“Surprisingly Good”

Ranked #20 of 266 Restaurants in Livonia
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A seductive wine and beer list, delectable appetizers, café sandwiches and burgers, and an eclectic selection of innovative entrées are waiting for you in this casual and appealing dining establishment. Casual, Fun and Delicious.
Durham, North Carolina
“Surprisingly Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Call me cynical, but I am a bit leery of hotel restaurants in general.

Sweet Lorraine's, however, came as a very pleasant surprise to this travel-weary fellow and his colleagues. The food was very good. They definitely have great staff in the kitchen. Our waitress, Onnalee, was the epitome of friendly, gracious and efficient service. Be sure to save room for dessert. Have the sticky toffee pudding if you want to melt into a puddle of contentedness. It is absolutely delicious!

• Visited June 2014

Livonia, Michigan, United States
“Yummmmm!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I am in love with the sweet potato fries with calypso ketchup. Everything on the menu that I've tried has been excellent. I do prefer the Southfield location over this one, but it will do due to proximity. Service is iffy, but the food keeps me coming back! Very unique menu and stuff you don't find everywhere. The atmosphere is very nice as well.

Visited October 2013
Livonia, Michigan
“Expensive prices, poor food quality.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband loves old fashioned oatmeal which they serve at their breakfast buffet. He drags me here occasionally against my will to have breakfast. I have tried the buffet and several items from the menu and have never had anything that was any good. The prices are really way too high, especially since the food is so bad. The service is hit or miss. The chairs are extremely uncomfortable.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank BridjetT
Livonia, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth it..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

The management was extremely rude when they failed on their part as a restaurant.. I was disappointed in how they handled something that was their mistake and after making me wait 20 minutes for a solution on the food was just as worse. I ordered a can Caesar wrap and it tasted like fish. Not work 15$.. Won't go back for a long time..

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Livoniacitizen55
Minnesota
“Good breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Had the cornflake French toast which was huge and was delicious. They had the brunch going on while I was there but I am not a fan of buffets. Service was good only complaint would be that I want to say my glass of orange juice cost almost $4. Seemed pretty steep for a small wine size glass of OJ. I talked to several people who recommended this place. Didn't get a chance to eat any other meals here. Wouldn't be my first choice if I came back.

• Visited March 2014