“You will not feel away from home!!”

Residence Inn Detroit Livonia
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
San Antonio, Texas
“You will not feel away from home!!”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We are a global company and had the need to dispatch a group of employees for several weeks within the area. As we contacted the hotel to inquiry for information and special rates, they immediately funneled our request through their sales representative. Throughout the process she was extremely helpful in taking care of all our needs. She managed real well to keep up with all the continuous schedule changes (the booking, the billing..etc) in a way that she was already part of our project distribution list. The hotel itself gives you the feel of being at home with a hot breakfast and light dinner meal all for free. But it’s really the hotel staff (from the front desk to the maid’s crew) that made the difference for us. They really made our time there the most enjoyable. I’m very pleased with all their support and feel this is the least we can do to recognize their efforts. Great Job!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Matt B, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Livonia, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you Victor F for sharing your experience with Tripadvisor and its users. The Residence Inn motto is to feel like your home away from home and I am so glad you felt that way. Much like yourself many of our guests stay for weeks at a time and getting to know the staff as well as other travelers is all a part of the Residence Inn experience. Sarah put a great deal of work into making this as smooth of a process for you and your project team and I am glad that is showed.

Thank you again for your kind words and we will keep on trying to make our guests feel like they they are at their home away from home.

Matt Bennett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Great location, near I-275 and 6 mile. My wife and I traveled to Livonia for a family reunion, and stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. Our daughter and granddaughter also flew to Livonia and stayed at the hotel, in a room close to ours. We had our dog and cat with us. The suite was perfect for us. It was very clean, modern, and quiet. The hotel staff placed us close to an elevator on the second floor, so we could easily take our dog for a walk. The hotel has a designated pet walk area, which was much appreciated. The breakfasts were tasty, with the option of scrambled eggs, waffles (add blueberries to the batter!), pastries & bagels, oatmeal, cereal, and yogurt. Side dishes of breakfast potatoes and Canadian bacon made for a full course. The breakfast area was very clean, with a separate lounge area for watching TV. The grounds were well maintained, and we felt our car was always safe and secure in the parking lot. The hotel staff were friendly and responsive, from making the reservation, to our checkout. The manager was excellent! I will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you John J for such a glowing review of our hotel. We make it a goal of ours to try to meet all of our guests requests expecially when it comes to keeping family close together when traveling. You summed up what we are all about perfectly. Friendly staff, safe area and a clean hotel. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers and we hope to see you the next time your travels should bring you to the Livonia area.

Northville
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My husband and I run an all-volunteer NAMI affiliate in the area. In May, 2013 we held a two-day training session for some of our volunteers. We can't thank the staff at the Residence Inn - Livonia enough. Sarah was extremely helpful in helping me pull all the accommodations together for the training and the individuals spending the night. The conference room was ideal for a training session.

The entire facility is very clean and easily accessible from I-275. Also, having access to a kitchen helped us with food/beverage storage for the training. The weather that weekend was great so we were able to enjoy the pool area, which was lovely. All in all, we at NAMI Metro would like to thank all the staff for helping us make this training an enjoyable event.
M.E. Judd

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Thank you Mary Ellen J for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We greatly appreciate your feedback and are delighted that Sarah was able to make your experience such a positive one.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you the next time you or anyone from NAMI have any lodging or meeting needs.

Northville, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Our home was destroyed by water damage from a fire, and we were moved here to stay during repairs. Everyone was so friendly from the beginning, and the room was spotless. Check in was an easy pleasant process. Any problems we had (burned out light bulbs) were taken care of promptly. The cleaning staff, and the kitchen staff were all friendly and pleasant. The breakfast daily and the dinners four days a week were an excellent bonus. I would definitely recommend this hotel for short or long term visits. It's a great home away from home. I hated to leave!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Matt B, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Livonia, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you Kay for taking the time to let other travelers as well as potential guests know about your stay. As an extended stay hotel, we see many guests in a similar unfortunate situation where their homes have been damaged and use us as a temporary residence while their home is being repaired. Having full kitchens, daily housekeeping, as well as a full complimentary hot breakfast buffet, and evening meals Monday through Thursday make the Residence Inn the ideal atmosphere for extended stay guests. Most importantly during a longer stay you get to know the staff as much as we get to know you which helps make the time away from your home a bit more enjoyable. We too are sad to see you leave but are very happy that your time here made a tough situation a little better.

Thank you again for your kind words and I hope that you choose Residence Inn's for any future travels you might have.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Back on the dusty trail after a week of vacation, I had a 5 nighter here with no problems. One of the advantages of a R.I. is the kitchen with a microwave, fridge w/ ice maker coffee maker (they supply the coffee) cook top.Also available was a dishwasher. I would suggest to the hotel that a small trial-sized bottle of dish soap be supplied with the room. For one person, using the microwave and frozen entrees, the use of a dishwasher machine for just a few dishes a day is really a waste of energy. Sadly, there was no toaster. I like bagels and toasting them for breakfast was something I was looking forward to. With a separate bedroom the room provides for a TV here as well as in the living room. Overall, a quiet stay with no problems.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tech-trekker
Matt B, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Livonia, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear Tech-Trekker,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Residence Inn Livonia. As a frequent traveler that has written almost 100 tripadvisor reviews and 69 of them being for hotels we are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

The kitchens are a wonderful amenity for many of our travelers expecially when they are away from their homes for long periods of time. I do apologize that there was no toaster in your room I know that that is an amenity that our travelers look forward to and there should have been one .

I wanted to respond to your comment regarding the trial-sized dish soap in the kitchen areas. In the past we did provide liquid dish soap for our guests to use, but after a few too many people put it in the dishwashers causing foam to flood the room. Now we keep it stocked at the front desk to prevent such occurances but keep it avaliable for our guests should they request it.

Thank you again for your feedback and we will look back into putting the dish soap back into the rooms.

We hope to see you the next time that your travels bring you to the Livonia area.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

This hotel is centrally located near major highways. There are plenty of shopping nearby, mostly big box stores and strip mall setting.

The hotel itself is quite well managed it seems. I have read previously on here that staffs are friendly, and that is in fact the highlight.

All residence inn offer hot breakfast with many choices. I have personally stayed at many residence inns, the breakfast here is probably average among the brand. I think if there were some variations instead of the same thing day to day then it would be much better.

The hotel has an outdoor pool which is seasonal, so if you are staying during colder months, don't expect the pool to be open. Gym was nice, has all the things one needs. Although I think the sanitizing wipes should be replaced frequently since both times I used the gym, there was none left. I also think the gym should have tissue as well.

The room was okay. Definitely not the most up to date decor. I did feel like having a 90s flashback. There are some pictures here showing areas that are not clean, from my personal experience I think that's just because it is relatively old. Also, I think if lower brand Marriott such as towneplace suites are equipped with king size bed. It is only natural residence inn should have that as well. None the less, the room was very clean.

Overall, it was a good stay. I truly think this hotel has all the variables to be an excellent hotel, except the building facility itself. Perhaps a facelift is due, then it can be the best as it should.

• Stayed May 2013
Matt B, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Livonia, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We appreciate all feedback from our guests and I am particularly pleased whenever we get a review that comments on how great the staff is. Our property is a bit dated fortunatly we are scheduled for a complete rooms renovation in 2014!

Thank you again for your kind words and feedback. We hope to see you the next time you are in the Livonia area!

Lakeland, FL
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I must agree with all the other reviews--the staff is the difference. They are just terrific. I had begun to think customer service did not exist any more, but this place has the magic touch. The only problem was the person on the kitchen on Sunday morning--not bad, just not warm and friendly like the rest and they sure have a problem OVER cooking the sausage. But hey, the rest of the stay was just first class all the way.

Room Tip: There is room for a king bed in the handicap room and they should have one--handicap need more room...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank rosestar
We are so pleased you had a pleasant stay. We appreciate any time a guest goes out of their way to let other travelers know when they had a positive experience. We have addresses the issue of overcooking the sausage and will work to not cook them as long so that we can improve our breakfast. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you back the next time you are in the Livonia area!