“Great place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
Rockford, Michigan
“Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel - the rooms are spacious and they include kitchenettes. They are clean and comfortable. While it doesn't appear to be recently updated it is still fairly modern and in good shape.

The staff was very friendly and courteous. I would stay again just because of the employees. All of the staff greeted us with a smile and went out of their way to assist us.

The only two (minor) issues are lack of an indoor pool and small fitness room. The fitness room is the size of a closet and has one bike, one elliptical and one treadmill - no weights. The website lists a cardio/weight room but it has no strength equipment.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Haven't been back here in a while, but now that I'm on the road again, it was great to come back to such a welcoming hotel. Lots of great things to say. First of all, the hotel is easy to find, right of the intersection of I-275 and 6 mile. Although it's easy to get to, I might add that most days during rush hour, there's a lot of congestion, but it usually moves through rather quickly.

The TownePlace Suites is nestled between two other Marriott properties: a Residence Inn, and a Fairfield Inn. Both are nice hotels, but I just feel a little bit more "at home" here at the TownePlace. The lobby, hallway, and rooms are clean. The exercise facility is small, but if all you want to do is get a walk or run in on the treadmill, or take a spin on the stationary bike, it's just fine. I've never had a problem with noise. The beds are comfortable, and the workspace in the rooms are more than adequate. No trouble with the wireless Internet, which is a pet peeve of mine. I like booting up my computer, connecting to the 'Net, and getting to work without fussing around. No worries here.

Other great amenities surrounding the hotel include a terrific Italian restaurant within walking distance. Less than half mile away is a shopping mall containing a Barnes and Noble, Kroger (excellent grocery store with fresh fruits and vegetables) and office supply store, clothing stores, along with a few other excellent restaurants.

Bottom line is, if you're going to be in the area, give this hotel a look. I've been coming here for several years, and I've never been disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Great place! My son and I were staying there for a hockey tournament and we were very comfortable. We booked on Hotwire and upon arrival we were told we were getting a studio, which has a queen bed and a sofa sleeper. My 16 year old is 6'1" and we didn't want to share a bed nor be on the sofa sleeper. Melissa was very accommodating and allowed us to stay in a two bedroom suite at no extra charge. As our team advanced in the tournament we booked another night via Hotwire and Christina was happy to let us use the 2 bedroom suite an additional two nights with no extra charge. The two bedroom suite is like having your own apartment! All rooms have a full kitchen, large bathroom, dining and living room area and the bedrooms are spacious. Very quiet and comfortable. Beds are firm and comfy and everything is very clean! Three flat screen tv's in the suite as well!

Room Tip: 3rd floor in main building on the end is quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tricia F
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

My wife, my dog, and I recently stayed at this hotel on Marriott Rewards points. For 8 days. This has to be the friendliest, most efficiently ran hotel I have been to in a long time. The people at the hotel even learned our dogs name by the end of the first day, they were giving her doggy treats, etc.

Very clean, rooms were BIG AND CLEAN, nice Kitchenette, easy parking, good location. I have NO excepts, no things I can think of to make it better. We even have rebooked for two more stays when we have to return to this area!

Room Tip: Rooms in building with pool are great!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Kenosha, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

Small bed. Would prefer a king when I stay for 10 days. Small television. Weird setup for a room. Had a couple issues with housekeeping not cleaning my room, and, no, I didn't have my DND sign up. Haven't heard back from the hotel regarding my issues. All I was told by the lady at the front desk was "ok, they will do it tomorrow". Not very good customer service at all.

However, one young lady did help in finding a nice place to eat in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank arejay37
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stayed for 10 days and had a suite with all the accommodations of being at home. The beds are extremely comfortable and fluffy pillows. I loved having a kitchen and being able to cook. The hotel was extremely clean and outside very well maintained. The hotel is also pet friendly and accommodating. There is a pet walking area in the back of the hotel. The staff is extremely friendly and eager to please. The hotel is very accessible being right next to the expressway. It is very close to all sorts of shopping stores and restaurants. There is also a Italian restaurant a 5 minute walk from the hotel. They also have a BBQ grill out back if you decide you want to BBQ one night. (You supply you owe food) They have a small out door pool but its the perfect size for dipping in and cooling off on a hot summer day. They have a small snack shop with a nice selection of quick snacks to eat as you relax in your room each night and watch tv. The parking lot is small but I had no problem finding a parking spot. I would defiantly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Polishedfingers
Northville, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed here while my home was being built. Room was clean and comfortable and they offered a very competitive rate. Periodically they served meals in the evening (breakfast was served daily), which was a nice surprise and delight when I got home after a long day. The staff was polite and professional. The hotel is also located near the 275 corridor in Livonia with easy access to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo