“Smokey”

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
Belding, Michigan
“Smokey”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

When we walked in the door to the lobby we were hit with a strong smokey smell. The only ones in there were two staff that were chatting and I believe the smell might have been them. We checked in quickly and as I am handicapped our room was closest to the lobby. It was late so we went straight to bed. Then the noise started, our neighbor above us I think might have been doing some exercise routine because all we could hear was walking back and forth for about an hour. Once that was done he started his shower and that sounded like a waterfall in our room. I actually had my husband check to see if there was something happening in our bathroom. Oh well he was done quickly then we thought we could get some sleep it was after midnight. Then the giggling started in the lobby. Which got my husband and I talking and he went out to get me a drink from the vending machine. When he came back in he said "It smells like home out there" my husband is from Amsterdam. It smelled like they were smoking more than just tobacco.......The staff giggling kept going through the night but we finally went to sleep. At 5am I was awoken by a weird sound that my sleepy brain thought sounded like a turkey. But after listening to it for awhile, it would start and stop for quite awhile and then start again, I believe it was a washing machine on the spin cycle and the belt was slipping or something. We were obviously next to the utility room. Which we found out when we were going to breakfast the next morning. At breakfast we observed a group of about 5 staff just hanging out in the lobby on the furniture chatting and having a great time, and still there was quite a strong smokey smell. When we went to check out they all sat there when we went to the desk and then one guy yelled for some girl and she came out of the back to check us out. It was very unprofessional. It was a weird stay and I cannot say I will ever stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Livonia, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. The hotel management and staff work diligently to exceed all of our guest's expectations and we apologize that we were unable to deliver 100% satisfaction. We can assure you that all of the issues mentioned have been completely resolved and we look forward to another chance to deliver the best overall hotel experience during your next stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Looking for a place just for the night, it was a nice surprise and very comfortable. Location very good for our needs and places we had to be around our Thanksgiving trip. Bedding was good, clean and comfortable and so was the shower.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Livonia, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your stay with us. The hotel staff and management strive to deliver the best overall hotel experience for each of our guest's and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next stay with us when your travels take you to the Livonia area.
SPRING GREEN
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This place is tucked behind an Olive Garden and IHOP-easy to miss. Otherwise convenient location to shopping and restaurants. Admittedly, I had fairly low expectations, but Comfort Inn usually offers a decent product.

Upon my arrival staff were exceedingly welcoming and friendly. My room was a bit nicer than expected. King sized bed, sitting chair with ottoman, desk, flatscreen tv, decent bathroom with second exterior sink and mirror.

Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was great. Lots of variety, from waffles to omelets and ham to multiple bagel and muffin varieties, cereal, yogurt and hard boiled eggs.

Sure there were some little details like bad coffee and tea, but it's what I'd expect. I'd have no qualms about staying here again if in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
The hotel management and staff take great pride in exceeding all of our guest's expectations and we are pleased that your stay was great. We will be certain to pass on your feedback to the management & staff and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Livonia area.
Rockford, Michigan
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I read a couple reviews after I had made reservation that made me a little nervous about hotel conditions.But was pleasantly surprised by how really nice this hotel is.Everything from hotel lobby to room was clean and smelled great(no stale smoke smell). Bed was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good. Will definitely be staying here again when we go to Detroit Tiger games. Only 25 minutes from Comerica Park and Ford Field.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Livonia, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for sending us your comments regarding your stay with us. The hotel management and staff strive to deliver the best overall experience for our guest's. The hotel's location is very convenient to take in a Tiger's game and enjoy all of the activities in the Detroit area. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Okay I didn't really stay at this hotel bc I live in novi witch is 10miles away so I was on a bike ride and my phone died so I went to the front desk of this hotel and also my dad owns two comfort inns one in atlanta and one in Augusta Georgia and it was really beatiful and I asked the most friendliest hotel clerk Delano to charge my phone and he was nice

• Stayed August 2013
Chris,
The staff and management are always looking for ways to assist each of our guests; and in your case a fellow Choice family member. We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us in the near future and we are certain that you will enjoy your stay.
Danville, Virginia
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stayed for 6 days here and the front desk and manger were very helpful, while the room service personnel were only fair. Every time we had a problem the front desk addressed it but we had things going on every day with room service, dirty sheets not changed, no towels being delivered to the room, trash not emptied. We plan to return only because of the manager and his attempt to take care of our concerns.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This hotel was a bit hard to find as we initially went to the other "easier-to-find" Comfort Inn in Livonia. The hotel sign out by the main road was not lit at night making it more of a challenge to find. I reported it to management but it was still unlit during our second day of stay. Also, the covering over the main hotel entrance did not have the lights turned on either. Our room key did not always work properly and had to exchange it once with front desk. On the positive side, the room was clean, well appointed with 2 queen size beds and 4 pillows per bed and a Jacuzzi tub. The beds were good and the WiFi worked without any problems. The breakfast was very good with a large variety of items including some fresh hot eggs and sausage. Overall we were pleased with our stay and would stay again. Would give 5 stars next time if they fix outdoor lighting issues.

Room Tip: Booked with Expedia for our best rate.