Holiday Inn Hotel and Conference Center Detroit - Livonia
TownePlace Suites
US$128
Hampton.com
US$147
Comfort Inn Livonia(Livonia)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$98
US$95
US$132
US$126
Residence Inn Detroit Livonia(Livonia)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$138
US$147
US$137
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 June 2014

From the outside this hotel looks wonderful, then when you enter it becomes obvious that it is straight out of the seventies. A vast open space in the centre houses the indoor pool and spa which are nice but give off a constant odour of chlorine. This is not such a big deal but when entering the room my opinion changed again. The rooms surround the pool area and I felt the room was too cold. No problem, I switched off the air conditioning and went back after dinner to expect it to be a little more comfortable. The room was still cold and the covers on the bed felt slightly damp. I stayed three nights and the second and third nights were slightly better from the temperature point of view but the damp feeling was still there. So much so that when my bill was slid under the door at around 3am on the morning of departure, by the time I picked it up at 7am the paper felt soft and damp. Note that there are no outside windows in the rooms surrounding the poll area. The last night was not helped by a family playing on the pool tables until what seemed quite late. The rooms are not well insulated from noise to the extent that you could hear the massive fans in the central area, used to to try and clear the humidity and chlorine smells I would imagine.
I think I will be booking somewhere else for my next trip.
Let's hope they do some serious refurbishment in the near future.

Room Tip: I would think asking for a room on the outside of the building might help.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lowplainstu
Randall R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Conference Center Detroit - Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Lowplainstu,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret that we did not live up to your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Thanks again, Randall Richmond

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We visited last night after a trip to the nearby Dave and Busters. I first have to explain that the hotel was packed due to kids sports tournaments. I kept this is mind when getting irritated about the hotel, something's are out of their control. My three kids were excited about the pool and hot tub, only to be disappointed that kids 12 and under were not allowed in the hot tub. Security kept guard to insure that none of the youngsters entered. The pool was super cold.. And my kids are used to swimming in ponds! The pool was chaos! One little unsuspecting boy got his tooth knocked out by being near a rowdy volleyball game that took nearly the entire pool. We went to bed that night around 10 and there was non-stop screaming, laughing and shouting until 1am! I know the hotel can't control how loud their guests are and that's just the nature of kids. But the walls were so thin it was like they were partying in our room. I wouldn't stay at this hotel again..

Stayed: May 2014
Randall R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Conference Center Detroit - Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear bridgetteclement,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had our Schipperke Nationals here this past week & our accommodations were wonderful. Comfortable beds, large rooms, easy access to the show, grooming & meeting areas, large grassy areas for exercising were perfect. The staff was the best part of our experience, friendly, efficient, and professional. Kudos to our hosekeepers Rolanda, Velencia, Tammy and waiter Carl for keeping up with our needs. And most of all a big thanks to Director Tim East for making this a great success.

Room Tip: we preferred the outside rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Randall R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Conference Center Detroit - Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear glendahernandez,

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel! I will be sure to share your comments with the entire staff. It was a pleasure having your group here & all of us hope you decide to come back next year!

Thanks again!

Staff & Management
Holiday Inn Livonia

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I am not very pleased with this hotel at all. Took my daughter and her friends so they could swim. Check in was at 4pm? Check-out was at 11am. They shut everything down at 10pm? Pool, "arcade" (4 games) the bar also closed at 10pm and they never even opened the bar in lobby. $6 for a bowl of cereal? The breakfast bar was a joke! $10 a person.... They hardly had any chairs in the pool area for parents to watch and limited on towels. The bartender at the bar (Tanya) was not very pleasent at all. Very bothered when I asked for a cocktail. The place wasnt even busy. There was mold growing on the glass mirror in our bathroom (gross) .The drinking fountains also did not work. We rent rooms a lot for the kids to swim and some of the adults like to hang at the bar in evening. Wont be coming back......

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Randall R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Conference Center Detroit - Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Jamie S,

Randall Richmond

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

This was my third time visiting this location for a regional trade show and each stay has been as consistent as the next. While the hotel common areas seem more improved than the hospitality or sleeping rooms, overall the place seems well maintained. The bar area area in the lobby, I believe called Six, was never open which seemed odd for a Friday night. The bed, TV and bath were all decent although both the supply and return air vents for the heating and cooling unit could use a cleaning.

The $10.00 breakfast buffet on Saturday was decent as well with a good assortment of fresh food including fruit. The service throughout the hotel earned this review its Very Good rating. Nice work!

This seems like it would be a fun place to bring your family to with the pool and hot area, billiards and common TV area, small game room and exercise rooms.

Pretty good overall.