed with a comfortable bed and all other amenities, and wake-up call came promptly at 5:00. When I got down to the lobby at 5:15, not only was the coffee ready plus fruit, rolls, etc.; a real chef was at my service for bacon and eggs--lovely crisp bacon, perfectly scrambled real eggs. I finished in time to return to my suite for luggage and a smooth 10-minute trip to the airport. It was a PERFECT start to my vacation, much better than trying to get my act together at 5:00 AM and gambling on a taxi arriving on time or tugging my baggage from the long-term parking lot in the rain!

Room Tip: Note that the 2xx rooms are actually on lobby level...but there's an elevator handy to other lev...
Green Features: This is a "green" hotel for multi-day stays--and the suite amenities (refrigerator, microwave, gpod working desk, free wi-fi, etc.) would make it excellent for a longer stay.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Barbara O
QualitySuitesMgr, General Manager at Quality Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Barbara,

Thank you so much for telling the millions of Trip Advisor users how great your experience was at our hotel. We focus daily on executing the small things, so it adds up to one big A+ rating - and that's exactly what you gave us here.

When hotels combine value, with superb service and amenities as you described - it ALWAYS equals what every hotel wants, which is guest loyalty.

See you next time.
Dowling
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a convention. They were great working out details with us and we received some good perks. Rooms are large with a suite room with 2nd TV, microwave and mini fridge. Inside courtyard area to eat and have cocktails .

• Stayed May 2014
QualitySuitesMgr, General Manager at Quality Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you so much for your great comments while you attended a convention here in Lansing. Our long term guests are very important to us, and it's great to hear that we exceeded your expectations with our unique atrium for dining and drinks.
New Holland, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Were very impressed with this hotel. Beautiful lobby/atrium area with lots of conversational seating zones -- even a gazebo. It's all the things you are looking for in a place to stay: friendly, helpful staff; good breakfast; quiet, clean, comfortable, spacious rooms in an excellent location. Only minor complaint was a slightly noisy heating unit as it switched on and off.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank BuckeyeChuckII
We couldn't be happier that you we're very impressed with us and that our hotel "has all the things you are looking for". Adding quiet, clean, comfortable and we've got the essence of hospitality delivered. Thank you and we will see you next time you are in Lansing.
Paris, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Clean, comfortable rooms with continental breakfast and free WiFi. Also a free cocktail and appetizers in the lounge. Friendly staff. What more do you want from a chain hotel?

My only minor issue was the slightly noisy AC unit as it switched on and off.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wingman_Dan
Thank you for applauding our complimentary cocktails and appetizers. Although there is a significant cost to do this 365 nights per year, this unique amenity generates guest loyalty, which is far more important than just guest satisfaction. Our "friendly staff" awaits your next visit.
Detroit, MI
Reviewed 16 April 2014

There is a reason they are a multiple Choice Hotels Platinum Award winner and most recently selected as the hotel of the year bearing the Quality nameplate. It is all true, from check in to check out they deliver the experience and hospitality to support the awards. They hotel is kept in pristine condition, the rooms are immaculate, the happy hour whip cream on the sundae and then the cooked to order breakfast is the cherry on top. We have stayed here 2 years in a row for a tournament in Lansing and will always look to stay here when we are in the area, even if the event might be a little further, so what. This place is worth it. KUDOS to the staff and managment for a continuous job well done!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank bostonianc1
QualitySuitesMgr, General Manager at Quality Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Couldn't feel any better than when a guest tells the world that we are "simply THE BEST". We are very proud of our Hotel of the Year Award and are thrilled that you feel that the hospitality we deliver supports the awards. We work very hard, every day, on the cleanliness and condition of this hotel and it's very rewarding to hear guests tell us we are continuously getting the job done. Thank you for the great review and we will see you next time!