“Not what I was expecting”

The Riverside Inn Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Leland
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Tampa, Florida
“Not what I was expecting”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

As we were staying at the Inn, we also dined at the restaurant. We ordered a meat and cheese platter to our room after our wine tour and I was pleasantly surprised it had duck (I do not eat red meat, but do eat poultry). This platter was absolutely delicious, so I was excited for dinner later that day. Dinner was a huge disappointment. The mussels were fishy smelly, tasted ok but not very appetizing with the strong smell; the truffle mac & cheese was so severely seasoned with black pepper I had to send it back (literally pepper seeds in my mouth). The panna cotta dessert was very good, but that was the highlight of my meal. My friend had the whitefish and she said it was average, not bad but not great either. I think there are better places in the area for a pricey special meal out.

• Visited September 2013
5 Thank Jennyclara5

Northwest Indiana
“A Gem in Leland”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My wife and I went to the Riverside Inn on the recommendation of the owners of the Korner Kottage B and B in Suttons Bay. They even made the reservation for us. The service, food,drinks and atmosphere are exceptional here. My wife had the lobster and scallops and I had the rack of lamb. Both dishes were very well prepared and tasty. We also had the beet salad and a fresh berry salad from local farms. If you are looking for a great meal with great service and great drinks then the Riverside Inn is the place to go in the Leelenau area!

• Visited July 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“a cut above”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The Riverside never fails to impress. Outside dining, there along the river, offers one of the loveliest views in Leelanau County. Service is very good; many of the staff return season after season (the restaurant closes in the winter), so the place operates more consistently than some others in the area. The food is always good. Usually, I wouldn't order shellfish at a place so far inland, but they do it beautifully. I can also recommend the tuna lettuce wraps, the beet & arugula salad, & the duck dish. All very well done. Try the cucumber martini, too: muddled cucumber creates a most refreshing cocktail.

• Visited August 2013
traverse city
“YUMMO!!!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We celebrated our 16th Anniversary at The Riverside. The service was excellent, and the food superb! I ordered the beet salad and lobster/scallop entree. Loved them both! My husband had the whitefish and really enjoyed it as well. It was a wonderful atmosphere and great place to celebrate a special occasion. We live in TC and will definitely put this on our "faves" list. Looking forward to going back!!

• Visited August 2013
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
“Service issues but pretty good food”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I've eaten at the Riverside a number of times and have had good experiences. The time though the service was a little off. Our fellow diners arrived early and had ordered drinks at the bar. The bartender had put soda in the Vodka Tonics so they had to send them back. The hostess said she would have them delivered to our table. They arrived about fifteen minutes later. At that point we hadn't seen our waiter yet. In the end their drinks arrived shortly before ours. The waiter was knowledgable about and helpful with the menu. Unfortunately, he brought out the main cousrses before one of our fellow diners had finished their appetizer and he cleared the appetizer without gving her the chance to protest/keep the plate. Later, two of us had ordered the filghts of sorbets/gelato. Wehen they came out they were melted (I think they were placed in hot dishes). Overall the food was good but for the money you don't expect those service issues.

• Visited July 2013