“Great service and very nice facility”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed 15 September 2010

NOTE: This review is from the perspective of a soccer parent

Ok, while many people give hotels a bad wrap for booking scores of pre-teen soccer/hockey/sports teams, this hotel went out of its way providing my family and other families on my son's soccer team excellent service:
1. They arranged for early check in on a weekend that was booked solid due to a large soccer tournament in Lansing.
2. They gave me a pet-friendly room so we could bring our small dog along.
3. They brought a rollaway bed into my room upon request.
4. They let our soccer team use the lounge and breakfast area to have a team lunch with food we brought in.
5. They kept the continental breakfast stocked with food, even though there were a ton of hungry soccer kids
6. They kept the towels stocked in the pool area, even though there were a ton of kids swimming.

Overall, given the hectic, crowded weekend where at least 50% of the customers were under the age of 10, the staff was outstanding.

As for the facility, overall, the hotel was clean, but felt small in public areas. The lobby area had a low ceiling, the pool area was small, the fitness room was small, the business center was small... though the rooms were a comfortable size with a nice bathroom, the room closet was small. Don't let the pictures fool you, objects in picture are smaller than they appear.

The continental breakfast consisted of three types of cereal, an assortment of baked goods, and one hot item per day (breakfast pizza one morning, and scrambled eggs/ham/cheese the other day). The OJ was tasty (not watered down) and the coffee was a nice brew and available all day.

The room consisted of two double beds, that were very comfortable with big fluffy pillows. The flat screen tv had a clear picture, and the room had free high speed internet via ethernet cable (no wireless). Our room had a microwave and refridgrator, but that was not standard in every room.

Overall, I would say that the hotel would be considered a kid friendly, place to stay in the greater Lansing, MI area.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 September 2010

I've stayed here a number on business trips over the past 3-4 years. This hotel is what you expect from Hampton; consistently clean and comfortable with good reliable service. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. Rates are usually very reasonable. Rooms are good size, beds are comfortable and the decor is up to date. It's weakness is that found in most Hamptons, a very minimal workout room with obsolete equipment. The location has good access to major highways (not that it ever takes long to get anywhere in Lansing) and there is a decent variety of restaurants nearby along Saginaw Road.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hampton Inn Lansing. We had a room with a King bed. It was update with a nice flat screen tv. The bathroom had a large very nice mirror, not just glass. The light in the bathroom was very nice and updated. Bedding and bed are very comfortable. I never heard my neighbors and slept like a baby.

We missed breakfast due to the alarm clock was off by an hour, so I can't comment on that. Not a negative to the hotel, since I should have noticed anyways. We did go swimming and the pool was my favorite! It is very modern and new. There is a light that changes the colors of the pool from blue, purple and pink (same for hot tub). I loved swimming with the lights and the big windows with the moon looking down at us (it was dark out when we swam).

We ran to Dennys for breakfast and before heading home hit the bathroom by the lobby and the bathrooms were super nice, all granite and very fancy. You can tell its an older hotel that has been taken care of very well. There was shopping close by-we went to Lansing Mall down the street and Walmart.

Checkin was super fast and friendly. Overall one of the best stays I have had in a hotel!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2010

I can't say enough about this hotel at 525 North Canal Rd. where my husband and I stayed recently. The lobby is sooo inviting, Hollie at the front desk is a treasure and the hotel is so very clean and modern. We wanted a refrigerator for our room and she found one for us, because originally our room was not one of the rooms that offered a refrigerator. Here are some of the amenities that I thought were exceptional and the reason that we would go back there again in a heartbeat.
Here goes: All the lamps and lighting you could want and as many pillows too, the alarm clock had pictured labels indicating the different types of music or stations offered - as well as displaying your wakeup/alarm time on the front of the clock, there was a night light in the bathroom that went on automatically at dark, the window would open slightly if you wanted some air from outside, they have a timed ceiling heat lamp light in the bathroom for after your shower, the shower curtain had a clear 'see thru' strip at the top of the curtain to allow light in (have never seen that before in any of the many hotels that we have stayed in), and the TV remote had numbers that GLOWED in the dark !
Would highly recommed this hotel from any of the others in the area and the price was great. They have breakfast in the morning that goes an hour past the time most hotels offer, and checkout is at noon which is a great help for parents with children who have to get them ready for the day. This hotel stood out from the rest and you will not regret your decision.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Hotelmanagergr, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2010

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We know that you had many hotels to choose from and we thank you for your business. We hope to see you again soon
Duane Zuber- Hampton Inn Management

Reviewed 30 January 2010

So welcoming to find such a clean place to stay that is also very comfortable from the chairs all the way through the pillows. I am becoming a great fan of Hampton Inn because of experiences such as this.

Love it !!

Oh yes and The simple breakfast downstairs was great!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2009

Very nice hotel. Courteous staff and the rooms were comfortable and clean. Would recommend to travelers.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2008

I had a great stay at the Hampton Inn Lansing. The outside does the inside no justice. The rooms are new looking with new carpet, new beds, new flat screen tv's, and nice fluffy towels. Talking to the front desk staff they just redid all of the carpet, beds,and wallpaper in the hotel. Breakfast was great as their was a huge selection to choose from. The staff was fantastic. I would strongly recommend the Hampton Inn Lansing

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank DonJ45