“Not a 1 start but not a 3 star hahah”

Quality Inn & Suites Banquet Center
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
London, Canada
“Not a 1 start but not a 3 star hahah”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were on our way to Michigan Stadium and needed a place to stay for the night before the game. This hotel is about 30 minutes from Ann Arbor.

Service:

First off we were greeted as we got to the parking lot by a person that was sleeping in their car. We were kind of creeped out by this and didn't want to wake the person so we drove to another space.

The lady at the reception was very kind and informative. We needed 2 rooms and got 2 beside each other. When we woke up in the morning around 10am, the same lady was still there. Not sure what kind of hours those employees are working.

Rooms:

We got 2 non-smoking rooms and they reaked of cigarette smoke. If you have quit smoking you will easily smell it. The other thing I noticed was the air conditioning. I set it on high and the next day felt like winter. The hotel should spend some money to add better quality AC. The final flaw was the shower. If you are 5 feet tall this is a great shower. If you are 6 feet tall, you wont like it.

The TV was brand new, beds were great after a long day of driving and the room was quite large.

Location:

We noticed about 15 liquor stores on the street the hotel is on so if you love alcohol, this is the street for you. We don't drink that much so we were wondering why there were so many. In terms of getting to the Stadium in Ann Arbor we thought this was a breeze. Not a bad place to stay the night.

Value:

We got a good deal through my girlfriends university. Value was great.

Breakfast:

We had a continental breakfast which was on par with others. If you like watered down eggs and burnt sausage, you will love it. We stuck to yogurt and bagels.

Overall this hotel was not a great experience and its probably because I travel a ton. If you love booze, the smell of cigarettes and the odd person sleeping next to your car, YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!

Room Tip: ask to check the room before you go in if you are a non-smoker.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The only reason I am giving this hotel one star is because the lady at the front desk was so kind. When I entered the room there was a horrible dank, musty dirty smell. When I tried to check the bed for bedbugs neither of the bedside lamps worked. The hydralic closing mechanism on the door was dripping oil, the windows had fly specks and a greasy, smeary film. I called the front desk and my room was changed. The second room had the same smell and the windows were even dirtier.
I was in the area on business. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: don't go here.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Livonia hotels

FLORIDA
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Against my wifes approval I booked this place on line for 3 nights'. She thought that the pricce was way too cheap and the reviews were not good. The reviews were wrong but my wif was correct, as always.....the price was too cheap! Overall it was a wonderful stay. A few areas could use tidying up but the rooms, beds' television, were all just fine! Fyi, I was in room 236 which had just been recarpeted. Each saff member was found to be very nice and courteous, and cootoes to Rob & ms. Sona...good job! Next visit to that area I certainly will be back!

• Stayed July 2014
Hudson, NC
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I had a horrible expectation based upon the reviews, but it was one of the few hotels in the area that had ample room to park my 18 wheeler.

The staff was friendly, the room overall was clean. The motel may be in need of some renovation to make it look a little more modern, but overall it was fairly nice. There was a slight stale cigarette odor, but not any worse than almost any motel I have ever stayed in, as someone who is extremely bothered by the smell of cigarette smoke it really was not an issue. The restaurant attached to the motel was decent as well.

I would plan to stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Berea, Ohio
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I actually chose this hotel again over others in the area because the service is great, the hotel is quiet and very clean. I can check in, get my work done in quiet and know that I can get the sleep I need for a busy day of hearings the next morning. The property is old and many of the fixtures and furniture are older in the rooms. However, both times I have stayed my rooms have been super clean and fresh, quiet, good wifi signal, lots of towels and pillows. The front desk people have always been very pleasant and professional. There is a little convenience store with some food items, medicine, toiletries, etc. For such a great rate I would rather stay here than pay 20-50 more for other Livonia Hotels with little more to offer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Parma, Ohio
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

The front desk staff person was very congenial even for the lateness of my arrival. At the various times I passed the front desk all personnel were extremely helpful. The accommodations were very comfortable.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This property is a little bit off the beaten path for Livonia and not in the immediate area, but only 15 minute drive to Victor Pkway/Haggerty Rd. I travel to this area often and this hotel stay was pleasant. The property is old and the room fixtures are outdated but it was clean, smelled fresh, and the front desk service both am and pm was great. Decent Tv channel selection, good wifi signal, soft clean linens. The hotel was undergoing some repair work when I arrived and the work was being done professionally and the workers were quiet and respectful. I am in the area 4-5 times per month and wanted to upgrade from red roof and the outdoor entry situation. This was a good choice for $15 more for the night.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
QualityInnLivonia, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Banquet Center, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
We are writing to thank you for taking the time writing to us. We want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our valuable guests are always taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, and how we can improve on other sides. We totally agree with you, our property is old, that is a fact that we cannot and we are not trying to hide, but we definitely do our best to keep the property well maintained and exceptionally clean as much as possible, at the same time we are constantly performing renovations and improvements.

We wish that you would give us the opportunity one more time to be in your service in the future.

Thanks again for your time and we wish you all the best in future travelling...