Holiday Inn Hotel and Conference Center Detroit - Livonia
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
Garden City, Michigan
“not pleased”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I am not very pleased with this hotel at all. Took my daughter and her friends so they could swim. Check in was at 4pm? Check-out was at 11am. They shut everything down at 10pm? Pool, "arcade" (4 games) the bar also closed at 10pm and they never even opened the bar in lobby. $6 for a bowl of cereal? The breakfast bar was a joke! $10 a person.... They hardly had any chairs in the pool area for parents to watch and limited on towels. The bartender at the bar (Tanya) was not very pleasent at all. Very bothered when I asked for a cocktail. The place wasnt even busy. There was mold growing on the glass mirror in our bathroom (gross) .The drinking fountains also did not work. We rent rooms a lot for the kids to swim and some of the adults like to hang at the bar in evening. Wont be coming back......

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Randall R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Conference Center Detroit - Livonia, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Jamie S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret that we did not live up to your expectations.

We have taken note of your valuable comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

Randall Richmond

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Huron, Ohio
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

This was my third time visiting this location for a regional trade show and each stay has been as consistent as the next. While the hotel common areas seem more improved than the hospitality or sleeping rooms, overall the place seems well maintained. The bar area area in the lobby, I believe called Six, was never open which seemed odd for a Friday night. The bed, TV and bath were all decent although both the supply and return air vents for the heating and cooling unit could use a cleaning.

The $10.00 breakfast buffet on Saturday was decent as well with a good assortment of fresh food including fruit. The service throughout the hotel earned this review its Very Good rating. Nice work!

This seems like it would be a fun place to bring your family to with the pool and hot area, billiards and common TV area, small game room and exercise rooms.

Pretty good overall.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Recently returned to this hotel for a business trip and while the service remained outstanding, I was a bit disappointed that the facilities themselves had not been improved, one of the sleep number beds in the room did not work and the plumbing remained an issue. The toilet in my room ran all night and soiled toilet paper floated up that was not from me.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Randall R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Conference Center Detroit - Livonia, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear PhilliesFan097,

Thank you again for staying with us and writing a review regarding your stay. It's great to know our staff continues to please our guests - we feel we have the best staff of any Livonia hotel! I apologize the plumbing did not work correctly in your room and I hope you were not inconvenienced. You will be happy to know (we are as well!!) that the new owners of this hotel are working to replace all the remaining sleep number beds and they hopefully will be in place by the end of this month.

Thanks again for being a repeat customer!

Management & Staff of the Holiday Inn Livonia
Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We went with friends to a Valentine Dance at the hotel. We stayed overnight. The check in was a breeze and the staff was friendly. The lobby is very nice. Our room had a balcony overlooking the pool which we thought was a very nice feature. The rooms was large but didn't reflect the lobby decor they were very old. I didn't know until after we had arrived that the hotel accepts pets. I have allergies and immediately began to have some minor reaction. I called the front desk they advised their rooms are sanitized after pets leave. Not sure if this was done or if I my reactions were the results of walking through the hallways. In addition, the hotel is a non smoking facility. Someone began smoking and it seemed to fill my room. I called the front desk again they sent someone up but unfortunately wasn't able to identify the source. The next morning we awaken early by the noise of kids playing in the pool. It was during winter break and there were families with lots of kids enjoying the pool. The ballroom for the dance was very nice. Check out was a breeze as well.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Randall R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Conference Center Detroit - Livonia, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear ID3272,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to our hotel. Your nice comments regarding the friendliness of our staff are greatly appreciated & I will be sure they are shared for all to see. I apologize that you had to deal with someone smoking in our hotel & the way it affected your allergies. We are a non-smoking hotel but there are people who like to bend the rules and I am sorry that you were inconvenienced.

Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The Front Desk Staff is super friendly and helpful, Thank You Grace. :) I had a room facing the outside of the hotel and was plesently suprised at the size of the room. It was a little dated but clean and there were a great variety of channels. Breakfast was great and served in the beautiful lobby.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Randall R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Conference Center Detroit - Livonia, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Erick S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your wonderful comments regarding the experience you had during your stay & Grace was pleasantly surprised when I shared your comments with her (and she gets $10 for having her name mentioned too!). We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I got this place on Priceline so I didnt know which hotel I would get. I read the reviews prior to check in. I was still optimistic, thinking the staff is great and my expectations would be reasonable especially since we paid $30 less than the usual rate.

For the most part, I would say the plan worked. We were not expecting anything super fancy. We were happy with the very nice staff. We went in the hot tub. We ate dinner at the Traveling Fork (boo!), which is conveniently attached. The room was clean.

It definitely was not up to Holiday Inn Standards. We often stay at Holiday Inn Express, which is not thought to be as nice as the regular Holiday Inn. This was not the case though. But if you dont pay full price, the place is sufficient. The breakfast buffet was slightly less than average crappy hotel breakfast buffet food. I usually dont care about the quality when its included but its not at this place. Its $10 for the full or $6 for continental.

THE DEAL BREAKER FOR ME was the very warm and humid room. We were room 106 facing the pool. It was January 2014 (so cold!) in Michigan. We slept with the air conditioner on Hi and the heat down as much as it would also (called "cold"). At 11:30pm, I called the front desk b/c I was burning up despite that I was trying to sleep without blankets and only had on shorts and a tshirt. They only offered to move our room....it sounded like this was just par for the course. My husband was sleeping so I declined.

I would not stay here again or recommend it. What is the point of a hotel if you cant sleep!

Room Tip: I would chose an outside room (not a room facing the atrium/pool). Its so humid and hot in the inte...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Trav3llov3r,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We value your feedback and while I appreciate your comments regarding the wonderful service you received from our staff I apologize the we did not meet your expectations. Our staff takes great pride in making sure our guests enjoy their time spent in our hotel but there are times when we have issues warming up or cooling down the guest rooms due to having an older hotel with a two pipe system that only allows us to do one or the other.

Again, thank you for your comments & I hope you will accept my sincere apology and give us another try next time you are in the area. Please feel free to contact me at 734-464-1300 and I will make sure we book you an outside room that has windows that crack open to help make your room more comfortable.

Randall Richmond

Travellers are raving about these Livonia hotels

Stuart, Florida, United States
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The property you can see was once really nice with the swimming pool in the center. The pool causes issues thouigh with noise and dampness in the rooms. The rooms are in need of a major overhaul as are the hallways. The staff was most accomodating and they said the overhaul was comming.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the pool if you want any piece and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank vinogoal
Randall R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Conference Center Detroit - Livonia, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Arlette,