“Improving”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
Naperville, United States
“Improving”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

The staff was very friendly, courteous and helpful. The only downside is that the hotel is currently being renovated. Once the renovation is complete, it will be an excellent hotel. It is conveniently located near restaurants and shopping centers, and easily accessible to the highway.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Aiken, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Although the initial clerk recognized me as a rewards member and gave me an upgrade without asking, that's where the positive stopped. The ventilator fan would not stop and they never even acknowledged my request. Further, the night auditor went in to my bank account at 4:22 am and drained it dry. At first the clerk I talked to denied it since the auditor input it to my bank as Best Western Laurel Park ATM withdrawl and she said their ATM was broken and in for repair and tersely insisted it was my bank error. I have TD Bank which has 24/7 human service. I called them and they said although it was input with that title it was not an ATM transaction but something the hotel input directly using that explanation. I had the bank on the line and the hotel finally had to admit their clerk did it. I tried to file a police report but the hotel clerk talked the police out of it assuring them they would get it taken care of and they didn't want it to go against their employee. Their other employee reversed all the charges and then input debit charges again for the cost of the room. This doubled the problem since debit show up immediately and credits take four business days. Note: none of this was printed out on the hotel bill for my stay. I only found out about it because I monitor my bank account. The hotel is clean and safe but customer service is almost nonexistent. Another customer who was Asian checking out at the same time I did requested a feedback form because she requested a nonsmoking room and her room stank. She was told they did not have such a form and had no idea who she could talk to. I gave her BW Customer Service info and phone number. Be cautious if you stay here! I am back from my trip and it is still not resolved although BW customer Service is working on it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor have the sprinkler system pounding on your window at 5:40 am. Rooms with a...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Douglas N
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

I'll start off by saying I was having a very bad day. I got into a car accident on the interstate not too far away from the hotel. I called in to see if the Best Western had rooms available for a decent price. The reservations manager told me a few options that I could have chosen from. I told him I would be there in about 15 minutes for a chance to see the rooms myself.

The hotel was in a great location. (Right off of I-275) and it had many restaurants and the Laurel Park mall across the street not mentioning the AMC Livonia theater down the road.

Upon entrance the hotel looked pretty decent from the outdoors. Very well maintained landscaping, parking lot, ect. The lobby looked as if it was recently renovated and the front desk clerk, Previn was very helpful. He gave me a tour of two rooms. One of which had two queen beds, and the other with a king bed and huge hot tub. The pricing didn't range too much (only $20 more for the king suite) so I decided on the king. Previn was very professional and also asked about my well being. (I had just got into a car accident.)

The hallway was undergoing some renovations, but there wasn't anything to complain about. (There was no debris or anything).

The hotel room was quiet, offered me a microwave, refrigerator, and even my own miniature coffee machine! It also had a pretty big plasma screen TV with HBO available.

The bed was very comfortable, and I slept nice. The hotel room was very clean.

Before leaving the next morning, I enjoyed a nice stay at the pool outside. I also enjoyed a surprisingly amazing breakfast. It was a buffet free of charge and had almost anything you could ask for. It had a waffle maker, eggs, sausages, muffins, rolls, bagels, cereal and some other things.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone in the area. The staff is friendly and caring, the hotel is clean and well maintained and offered much more than what you pay for! A+ in every category.

Room Tip: You have to try the King Bed and Hot Tub Suite if you go here!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Florida City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

This was a great stay, when I first walked in the front desk gentlemen Pierre was very nice and helpful, The room was very nice and breakfeast was delicious, Also the houskeeping's cleaning was fantastic not a spot of dirtyness on the floor, I really enjoyed my stay and would stay here again 100 percent.

This hotel is a highly recommended hotel on my part it was the best.

Room Tip: High floors but overall the hotel was fantastic
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Miami, Florida, Usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Thank you very much for your interest in getting to know my opinion about my stay at the Best Western Livonia, Detroit for almost 15 days. I had good experience ... is located in a nice area of town ... and the Hotel I found 'what you need' during my stay. I realized that the hotel was in remodeling .. and though that I could get a rate represent economic ... much bother keeping around neglected during remodeling works. No matter remodeling works ... I think the trash ... disposable cups ... etc around the pool ... can be collected. At no time grooming works can be suspended in the green areas ... outdoor furniture should be kept in order. This is not going to cause any additional cost to the hotel ... but customers will always have a picture pleasant to look at any time of your stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family