Crowne Plaza Lansing West
US$126
Courtyard Lansing(Lansing)
US$151
US$142
Red Roof Inn Lansing West - MSU(Lansing)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$105
US$100
US$171
US$161
All reviewscookies and milkbasketball courtair hockeyeaster brunchplanning processdinner dancequiet zonequiet floorsocial eventbreakfast buffetwedding receptionstarbucks coffeeevery eveninglansing westnicest hotelwould definitely stay here againvery nice hotel
Reviewed 5 November 2011

This is a favorite place for my fiancee and I. The beds are so comfortable that it is hard to pull yourself out of them with their soft sheets and fluffy comforters. When you do decide to crawl out of bed, they have a complimentary shuttle to take you anywhere in the area. Love, love, love this place!!!

Room Tip: Book the Escape and Unwind package. It is cheaper than their regular rates (usually) and gives you the option of a late check out and $20 toward their Bistro.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank juicebox48060
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed at the Lexington Lansing hotel over the MSU homecoming weekend in October and we were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. We knew this hotel would obviously be a 10 minute drive to campus but that was fine with us. My brother booked the hotel for our family, we booked 5 of these rooms for everyone, so since I didn't do the research, I didn't know what to expect. My wife and I got a "corner" King room, which was VERY nice. Much bigger than a typical King room, which was nice. We brought our 9.5lb Yorkie/Mini Schnauzer mix, which was very nice to have that option. We did have to pay a one-time $30 fee for having a pet, but it was well worth it.
The hotel was very nice. It was also nice that it had a bar and restaurant in it as well. Although we didn't use the work out room/pool, I did walk by it, and it was very nice and just enough for anyone who wanted to get a work out in.
The place was clean and updated for the most part.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2011

It's a good business quality hotel. Room is pretty typical size. Free wireless internet. Quiet. Bed was comfortable. I needed a microwave due to a special diet. I asked at the desk and that had one brought up at no charge.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Gretchen D
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Stayed at the Lexington Lansing Hotel to attend a conference Oct. 19 and 20th 2011. This is the second time I have stayed at the Lexington Lansing.
The facility has not changed much if at all since my 2010 visit.
The room was on the second floor, it was clean, the heat worked well and quietly. All of the lights worked as did the TV (flat screen) and mini-fridge. I did some work in the evening and on breaks using the wireless internet. This year once I signed on I did not have to go through the whole registration process like I did last year.
The staff I encountered were more than happy to assist and very friendly.
It appears that the Lexington uses its own staff for the conferences it holds there. The conference rooms were always clean, the food was much better than what you sometimes get at a conference and there was a decent selection for the buffet style breakfast and lunches. Even the technical staff appeared to be their workers. Although the technical aspects of the conference were fairly simple, using equipment for PowerPoint presentations and a working audio system, there were no problems. I have seen too many "hotel media" people who wouldn't know what to do with an Ohm meter if it bit them on the butt.
The Lexington has a Bistro/Bar on the main floor which seems be well attended. I did not visit it this year. There is a pool and exercise room. I did not visit the pool but did give the exercise room the once over. Not too big but did have free weights, treadmills and other exercise equipment. I appreciate the free weights.
The Lexington is laid out in a three-pronged design with the rooms going out from the lobby spoke. As I mentioned last year the stairs are at the far end of the spokes. I was in a room close to the spoke (low number) I was right in the middle. I would have taken the stairs as opposed to the elevator but the stairs are way out at the end. The elevators seem to be a little faster than last year.
The only negative was a strange breathing-like sound the mini-fridge put out when I turned up the settings. At first I was not sure where the sound was coming from but tracked it down to the fridge. It wasn't loud enough to keep me from sleeping (It would take a tornado for that) but it was just on the edge of my listening perception.
The bed was comfortable, the room chair was nice and the desk was roomy with a nice work chair. They have a business center which I did not use.
I did not have the staff clean my room while there due to having my laptop there. The cleaning staff did ask if I wanted it cleaned but I told them it was okay.
The conference attendees got a special rate to stay there but I wouldn't say the rate was outstanding for a Wednesday and Thursday night.
The Lexington is right off of I-496 and is only a mile or so from the I-496/I-69 interchange so it is easy to get to and get out of. It was cold and rainy both days so I basically stayed in the hotel and did not venture out into Lansing.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank hawkedd
Reviewed 21 October 2011

We stayed at the Lexington Lansing for 2 days while attending a college football game. We had previously stayed at another area hotel for visits to Michigan State, but when we called to book the room, the price was much more than we had paid in the past. We decided to give the Lexington a try and are glad we did. The room was nice and clean, nothing fancy but it had everything needed. Bathroom was very clean also. The room did have a refrig. but no microwave. We were able to use the WiFi with no problem which has not always been the case at other hotels. The beds were comfortable, but we did have some pillow issues. We have noticed this over the past few years,they give you either a very flat pillow that does nothing and the second pillow does not offer a lot of support also. We end up using two pillows to get the support we like. Anyway, the front desk was very friendly and we enjoyed the cookie and milk cart that came around Saturday night. Enjoyed both the pool and spa that was located off the lobby. There was also a nice basketball court inside that we used. The only negatives would be there was no continental breakfast, although they did have a restaurant in the building. The hotel located right off the highway exit, but it is in an area that did not have much to offer for dining out. When we went to look for a breakfast spot Saturday morning we drove in both directions and could only find a very small McDonald's located inside a gas station. At the last minute we decided to go into a Quality Dairy to see what they had. The had a really nice selection of donuts, muffins and pastries that were very tasty and reasonably priced. The coffee was good too. We do not have Quality Dairies where we live so this was a nice find for us! It was about a 15 minutes drive to MSU campus. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor-the hotel has 5 floors. Elevators are located in the middle in an open atrium area
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family