“Childhood memories”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Jackson, Michigan
“Childhood memories”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Passed the restaurant awhile back with my son in tow on business. I had been working nearby on service for a few years but had forgotten about it totally. When we finished our business I suggested we have lunch there, & so we did.
I'd forgotten how much I had loved the burgers & fries that I had not had since the 60's. I now stop whenever close & typically grab some to go. I was choked up to sit at the same seat I had sat with my Grandfather at in 68. Man that was good!
When my three little grandkids are old enough to keep the memory of it I will bring them as well.
I hope they never leave or change.

• Visited March 2013

North Carolina
“Little burgers, big taste.”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

After years of driving past this place and hearing how good it is, I decided to stop by this small unassuming burger joint. Not being a huge meat eater, I decided to get the cheeseburger and large fries. Very delicious. I would definitely return when I'm in one of my meat eating moods. There is nothing fancy about the food but it's great for the price. Cash only.
The staff is friendly and helpful.

• Visited January 2014
Livonia, Michigan
“Best little burgers this side of anywhere”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

If you want a little burger, sometimes called a slider, then this is the place. What is bigger than a white castle but smaller than a regular burger? A BATESBURGER. Get it with everything which ketchup, mustard pickles and lots of grilled onions... the chili fries are the best around.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank TK2012114
Chicago, Illinois
“I liked it”
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Ok, I had very high hopes after reading the trip advisor reviews that this might be the greatest burger joint on earth. And while I can't say it was that, I can say that I will absolutely go back here if I get the chance. The double was so thin I thought they only have me a single--but it was delicious! And I tried to order cheese fries, but that was not allowed. Either plain fries or chili cheese fries...which were excellent, but I wish I could have had cheese fries. The environment is a classic, the staff was extremely nice. The chocolate shake was too much, I couldn't finish it. I am so glad I found this place thru trip
Advisor.

• Visited August 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Life doesn't get any better than this!”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Nothing like having a Bates hamburger to start your day off. I can not think of anything better to eat, than a Bates. The place is an icon and has stood the test of time. A classic place to remember when you were in high school driving a Mustang Mach1 and pulling into the parking lot at 2am after seeing a rock band at West Side 6 and ordering a sack of hamburgers with everything. Ah the smell of grease seeping through the white bag with french fries and a pop.
You just have to stop at Bates on your travels through Detroit. I even have a Bates t-shirt to wear to show my loyalty.

• Visited August 2013