“Movie times get Cancelled?!?!?!?!?!”

Phoenix Theatres Laurel Park
Ranked #1 of 9 Fun & Games in Livonia
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I've never liked Phoenix theater. They need a lot of updates but... My husband and I decided that we would go and save $1 on each ticket, the seats didn't matter that much. We ate dinner and had drinks in the mall. We were about an hour early for the next show we wanted to see. We bought tickets, tried to sit down early but the concierge told us that the previous movie wasn't out yet. We waited an hour in the hallway just outside the theater. We went back in for the concierge to tell us that our movie was cancelled. CANCELLED?!?! then he says "yeah the manager told me right after you guys came in the first time." Will not be going back!

All reviews
"laurel park"
in 7 reviews
"concession stand"
in 5 reviews
"great place to watch a movie"
in 3 reviews
"bells and whistles"
"comfy leather"
"nothing beats"

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Time to go to stadium seating. But if they dont they at least need to put in some new chairs. However, I do like they dont charge for seasoning on popcorn.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Film was supposed to begin at 3:10PM; by 3:20 we were still being treated to the television ads that theaters like to run before the show. No issue with starting the previews at the stated time but not 10 extra minutes of ads.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

This theater is small, located inside an office building off of a mall, but they have a good concession stand and great weekday/matinee prices. Very small theater spaces with some awkward seating but I would recommend this theater.

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Phoenix often plays art flix that you can't find in other theaters in Livonia. Staff is friendly and courteous. Seating is comfortable and the temperature inside the theatre is comfortable as well. I prefer the MJR theatre in Westland, so this is my second choice. The AMC is way over-priced for concessions. I recommend Phoenix.