“What a pleasure!”

Residence Inn Lansing West
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed 30 November 2013

It was almost Thanksgiving Day and I hadn't made a reservation for our overnight stay. Imagine my surprise when traveling (for the first time) with my 60# dog, many of my previous :go-to" hotels said "no room in the inn"---for big dogs! She is completely house-broken, well-behaved and the owner of Canine Good Citizen medals. I was upset, but then I found the Residence Inn. We booked our rooms and found that the place was spotless, the beds were comfortable, the rooms were spacious and our dog was welcomed! Brian welcomed us and even called our rooms within 15 minutes to check that everything was OK. Brian was like the good-will ambassador always greeting us as we came in or left the building. This is the way Marriotts used to be and it was nice to see that some of them still uphold the old traditions of customer service. We will return to this hotel at every visit to the Lansing area.

Room Tip: Ours had a fireplace, a nice touch on a cold Thanksgiving night.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this Residence Inn. Our room was clean and spacious, no problem there. Checking In and Out was fine and friendly. We were the Guest of the Day which entitled us to a free beverage from the cooler. However, this establishment has a few things to work on in my estimation. I know that this was brought up in other reviews, but the reception in the sitting area on the TV is poor to non existent on some channels. Luckily, there is also a TV in the bedroom so you had to watch in there. Also, the toilet did not flush well so maintenance had to be called. I asked about the TV problem and he basically said that he had to replace a part which required cutting a hole in the wall so I doubt very many televisions will be fixed. The downstairs breakfast area is small for such a large hotel with a few hot and cold items. The carpeting throughout the hotel looks worn and should be replaced. The office area with computer is adequate but 2 guests left the area in the morning without being able to use the computer. We went to the desk to be told that the computer should be rebooted. If that is the case, a sign would be helpful! There isn't any reason I can think of that staff shouldn't just reboot it for the guests first thing in the morning.

Room Tip: If street noise bothers you, ask for an odd numbered room and stay out of 321 due to poor draw on to...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Lansing West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear BethRose640,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the Residence Inn Lansing West. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your clean, spacious room. I want to apologize that the rest of your stay did not meet your expectations. We are always looking for ways to improve our service, and will use your comments to do just that. It is my hope that with our efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Richard P.

Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this Residence Inn quite a bit the past few months and have always had a wonderful stay. The rooms are extremely cleans and beds very comfortable. The service and food has also been great every time.

• Stayed: July 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Lansing West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Breezie2010,
Thank you for your 5 star review and kind words for our hotel. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit to the Residence Inn Lansing West.

Kind thanks,
Richard P.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Our room was clean and spacious -- close proximity to Michigan State. Was greeted by a very friendly young lady working in the check-in desk.....she certainly seems like a GREAT employee! (wish I would have caught her name, but we checked in on Monday night, July 15th, for MSU orientation. We've booked our room for the MSU move-in date!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Richard P, General Manager at Residence Inn Lansing West, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

I am happy to hear that your room was clean and that Jessica did a good job checking you into your room. Jessica does a great job making sure that guests feel welcomed when staying at our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

This hotel was in a wonderful location, right off the highway and close to tons of places to eat. Our room was very clean and had a nice layout. The extra touches, like the free microwave popcorn, dish of candy, and Paul Mitchell products made the stay even nicer!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank fivebell

I am glad to see our location was a good fit for your stay. Thank you staying at our hotel and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I stayed here one night on a business trip. I preface this by stating I am not a big Marriott guy, I only stay at them last resort.

That being said I've had good luck at Residence Inn's and this one fits their standard. Room was large with living room/kitchen and then bedroom/bathroom. The work area was a bit cramped and seemed jammed in between the couch, coffee table and tv, but it was ok.

There are a few restaurants in walking distance and it is convenient to a lot of highways.

I'd consider it again if I was in the area as there aren't a lot of other choices.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
LansingRISales, General Manager at Residence Inn Lansing West, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

I appreciate your honest feedback. We hope that our rooms plus or great customer service will help you come back to stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

After a long day we checked in here for a business trip to Lansing. The room is immaculate, the space updated, modern and comfortable. Plenty of food options nearby. Perfect place to relax after a long day.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank jlucian

I would like to thank you for the nice comments about our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay here and hope to see you again in the future!