“Even when there were issues, the staff was fantastic!”

Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I travel every week. Unfortunate things happen at hotels, but the way the hotel responds is the best indicator of how the stay turns out. In this the Lansing Radisson gets top marks. The hotel itself is in good condition and is pretty standard in terms of room size and amenities. It's very clean and pretty quiet sound wise. Meeting rooms are pretty standard hotel fare but the property is bright and welcoming. My room did not have a refrigerator or a microwave as many mid priced hotels have. Check in was easy and the desk personnel were extremely friendly and cheerful. After getting into my room, the mirrored closet doors fell off their track and came crashing towards me. Fortunately I caught them before they smashed on me or the wall. Within minutes of my call a very nice engineer came to help. Instead of inconveniencing me, he just took the doors out and had the situation fixed the next day while I was out. That was the right solution and I didn't even have to suggest it. The next night they were back in place and fully functional. And he brought me a refrigerator for my meds as a bonus for my trouble. The next morning there was a mixup on my room service order and I received someone else's. The waiter was back in less than 15 minutes with the correct order freshly made. Good job Jeremy! The restaurant staff was very helpful and friendly. They assisted me with my need to do carry out fast for lunch each day and made sure to include napkins and utensils which most places forget about. My meeting room was not opened on time one morning and I only had to go to the lobby to find someone with the keys to the kingdom. Other reviewers talk about the parking charges which are silly high for a city like Lansing. But the battery in my rental car was dead by the time I needed to leave and the valet immediately went to the garage and jumped the car. It took 10 minutes tops. Like I said, stuff happens. But this team should be commended for great attitudes and thoughtful solutions that serve the guest without question. I wish you were a Hilton property so I could make you a regular stop when I'm in Lansing.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We always recommend this hotel to people. Location is downtown Lansing. Capitol Grille is on site as well as walking distance to other restaurants. They are connected by walkway to the Lansing Convention Center making it perfect for events. One block from Lansing Lugnuts as well. Kimberley DeBrabander is sales does an excellent job if you have an event to plan. Rooms are clean, updated and beds are very comfortable. Pool is very small is only negative.

Room Tip: Many rooms have great views of downtown and some of the Capitol.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Facility is nice and the location is good. Pulled up and the Valet guy basically told me that was my best (only) parking option and it would cost me more to park on my own in the garage next door. Our group's parking was comped, but I wonder how much more it could cost than the $16-$18 per night the hotel charged. Did not like having to have someone get my car each time when needed to leave or if I wanted something out of it. Elevators were not working when we came back Sat afternoon. Luckily we were on the 3rd floor. HBO and ESPN did not work the entire weekend. Ignored it Friday night. They sent someone up when I called Sat afternoon so I could watch a game. They sent someone to the room to check it out. He left and called back to tell me it was a problem with the entire hotel and that they could not get someone out to fix it until Monday. So I go down to the bar Sat afternoon to watch a game. There was just 2 other people in there with the bartender nowhere in sight. Waited about 10 minutes for her to show and bring me a beer. Finished that and waited about 10 minutes for her to come back and maybe another 10 to finally yell out to my table to ask if I needed another. Other than her the service was what you would expect from a Radisson.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JeffIndiana33
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The room was clean and quiet, the lounge had great food and good service, even when they were busy. Great experience and it is connected to the Lansing Center, which was awesome for this trade show vendor!

Room Tip: Request a refrigerator for an additional minimal cost...so worth it!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
GMRadissonLansing, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Debra,

Thank you for the kind comments about your recent stay. I am really excited that you enjoyed the accommodations and the Capitol City Grille. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you again and we look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Lansing.

Best Regards,
Bryan Johnson

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I stay frequently at the Radisson in Lansing, and find the staff professional and helpful. They have been trained to say, "My pleasure," but they say it like they mean it! The bend over backwards to make their guests comfortable. I also enjoy the restaurant very much.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Great location, room was spacious and clean. Valet service was nice considering the temp. Nice having a bar and restaurant on site. Check in/check out were fast, staff was great. Noon checkout works for me.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The staff, from valet, to check in/out were all very professional, helpful and very friendly. The location for our meetings in downtown Lansing is great. I did order room service and it was fast and tasty. The room was very clean and my wife loved the view as I went to my meetings. The valet was very fast and we did not have to wait to get our car. It was great having it cleaned and heated because there was several inches of snow outside and very cold. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business