“Not bad, would stay again. ”

Quality Inn & Suites Banquet Center
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
Hudson, NC
“Not bad, would stay again. ”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I had a horrible expectation based upon the reviews, but it was one of the few hotels in the area that had ample room to park my 18 wheeler.

The staff was friendly, the room overall was clean. The motel may be in need of some renovation to make it look a little more modern, but overall it was fairly nice. There was a slight stale cigarette odor, but not any worse than almost any motel I have ever stayed in, as someone who is extremely bothered by the smell of cigarette smoke it really was not an issue. The restaurant attached to the motel was decent as well.

I would plan to stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Berea, Ohio
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I actually chose this hotel again over others in the area because the service is great, the hotel is quiet and very clean. I can check in, get my work done in quiet and know that I can get the sleep I need for a busy day of hearings the next morning. The property is old and many of the fixtures and furniture are older in the rooms. However, both times I have stayed my rooms have been super clean and fresh, quiet, good wifi signal, lots of towels and pillows. The front desk people have always been very pleasant and professional. There is a little convenience store with some food items, medicine, toiletries, etc. For such a great rate I would rather stay here than pay 20-50 more for other Livonia Hotels with little more to offer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Branwen73
Parma, Ohio
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

The front desk staff person was very congenial even for the lateness of my arrival. At the various times I passed the front desk all personnel were extremely helpful. The accommodations were very comfortable.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This property is a little bit off the beaten path for Livonia and not in the immediate area, but only 15 minute drive to Victor Pkway/Haggerty Rd. I travel to this area often and this hotel stay was pleasant. The property is old and the room fixtures are outdated but it was clean, smelled fresh, and the front desk service both am and pm was great. Decent Tv channel selection, good wifi signal, soft clean linens. The hotel was undergoing some repair work when I arrived and the work was being done professionally and the workers were quiet and respectful. I am in the area 4-5 times per month and wanted to upgrade from red roof and the outdoor entry situation. This was a good choice for $15 more for the night.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank April R
QualityInnLivonia, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Banquet Center, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
We are writing to thank you for taking the time writing to us. We want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our valuable guests are always taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, and how we can improve on other sides. We totally agree with you, our property is old, that is a fact that we cannot and we are not trying to hide, but we definitely do our best to keep the property well maintained and exceptionally clean as much as possible, at the same time we are constantly performing renovations and improvements.

We wish that you would give us the opportunity one more time to be in your service in the future.

Thanks again for your time and we wish you all the best in future travelling...
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I've stayed here a few times when I've been short on cash. Nothing really too impressive. Interior needs updating badly. The only things new are the microwave and fridge. I've had problems with ants when staying in a room that has a sliding door to the parking lot. I'm pregnant and had a terrible time trying to sleep because the mattress has no give at all. It's like sleeping on the floor. The staff is pleasant however. And the rooms have always been clean. So if you just need a place to stay for the night, it's fine. Other than that, keep looking.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank RachyReny
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Was looking for a cheaper hotel to stay at for the night before continuing on with our lengthy drive home. The pictures provided on TripAdvisor are way better than what we saw! I wish I would have taken pictures to show the dirty hotel we stayed at. I commented, as we checked in, on the "fantasy suites" they have available (in a joking manner bc it seemed super cheesy) and the reception lady said she would advise against them because they are the most popular rooms in the hotel, especially from guys who live 10 minutes away and staying with someone that isn't their wife. As we got to our room, the room was dirty and used, so we got another room. Our second room was gross!! I felt I needed to shower before bed and when I woke up to get the filth off. They had nice mini fridges and microwaves in the rooms, but old school tube TVs. Both showers I took were nuke warm at best and kept hearing noises that someone was trying to get into our room. As we entered the hotel there was trash overflowing and piled up next to the trash can, which was still there when we checked out the next morning. The room and hallways smelled of stale cigarettes and trash. The $70 we paid for a king room was overpriced. I would pay no more than $40 for this place!!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank balanced559

Travellers are raving about these Livonia hotels

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Everything was good except the attitude of receptionist & the lady managing breakfast. We had booked two rooms but were given non-connected rooms right opposite each other. And then, we found that the lock between our room & the one connected to ours was broken. We reached a li'l late, so requested the receptionist to allocate us connected rooms but were refused on pretext of that the hotel was booked. No efforts were made to fix the lock. The room was clean & bed was comfortable.
The lady managing breakfast was not willing to fill-in empty trays for scrambled eggs & milk after 9am though breakfast time is till 9:30am. Was quite rude when reminded of replacing finished stuff like butter/jelly. Yogurt was expired.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sapna J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livonia
Comfort Inn Livonia
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#1 of 5 in Plymouth
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Livonia/Novi

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Banquet Center? Share your experiences!