Garland Lodge & Resort
US$77
US$72
US$132
US$115
Hampton Inn Gaylord(Gaylord)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$116
Quality Inn(Gaylord)
US$80
US$76
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat golfsouth winggolf tripgolf courses aregarland lodgedirector of salescell phone servicepro shopgreat coursesprime ribbar and grilllog cabingolf cottageswi figreat weekendbeverage cartfull kitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed at Garland Aug. 23-25, 2013. Compliments on the condition of the 3 courses we played: Monarch, Reflections and Swampfire. The courses were well manicured and maintained.

But . . we felt that the villas on site where we stayed needed to be updated. Several years ago we had stayed there, but now the showers and sinks are feeling the effects of time and are sadly rusting. The carpeting in #509 was worn and in need of replacement. Current technology doesn't work due to the absence of wi-fi and in fact was non-existent except in the lobby area of the main lodge. There were no newspapers to purchase either to keep current with the outside world.

The spa also needs repair, as only 3 jets were operational out of 10.

Our compliments to Loretta in Registrations, however, as she was most helpful in planning our mini-reunion for our family.

As an aside note, I sent these comments to Garland's Manager upon our return and never heard from him/her.

Room Tip: Stay in the lodge, it is newer than the villas.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Camille C
Brenda F, Hotel Director at Garland Lodge & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Reviewed 11 September 2013

What I saw was disappointing! What happened to all the smiling familiar faces? Many of the employees I got to know or recognize are gone, along with all the golfers who use to come enjoy the beautiful golf courses. I have never seen so few golfers at Garland in my ten years of coming here. I guess making the fountains course members only makes the resort more like any other resort, just three courses to play (a great advantage to take away from golfers). Or was it not having Jeff & Sue for entertainment? Oh, probably both. The question; is there really anybody managing this fine property or do we have to go elsewhere?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Joe C

With many seasonal resorts, such as Garland there can be different staff members from year to year, and each season we have wonderful smiling faces to greet and respond to our guests. As a benefit for our members Fountains golf course has been designated as a private members only course. Our groups and members have been notified of this. Our managing owner has put much into improvements within our resort since he acquired the resort. Some units have been recently updated, we receive many compliments on these units, and some of our units are slated for updates in the future. Perhaps when you refer to our Spa you actually mean something else, our Spa is in full working condition. The staff in the Garland Spa is happy to assist all guests in making an enjoyable experience. If you have further concerns please contact the Operations Director to discuss your concerns.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had a business meeting booked there. One problem we had there was we had booked three cabins together 2 out of 3 were together made the meeting difficult. The golf was very nice had an awesome time and the food was good on the turn. Cabins were very clean although the beds were like old spring beds not very comfortable.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian C
Brenda F, Hotel Director at Garland Lodge & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for the review Brian. Due to the fact that our Golf Cottages are privately owned and not all units are in the Garland rental program, Garland cannot always accommodate a request to have units next to each other.
Please contact the sales department for your 2014 stay and ask about renting a meeting space.
We look forward to seeing you in 2014.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Unfortunately I cannot recommend anyone book golf trips at this resort. In the fall of 2013 I booked a group of golfers (18) with lodging. For booking this group, I received a letter stating I was entitled to one nights free lodging with golf for two in the future.

When I attempted to use this "offer", it took about 10 phone calls and faxing the original letter to "see if they would honor this". Excuse me?!?!?!? This was something THEY offered ME.

After numerous phone calls and faxes, I was told they would be honoring the free nights lodging and was given a new offer code to use.

I've just made the reservation to use this. After apx. 5 minutes I received a phone call stating if I did not bring the original voided letter, they would not honor the complimentary night. I asked if they had a copy of the original letter they mailed to me and/or any of the 5 faxes of said letter sent back to them - by myself - at their request. I was informed indeed they had copies of the letter, but alas.....they wanted yet another copy, hand carried by myself at check-in.

I have a copy ready for them and know exactly where they should file it........

Room Tip: Book somewhere else!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank Jennifer T

It’s unfortunate that you did not ask to speak with a Director during your gift card verification process.

If you would like to speak with a Director about your concerns please call 989-786-2211 and ask to speak with the Operations Director.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I was locked out of my condo for 3 hours. They blamed me, despite the fact that their own engineer could not open the door! Rude people with 0 service, The next day I complained and the manager, Gordon, threatened to call the police against me! Do not go to Garland, they are the worst ever! Go to Boyne.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank Stephen D
Brenda F, Hotel Director at Garland Lodge & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Steve, when engineering arrived at your golf cottage they found the door was manually dead bolted from the inside. The engineer went back to the shop to retrieve the dead bolt over ride and attempted to contact the rest of your party in your cottage to see if there was an issue. Our attempts to address this issue with you when you came to the front desk only seemed to irritate you, the more we tried to discuss the issue the more agitated you became. In reviewing the surveillance tapes our Director of Operations, Gordon did not threaten to call the police, he only asked that you leave the property.