“Beautiful rooms!”

Residence Inn Lansing West
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
“Beautiful rooms!”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

When we first arrived we were greated fairly. We got our keys and entered our room. Wow! I can honestly say you get for what you pay for! There was a very comfy couch with a nice kitenette...full size fride with an ice machine (important to myself). The cabinet s were full of everything you might need to cook a nice meal. And a huge plus...a full size coffee maker! You could comfortable stay one week or more there. Anthore real cool plus if you give the desk a list of groceries before 9am they will happily go get them for you!! The pool was goregous! Very very clean. There is a patio with a very nce seating and a fire pit. Also there is a basketball court. I have stayed at a lot of lansing hotels. The residents was by far the nicest one. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Its a great place to stay!!

• Stayed May 2013
LansingRISales, General Manager at Residence Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
I would like to thank you for the kind words about our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I travel all over and mainly stay at Residence Inns and am always pleased. This is the only one in the Lansing area. This story gets really good, read to bottom...I immediately did not like the setup entering the hotel. No awning or anywhere to pull up close to unload your luggage. There was a sign on the lobby desk, that said that the cable was not operating properly and not all Tv's had clarity. It has been ongoing for 3 wks, apparently cable company. Really!!??...and thats my problem why? Of course, that was never mentioned when I booked it a week ago. But whatever, the Tv problem turns out now to be that bad, unless you are an HD fan, all in all still trying to not be picky. However, upon entering my room and settling in, I find a dirty spoon in the sink, dirty fingerprints on the light plates and fridge and a dried used wrung out wash cloth hanging over the shower curtain. So I do a little tidying and on my merry way..I take a vitamin with a glass of water that i filled from the bathroom sink, and look after i drink it, only to find out that it was dirty too, and I hate to think, probably used, repulsive! Now all I really want is a glass of wine and a nice shower...no wine opener in this room and all hair conditioners, no shampoo on the sink. As I go downstairs to get the opener, I notice that the door is very difficult to open and close. The next day I am out til 1130p. Long day and just want to get to my room and relax. I am carrying a ton of heavy stuff, go to enter my room, and my key doesn't work. Carry all stuff downstairs and get it recoded. Go back up and it still doesn't work. Go back down and recode. Go back up and it still doesn't work. call front desk from my phone. Clerk comes up and tries his room key, doesn't work. He goes back down and gets a regular key but that doesn't work. He goes back down again and finally after 5 trips and 30 minutes later, I get into my room.. This is unacceptable. The next day I have my do not disturb sign on and after getting to bed late, was sleeping in. The maid knocked at my do and announced housekeeping, to which i did not answer. She then tried her key several times, and of course did not work..lol,.. cause the lock was broke. I checked out a few hours later and complained to the assistant mgr. She seemed sympathetic, but offered me points to stay free at their hotel. I refused, not coming back. I went and stayed at another Marriott, which I am very pleased with. Oh btw, the Residence Inn's new living room decor is really nice, though. The suites are spacious and decorated nicely, but thats where it stopped at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank EL646
LansingRISales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Dear “EL646”,

I want to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay. I am so sorry for the negative experiences you encountered at our hotel. In response to your concerns, I’d like you to know we have addressed the issue of cleanliness and lack of supplies available in your guest room to be sure its importance is reinforced with our staff. Also, we are working with maintenance to ensure key readers on the doors are functioning properly. I want to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We always take guest comments seriously in order to improve the hotel for our guests. Next time you’re in the Lansing area, we would love it if you gave us another chance to make things right.

Thank you.
Clyde, Michigan
Reviewed 24 March 2013

4 girls shared a 2 bedroom suite for a girlfriend weekend and this is the perfect place!
Very nice comfy beds, a full kitchen with updated appliances, and a cute sitting/living
area with a fireplace. Also had one of the best breakfast buffets we have
experienced. Friendly and accomodating staff...really couldn't ask for anything more!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I have not been a Marriott fan for a while, their hotels can be a tad low grade with respect to comfort and furnishing. I was thinking about switch to Hilton. Then I arrived on a business trip and stayed at this Residence Inn. The bathrooms were well done, neat and modern. The suite living room was very comfortable, I like the L-shaped chairs. The work desk was also very good. Kitchen was okay, the electric cooker is not the best but then you get used to it. They had a buffet breakfast AND Dinner which was surprising. I didn't partake but that's because I prefer my own cooking and dishes.

Minuses are the heating/cooling needs to be upgraded, temperature control could be fuzzy. The night staff can also be not so friendly. They should also provide info to the guests on local take options. Other than that the hotel was very good and won me back to Marriott, specifically to Residence Inn, I still don't trust other Marriott brands. Now when I go to a town I look for a Residence Inn.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
LansingRISales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
I'm glad we were able to win you back to the Marriott brand! We appreciate you staying here and choosing the Residence Inn of Lansing while in town. I want to reassure you that within the past few weeks all of our thermostats in the rooms have been upgraded. They can even sense when a person is no longer in the room! I do apologize for our night staff not properly taking care of you. I will certainly address this with our front desk. I appreciate your comments, and I look forward to seeing you again when you come back to town!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I had to book 4 rooms for family, and we were all so surprised to find such a wonderful place to stay. The rooms were big and had sitting areas and kitchens. Lots of room, free internet, free breakfast. There was a comfy fireplace and sitting area in the lobby with a big TV. Pool and exercise areas too. Staff was super! We lucked out and it made for a great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
LansingRISales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Dear "yomamalynn",

We are all so glad you and your family had a pleasant stay here in Lansing. Please think of us again if you ever travel to this area again. We would love to see you back!

Thanks for choosing the Residence Inn for your family needs.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Stayed one night and was upgraded to a two bedroom. of course this never happens when travelling with family! Lobby/breakfast area renovations recently completed. Guest room was typical Residence Inn style; comfortable bed and a large work area. As has been typical lately at nearly every hotel, some stray hair is present on the bathroom floor.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank DSGAtlanta_GA
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Tremendous staff & service. This place is WAY above typical. Extremely clean and everyone from front desk to housekeeping had a smile on their face. They can check in everyone in our group in under 15 minutes. I was very impress with their professionalism and care.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple