“Like having your own apartment!”

Towneplace Suites Detroit Livonia
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
Carmel, Indiana
“Like having your own apartment!”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Great place! My son and I were staying there for a hockey tournament and we were very comfortable. We booked on Hotwire and upon arrival we were told we were getting a studio, which has a queen bed and a sofa sleeper. My 16 year old is 6'1" and we didn't want to share a bed nor be on the sofa sleeper. Melissa was very accommodating and allowed us to stay in a two bedroom suite at no extra charge. As our team advanced in the tournament we booked another night via Hotwire and Christina was happy to let us use the 2 bedroom suite an additional two nights with no extra charge. The two bedroom suite is like having your own apartment! All rooms have a full kitchen, large bathroom, dining and living room area and the bedrooms are spacious. Very quiet and comfortable. Beds are firm and comfy and everything is very clean! Three flat screen tv's in the suite as well!

Room Tip: 3rd floor in main building on the end is quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 103triciaf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My wife, my dog, and I recently stayed at this hotel on Marriott Rewards points. For 8 days. This has to be the friendliest, most efficiently ran hotel I have been to in a long time. The people at the hotel even learned our dogs name by the end of the first day, they were giving her doggy treats, etc.

Very clean, rooms were BIG AND CLEAN, nice Kitchenette, easy parking, good location. I have NO excepts, no things I can think of to make it better. We even have rebooked for two more stays when we have to return to this area!

Room Tip: Rooms in building with pool are great!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Small bed. Would prefer a king when I stay for 10 days. Small television. Weird setup for a room. Had a couple issues with housekeeping not cleaning my room, and, no, I didn't have my DND sign up. Haven't heard back from the hotel regarding my issues. All I was told by the lady at the front desk was "ok, they will do it tomorrow". Not very good customer service at all.

However, one young lady did help in finding a nice place to eat in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank arejay37
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stayed for 10 days and had a suite with all the accommodations of being at home. The beds are extremely comfortable and fluffy pillows. I loved having a kitchen and being able to cook. The hotel was extremely clean and outside very well maintained. The hotel is also pet friendly and accommodating. There is a pet walking area in the back of the hotel. The staff is extremely friendly and eager to please. The hotel is very accessible being right next to the expressway. It is very close to all sorts of shopping stores and restaurants. There is also a Italian restaurant a 5 minute walk from the hotel. They also have a BBQ grill out back if you decide you want to BBQ one night. (You supply you owe food) They have a small out door pool but its the perfect size for dipping in and cooling off on a hot summer day. They have a small snack shop with a nice selection of quick snacks to eat as you relax in your room each night and watch tv. The parking lot is small but I had no problem finding a parking spot. I would defiantly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Polishedfingers
Northville, Michigan
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed here while my home was being built. Room was clean and comfortable and they offered a very competitive rate. Periodically they served meals in the evening (breakfast was served daily), which was a nice surprise and delight when I got home after a long day. The staff was polite and professional. The hotel is also located near the 275 corridor in Livonia with easy access to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Stanton
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I don't usually stay at extended stay properties. I chose this hotel because they were running a promotion for Marriott Rewards members. I was delighted to have been upgraded to the 2 bedroom suite, though it was just my wife and I traveling. The rooms are nice but we prefer a bigger bed. On our next visit, candy was left for us and a note from the general manager, very nice touch. Overall, we would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This facility is more than adequate in terms of location, comfort and cleanliness. Just a few caveats precluded it being a fantastic stay. No toilet tissue in room upon arrival and commode was non-functional due to a broken float. A quick call to the front desk brought the maintenance man within five minutes, whereupon it was immediately resolved. There are few utensils and pots and pans to prepare any meals, though we ate out the majority of the time so this wasn't a big deal. May be more can be provided from the staff upon request.

The breakfast in the mornings is tasty, although there was always a crockpot full of oatmeal and one of rice during our stay. The rice looked fine (didn't ever taste it), but the oatmeal looked raw, as if it had just been poured in with a little water sprinkled on top. I never saw anyone eating it. The "Corner Cup" coffee is good, and all sorts of fruit, bagels, cereals dispensed from huge containers, muffins, cream cheese, milk, teas, juices, etc., are provided.

The staff is extremely helpful and friendly, immediately responding to your needs. We never heard a peep from others the entire time we were there - five nights. Extremely quiet and peaceful.

Only real complaint we have was the discomfort of the sofa bed. It's dreadful. Would've been more comfortable to have just left it as is and slept on the couch with a sheet.

Room Tip: The building containing the office is the nicer part and the third floor is the quietest, on the sid...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family