“A Very Enjoyable Stay”

Gorton House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Lewiston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My wife and I had a very nice stay. It is a beautiful property with a great view of the lake. Tom and Lois were wonderful hosts - friendly and service-oriented, while respecting our privacy. Lois made delicious breakfasts. The property has everything you would need. It is clean, full of interesting antiques and collectables for a lake cottage experience. Although this was our first bed and breakfast stay, we are experienced travelers, and Gorton's was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 May 2012

We happened to have the place to ourselves the 2 nights we stayed. Our room was fussy, dusty, full of anything (I do mean anything!) angel related. For a clean-freak person (like me) - a bit of a nightmare.
The main room w/the t.v. smelled bad - like cats or something, even though they didn't have animals and the room was so crowded you couldn't move around. The owners are older, and tired of running this place I think, it was getting a little beyond them to keep it up. The sunroom was nice and like I said we happened to have the place to ourselves so that was nice.
But... we would not go back and so I cannot reccommed this B & B.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ChaplainMaumma
Reviewed 3 February 2012

This was by far so much more than we expected from a bed and breakfast, its a 5 star property with everything you could possibly need. The house is spacious and most welcoming, guests have the full use of the house and facilities. Tom and Lois do a wonderful job and I couldnt recommend this place enough, its by far the best place we have stayed. The rooms are nicely decorated with different themes for each room, children are very welcome and are well catered for. Its a home from home.

Room Tip: If you have children ask for the childrens room its a paradise for children with toys and games
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LeeGalway
Reviewed 7 July 2008

This was a very nice two-day stay for me and my husband. The house sits right on the lake and provides beautiful scenery. We enjoyed paddleboating on the lake, as well as playing pool on the antique pool table. The breakfasts were delicious-Lois is an excellent cook! We loved the room-it was beautifully decorated and cozy. The owners were friendly and we enjoyed chatting with them in the mornings.

The only thing we did not care for is that some of the outdoor amenities were not prepared for visitors. I.e., the outdoor furniture had not been cleaned, the boathouse was full of spiderwebs, as well as the paddleboat. We also noticed that there was a hot tub, but it looked like it hadn't been used in years. When we brought to the owner's attention that the paddleboat needed to be cleaned, he took care of it right away.

Overall, we have a great time and look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rabbi0403

Been to Gorton House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!