“Excellenct stay”

Holiday Inn Express Lapeer
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lapeer
Reviewed 6 August 2013

When I arrived my room wasn't ready. It wasn't a big deal, I was told it'd be about ten minutes and I didn't mind waiting. The girl at the front desk seemed to make it a bigger deal than it actually was. I checked in at seven so I figured they must be busy if the cleaning staff was still there working on rooms. When I got to the room it was very clean and the cleaning staff was very ffriendly. The breakfast was also better than I expected.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank 1984_Las
Andrea1569mi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel! The dates you stayed with us were quite busy with a convention in town and we all appreciate your kindness regarding the wait for your room. I was so happy to read that your room was prepared well for you and our staff was friendly - I will be sure to share your comments with our Housekeeping Supervisor and the team.
Thank you so much for your business - we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!
810-245-7700
gm@hielapeer.com

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Most Holiday Inn Express hotels I've stayed in are newer, and this one was certainly in very good condition. The hotel was clean in the common areas and my room was also very clean. There were plenty of power outlets, the A/C worked great and wasn't too noisy, the bed linens were clean and well made up. The bathroom was also clean and the fixtures worked perfectly. I also enjoyed the free breakfast in the morning. If I am back in this area on business again, I will definitely be staying here.

Room Tip: the ice maker on my floor was rather noisy so you may want to check first, or ask for a room away fr...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ronald C
Andrea1569mi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Ronald C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reveiw our hotel. I was so happy to read your kind comments and gladly shared them with the whole team! It is truly our pleasure to serve our guest and we all look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest in the near future.

810-245-7700

Reviewed 31 July 2013

A business associate and I were in Lapeer for one night, staying at the Holiday Inn Express. Check in was a breeze, and the girl working the desk was awesome. Our room was huge and very clean. In the morning breakfast was much better than standard hotel fair.
There was a minor discrepancy on the bill, but the front desk staff took care of it immediately, and even gave me extra points for the non-existant inconvenience. Unbelievable customer service. I felt like the folks helping me actually owned the establishment, which was nice.
I will definitely stay here when I'm in the area again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Otowners
Andrea1569mi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Hello!
Thanks for the kind review! It was so nice to hear your comments on our service - it is truly the most important offering of our hotel. I have shared your review with the team along with my sincere thanks for taking such great care of you as our guest. It is our hope that your travels bring you back to the Lapeer area soon so that we can host you again!

Sincerely, Andrea St.Laurent General Manager

Reviewed 23 July 2013

This was an exceptionally clean room with very courteous staff, including cleaning staff. I expected more from the daily breakfast but was glad to have it available. Of note, I discovered they have cartons so you can eat in your room which I would have preferred. Jacuzzi tub in the room was only $10 more, I highly recommend it as you can adjust water temp and jet power to your liking. Hotel also has pool, fitness center, and jacuzzi on first floor. It's in a nice area with lots of shops, I really liked Lapeer itself and would recommend this hotel if you're staying anyplace in the area. The only downfall I found: cleaning staff uses the same elevators as guests. At times this becomes difficult-- trying to leave with luggage and squeezing in cleaning carts or going down to breakfast and having a cleaning cart squeeze you in. I don't know why they designed the hotel this way, it makes it cumbersome despite how polite the personnel are.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thanks for the great review!
It was our pleasure to have you as our guests and I am happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable, we look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Dear all,

I travel for businness all year long and I have stayed in numerous hotels. We had a great experience at this one. The hotel was extremely clean, and the staff, very helfull and friendly. I must especially say that Marissa and Nicky at the front desk were great! The overall value was very good, considering the $79 we have spent for the night and 2 queen size beds. The room was super comfortable, and the shower, with a strong stream. The manager of this hotel must be proud to operate a hotel in such a professionnal way, with an unforgettable touch of kindness.

Room Tip: There is a nice familly restaurant very close to the hotel, it is called Apple Tree. I recommand it...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank carolinebg13

Thanks for the great review!

Iam so happy to hear thay your stay was enoyable and that our staff, especially Nicki and Marissa, took such great care of you! I shared your review with them and thanked them for their great service!
Happy travels to you and please think of us on your next visit to the Lapeer/Flint area.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

We stayed 2 nights here and will stay again. The staff was helpful and excellent. The complimentary breakfast was great too. We are planning another trip soon we will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Terrie113
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Last August my daughter and I went on a trip to Birch Run from Ontario and booked a hotel via one of the booking sites online ~ the Holiday Inn Express at Lapeer.

It had been an expensive year so this was our big splurge!

I did not sleep the entire night as the ground floor room was situation adjacent to a loud pump of some sort - it was visible outside the window, a huge 4 x 4 foot metal contraption.

When I complained to management the next morning they were so "SURPRISED" at my revelation and offered to re-imburse points to compensate.

Imagine my own "SUPRISE" to realize that when I called the Priority Points office earlier this year there were no points credited.

We would have been far better ahead to continue our drive on to London, Ontario than to indulge in this treat!

After years of going with Holiday Inn Express we will go elsewhere ~ This has tainted our view of Holiday Inn Express from here on in!

Shame on you Lapeer!

As I said, shame on you!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank 2wanderbeyond
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

Dear Expectbetter71,

We noticed your review regarding the Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, MI. We are reaching out to you on behalf of InterContinental Hotels Group or IHG, representing the Holiday Inn brand.

We have documented your comments under reference number 37931796, and are investigating the situation. However, before we can continue, we need some additional information. Please send an email to IHGCare@ihg.com.

Please include:
- The name the reservation was under as well as confirmation number, if possible.
- The dates of your stay.
- What action has the hotel management taken to resolve your concerns?
- Your IHG Rewards number (If applicable)
- Your contact information including your name, phone number, email and mailing address.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to hearing
from you and being of further assistance.

Janice Angagka
eMedia Coordinator
IHGCare
Reference # 37931796

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapeer
Best Western Lapeer Inn
Days Inn Imlay City
Days Inn Imlay City
#1 of 4 in Imlay City
Best Western Davison Inn
Red Roof Inn & Suites - Lake Orion/Auburn Hills
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lapeer? Share your experiences!