“Don't expect much & you won't be disappointed”

Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We picked this hotel because the write up about the gym & amenities spa & pool sounded great. The gym was very tight space but it was clean & cardio equipment was good. Only one bench -no stability balls or cable equipment so not to much room for functional training if any space at all & I was in there on my own.
When we 1st arrived a valet guy came out & parked our car but no one was there to take up our bags- no problem I guess we'll do it ourselves(after a long drive in the car & quit a few bags because traveling all east coast from Hawaii)
The only saving grace on this hotel was ONE staff front desk woman that was friendly & professional. My husband & I asked a male front desk person about any tourist water activities and he simply said "I'm not a water guy" and then the lady came over & helped. Wether your a water person or not doesn't matter just in the future guide us to what were asking for please.
We asked to have a couple things pressed since we had been traveling for a few weeks & were planning dinner that night- the laundry - ironing person slapped my husbands shirt & my two dresses on same hanger we turned them in on. Looked terrible when we got them back- DO NOT PAY FOR THEIR SERVICE your better off doing it yourself :(
Plus when we asked front desk where we could pick up our clothes, they said "ask valet"
I'm sorry but why would the guy that's parking my car know where my dress is?"
I've stayed and traveled a lot of places & that's never happened before.
We came in late one evening and at $16 to park the car each night (only option no parking lot) I thought someone would come out- WRONG. I had to go inside and look around the desk and say "H E L L O!!"
Then they finally came out :(
Dang people - I thought this state was in poverty - I am definitely willing to overtip but I was NOT impressed from start to finish (seemed a lil lazy) even when I said good bye to the lady (she knows who she is) who stood out above everyone else, my husband was loading up the car & i went to sit in passenger seat of car only to find -
I had to bring the walkie talkie back to front desk because the valet guy left it. I pride myself on always doing the right thing but not everyone would have done that.
I understand small lil things happen - no biggie but seriously people lets sharpen our skills this is the Capitol city.
I will not recommend this place to anyone.
Sorry :(

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Fitness4eva
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Overall, not a bad choice of places to stay, but i would likely not choose it again. It was clean and the staff was great. Quite comfortable and i was interested to try a "sleep number bed" ( which form me wouldn't be worth the money.)
They had a lot of sizes and firmness of pillows. ji.e. reall making the effort for comfort.
My major issue was with quietness. Sound carried from the neighbor when they were taking a bath and when some folks were coming in and somewhat loud walking down the hall. also i was shocked when i woke up to a "loud" motorcycle driving by (and i was on the 7th floor). They likely should update the curtains or windows to improve dampening the outside noise. A bit hard since the blower/cooling unit is below the window, but needs something getting woken up by outside noise is just not a player.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Great hotel - downtown Lansing Michigan. Easy to find, convenient location close to Capital. Rooms are modern, clean with great beds. Has connecting "bridge" to the conference center. Friendly staff and reasonable valet parking. Capital Grill Restaurant in the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The staff at the Radisson Lansing is outstanding. They the epitome of friendliness and helpfulness. They should all get raises! :)

The hotel was very clean and my room was very modern. The Sleep Number bed didn't really work but it was still comfortable. The bathroom was large, although the water in the shower never really got hot enough.

The indoor pool was OK. It was actually surprisingly cold in the pool area. My niece and I didn't last more than about 20 minutes.

The restaurant was overpriced and the bartender was really friendly, offering me bottles from a local beer festival.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Heedybeedy
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

The Radisson Hotel in Lansing is a very nice place to stay. The staff really goes out of their way to make sure you are completely comfortable. I was super impressed with David at the front desk. He really went above and beyond. My only real complaint is the desk setup in the room. There are no outlets to plug in your laptop or cell phone which is pretty silly. This is something they clearly need to look at. It's not very functional for the business traveler. This is also one of the few hotels in Lansing that does not allow pets, thank god! The world has gone dog crazy! Dogs do not belong in restaurants or hotels, period! Kudos to the hotel staff...great job! I look forward to my next performance in Lansing. I highly recommend the Radisson!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights while in Lansing. This hotel is really nothing special and is everything you would expect from a Radisson chain hotel. The staff were friendly. I had a double room which was clean and normal sized. I'm not a fan of the sleep number beds, but it was comfortable. This hotel is located minutes walk from from many restaurants and bars. My room also included WiFi. This hotel charges $16 a night to park a car there which I thought was ridiculous. Overall, this is a functional, clean, average hotel. It was nice but I personally think the $150 I paid for each night was a little expensive for what you get, but I would probably stay here again since I was comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Even though I only stayed for one night, I had a very pleasant experience. The staff was excellent. Very attentive and helpful. Valet parking was a welcome surprise, even though the attendant was not very familiar with driving my manual transmission car. The room was not large, but very nice and clean and the sleep number bed was another nice surprise. Room service breakfast was right on time and hot and delicious. Definitely would recommend staying here if you plan to visit Michigan's capitol city.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business