“Whirlpool Suite During Wedding Weekend Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Lapeer
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lapeer
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We rented a Whirlpool Suite for Thursday - Saturday, leaving Sunday morning. We were getting married on Saturday in the area. The didn't use most of the hotel amenities. We were too busy with pre-wedding activities. I rated the stay average because we continuously had issues with maid service yet the front desk staff and day manager were very apologetic and took good care of us and the issues.

The staff were more than happy to do what we asked. They put the top layer of our wedding cake in their freezer overnight and made a note to make sure we didn't forget it when we checked out to head off on our honeymoon. They listened without getting defensive of their staff when the maid issue was discussed and I feel they understood our position. We were compensated without having to ask or push the issue. Most people just want to be heard when something upsets their stay and I was no different. All I wanted to do after the wedding was to soak in the tub and finally get some sleep. I didn't want to deal with room issues but it happened and was handled. I was happy with the outcome.

The property is very clean and welcoming. There are refreshments for you upon check in. If you're a member they have welcome bags. The room was clean, smelled good, had plenty of pillows, and the bed was ok. It wasn't very soft but it wasn't old either. The WiFi didn't have a very good signal and I ended up tethering my devices to my phone for Internet capability. They did offer ethernet cabling if you prefer to sit at the desk.

The breakfast was above average. Great point to end on. They have something for everyone, from cereal to a pancake maker that drop them out off a conveyor belt; no need to measure out batter even because it's self contained.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrea1569mi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our hotel. I greatly appreciate the feedback and we will be using it to continuously improve our hotel. I am so glad to see that our staff was friendly and helpful, that is so important to us! I have also shared your review with our housekeeping and maintenance staff and we will be using to to make improvements on our property.
Again, thank you for the review and I hope you will think of us next time you are in the Lapeer-Flint area.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Conveniently located with lots of restaurants nearby. Friendly staff that really went above and beyond by providing snacks in the lobby and notes in your room, etc. Fitness center left much to be desired. Rooms were pretty old with a weird giant bath tub outside of the bathroom.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Allison C,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and for staying with us. We strive to provide our guests with an extraordinary experience and we are pleased to have the opportunity to do that for you during your visit with us. We truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you would consider us again on your next travel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Place was pleasant and clean. Was in town for a weekend of seminars and the staff served breakfast half-hour earlier for those of us attending. Great selection at breakfast. Had one small issue with tub not draining very well and staff gave me IHG points to make up for it (my stay was booked on points) I just wanted them to be aware but such good customer service in trying to make up for it. Big thumbs up to them.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our hotel. I am so glad to see that our staff was friendly and helpful, that is so important to us! I have shared your kind words along with my thanks for doing such a great job in taking care of you.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I spent a week here when I was in town for a conference. The hotel was very nice. It was clean and well maintained. It is located in a commercial area with many stores and restaurants in the area. If you are in the area, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Again, thank you for the review and I hope you will think of us next time you are in the Lapeer-Flint area, we would love to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The staff was so friendly here. Rooms were great and reasonable with coupons. $75 a night. Nice hot breakfast in the morning. There was popcorn and pretzels out in the lobby during the day & evening, or you could do to the dining area and get fruit. Nice pool, and hot tub. Next to a Burger King. Would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: pick up coupon booklets in rest areas, or gas station
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our hotel. I am so glad to see that our staff was friendly and helpful, that is so important to us! I have shared your kind words along with my thanks for doing such a great job in taking care of you we were all very happy to see that you were comfortable and felt right at home.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We usually enjoy staying at Holiday Inn Express and this was no exception.

Recently renovated.

Incredible staff throughout.

Great breakfast in the morning with hot selections, lots of pastries, fruit, toast, pancake maker, juices, coffee, tea ... and more! They are running a 'celebrate Europe' feature. When we stayed they were celebrating Paris and set out delicious chocolate éclairs on each table!

Quick check in even without a reservation.

Whirlpool in the room! Great when you're on a driving trip!

Comfie beds with the usual 'firm' and 'soft' pillows. Flat screen TV. Fridge and microwave.

And express checkout.

Can't ask for more!

This is now our place to stop half way to/from Chicago!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We are glad to be a part of your route to Chicago and so happy to see you enjoyed our celebrate Europe promotion- we are having a lot of fun with it!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Good: super nice staff, clean, newish remodel, decent breakfast
The Bad: far from the highway, not much insulation so outside noise and refrigerator noise and plumbing noise.

It's a nice place and the staff really goes above and beyond. The location is not great. The noise from other rooms was noticeable but not terrible.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RoadLessTraveller

I'm sorry to hear that you were disturbed by the noise and we will be looking into ways to curb that issue in the future.

810-245-7700

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapeer
Best Western Lapeer Inn
Burton Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Burton
4 mi away
Shamrock Farms Bed and Breakfast

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lapeer? Share your experiences!