“After being denied from EG Nicks”
Review of Blind Fish

Blind Fish
Ranked #3 of 66 Restaurants in Lapeer
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Close to the Holiday Inn Express in Lapeer, MI. Excellent food and reasonable prices.
Lapeer, Michigan
“After being denied from EG Nicks”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

We had a table of eight, and they got us in pretty quick. I love the bread here, and the potato soup. I don't like seafood, but they have a lot of options that aren't. I had a really good mushroom Swiss burger. My mom got steak, and shrimp. Everybody at our table enjoyed the food. The waitress did okay, but she wasn't good about refilling drinks. Other than that is was a good experience.

Detroit, Michigan
“Wanted to love it, but didn't even like it.”
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

We ate here the first week at their new location a few months ago and a long while back at the old location. Both times we shared the clam bucket. While we had no complaints, we left unimpressed.
Our most recent visit was the most disappointing. It is a beautiful restaurant, the hostess and wait staff were friendly. Our waitress was ok, few minor issues.
Our biggest complaint was that the food was awful. Most of our dinner and appetizer was covered in a lobster cream sauce. Two of our entrees in the menu didn't even state that in the description. The crab cakes were salty and the lobster tail was overcooked. My husband who usually leaves hungry couldn't eat half of his meal.
Usually, I only write reviews of locations that I feel are outstanding and worth sharing. Unfortunately I felt the need to spare someone else the same disappointment.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Busylilmom
Saint Clair, Michigan
“A little extra effort and this could be fabulous”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

This place centrally located in Lapeer is on the verge of being a destination. However, like the other Lucky's steakhouse companion establishments it just doesn't quite get there.
The menu is extensive and on first glance could be incredible, but a simple lack of proper seasoning and preparation prevents it from going to the next level. A couple of rude hostesses set the tone for the evening, which always bothers me. This visit I tried the clam bake for two. This dish is more fun than tasty, but you have to know that when ordering a bucket full of steamed seafood. As I said before a bit of seasoning and proper techniques could really put this place over the top..but as is, just your average attempt at upscale/casual dining.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank shine1se
Lapeer, Michigan, United States
“Average at best! not my favorite.. better options in Lapeer!”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Average at best! not my favorite.. better options in Lapeer! nice and fancy place just wish the food was better tasting.. crowded and noisy! will not be back for a while! I didn't like the old blind fish and was hoping this one was better....

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Robert R
MILLINGTON
“Bad Service”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We started with French Onion soup, it was okay but not the best I've had. When our meals came the server was there and gone so fast you couldn't even say anything to her. She came back once...to bring the check. So at that time i asked for a box to take my ribs home so I could heat them in the microwave and eat them hot since they were served warm on the very outside but cold inside. The loaded baked potatoe you could tell by looking at had been hot at one time then got cold because all the toppings were congealed together. It was not even hot enough to melt butter! I thought when she brought the box back she would ask why I didn't eat my meal but since she dropped the box as she was walking by I didn't get a chance to say anything, the box wasn't even big enough for all my food. At this point I didn't think it was worth the hassle so I left a very small tip (shouldn't of even left that) and just left. There was an older gentleman working as a server and I wish we would of had him he seemed very attentive to his tables - he even boxed up their food for them and put the boxes in a bag.

• Visited April 2013

Been to Blind Fish? Share your experiences!