“Good place to stay in town”

Holiday Inn Express Lapeer
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lapeer
Chicago, Illinois
“Good place to stay in town”
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We were visiting relatives, and this is a decent place to stay in town. We enjoyed the free breakfast. I thought there were plenty of hot options for a select service hotel. I'd stay here again.

The only downside was the room was freezing when we arrived. It took awhile to heat up.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Andrea1569mi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear CCOOK83,

Thank you for the complimentary review of our hotel. Im glad that we were able to meet your needs and enjoy our hot breakfast in the morning! I have spoken with our housekeeping supervisor and we will be keeping the heat on low for our arriving guests on these really cold nights from now on.

We all look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guests in the future!

810-245-7700

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

This gets 5 stars entirely because Trisha was so hospitable. She kept the pool open late for the boys. She fixed some mistaken reservations for a couple families. Etc etc. We all were very pleased. This hotel does not get 5 stars for the breakfast:)

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Jabrd,

We loved having your team stay with us!! Thank you so much for submitting this review our your recent stay with us. I have thanked Trisha for her excellent service and taking such great care of you and your team - she is a great part of our team and we are really lucky to have her! It was truly our pleasure to have you as our guests and we look forward to being able to have you stay with us again soon. * We have some new great items being added to our breakfast in 2014, that will offer more options and offerings too!

Thank you so much for your business!

Vassar, Michigan
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I felt as if I were staying in a five star hotel. I had a suite with a whirlpool. Everything was immaculate. Ithe suite was well decorated, neat, clean and also sanitary. Something I look for in the refriderator/freezor/temp., the windows/and bedhind for bugs or webs., etc.
Housekeeping was perfect.

Room Tip: I always enjoy a suite with a whirpool. It is a good price for all the essentials. I stayed on the s...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kim42780
Andrea1569mi, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Kim42780,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel! We greatly appreciate the feedback and are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. I have shared your review with and thanked your housekeeper, Heather, for doing such a fabulous job preparing your room for you! We hope that your travels bring you to the Lapeer area soon so that we me have you as our guest again!

Hospitably,
Meaford, Canada
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Decided to take my mom shopping over night in the States. Headed to Birch Run. Never been there before. I am directionally challenged. Somehow my GPS took us off the main route and before you know it I am heading down some dirt path. I turned around and headed towards the closest town which happened to be Lapeer. I stopped at the Holiday Inn and was greeted by 4 extremely friendly woman. The one person and I so apologize for not remembering your name map quested it, printed it and then reviewed it with me until I felt comfortable. Even though I did not stay at the hotel they treated me as a guest and I will be forever grateful. Thank you

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kym P
Andrea1569mi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Kym P,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your short time at our hotel :) I was so happy to see that our team took such great care of you while you were passing through our town. I have given my heartfelt thanks to the staff for being such great ambassadors for our city and our hotel. We all hope that you will have the opportunity to stay with us soon so that you may experience all our hotel has to offer.

Safe travels and thank you again,
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

No complaints. Everything was fine. Breakfast offered many choices. Munchies provided in the lobby in the evening. Located right off I-69. Fast food restaurants within walking distance. I was even given a Jacuzzi room at the regular price.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank frequenttraveler334
Andrea1569mi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear frequesttraveller334,

Please accept my sincere thanks for your complimentary review of our hotel. I appreciate your taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I look forward to our guests feedback and we will continue to strive to deliver all of our guest a stay such as yours. Please feel free to contact me at 810-245-7700 or gm@hielapeer.com if I may be of further service to you. We all hope that you will stay with us on your next visit to the area.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I rented two rooms for the time period of August 17-August 19 through Hotwire. I told the girl when I checked in that I rented through Hotwire and there did not seem to be a problem. Upon checking out, there was an extra 51.40 that had already been charged to my credit card. I was told that Hotwire had made a typo in how much they paid the hotel, so I had to pay the hotel the other 51.40 until I got things straightened out with Hotwire. I asked why I had not been informed of this problem before I had been charged, and they said that they assumed Hotwire had contacted me. Because of Holiday Inn's failure to tell me about the problem before they charged me, I have to wait for my credit card statement to come in about a month to try to get the situation rectified. If Holiday Inn would have informed me of the problem before I had checked out, I would have tried to contact Hotwire before I left. Now that they already charged me, I have to send proof to Hotwire to prove that they charged me extra since Hotwire says that I did not owe Holiday Inn any extra money. I tried to contact the manager to be told that she was in a meeting. I then called corporate who said that the hotel would contact me within 48 hours. Five days later now that still has not happened. As a result, I am posting this review on Trip Advisor to warn them against using this hotel because of their lack of trying to resolve customer issues and overcharging me. I will personally never stay at this hotel again, and I will hesitate before staying at any other Holiday Inn after this experience. Too bad, since we will be staying in hotels two more times in this year alone.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank OrgulloMexicano
Andrea1569mi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
Dear OrgulloMexicano,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. I was pleased to see the high scores on cleanliness and our rooms. However, I am sorry for the billing issues that you experienced. I have been in contact with hotels.com and am very sorry for the confusion as there seem to have been an error when they booked the reservation with the rate that was applied to the room ad we were under the impression that they had reached out to you to settle the refund.

It is never our intention to for our guests to have to address these issues on their own and I have issued a credit to you in the amount of the 51.40 so that there will be no further wait on your end.

Again, please accept my apologies for the error and the mis-communication. I would be happy to discuss further or provide any future assistance to you.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

When I arrived my room wasn't ready. It wasn't a big deal, I was told it'd be about ten minutes and I didn't mind waiting. The girl at the front desk seemed to make it a bigger deal than it actually was. I checked in at seven so I figured they must be busy if the cleaning staff was still there working on rooms. When I got to the room it was very clean and the cleaning staff was very ffriendly. The breakfast was also better than I expected.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank 1984_Las
Andrea1569mi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel! The dates you stayed with us were quite busy with a convention in town and we all appreciate your kindness regarding the wait for your room. I was so happy to read that your room was prepared well for you and our staff was friendly - I will be sure to share your comments with our Housekeeping Supervisor and the team.
Thank you so much for your business - we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!
gm@hielapeer.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapeer
BEST WESTERN Lapeer Inn
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
#1 of 4 in Grand Blanc

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lapeer? Share your experiences!