“2 month stay”

Residence Inn Detroit Livonia
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
“2 month stay”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Even through the renovations that's going on normal living wasn't interrupted.The crew worked clean and stopped working mid afternoon so noise wasn't a issue. The hotel serves dinner mon-thurs and breakfast daily. The housekeeping staff is GREAT! The manager Aretha was very helpful with my family. Cora, Dominique and the rest of her team always made away to accommodate us because of our dog. They are thorough and cleanliness is shown. Jeannette at the desk very helpful and always cheerful. I would stay here again no doubt about it. The only knock is you can't make a left hand turn onto 6 mile off Fox Rd but that's the City of Livonia

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank 4-1Tim
Matt B, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Livonia, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you 4-1Tim for your glowing Trip Advisor review! I am so proud that my staff made such an impact on your stay that you remembered them by name. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and our goal is for you to leave feeling like you were a part of our Residence Inn Family. As our renovations are winding down I am glad to hear that the impact on you was minimal and hopefully you were able to stay in one of our newly renovated suites.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to continuing to provide you with exceptional customer service.

Matt Bennett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I just came back from a two day stay at this RI. The staff was probably the nicest staff I have ever encountered at any hotel...EVER! They went out of their way to be polite and made me feel welcome.

While the room was nice (they put me in a two bedroom suite) the bedding wasn't as good as I have experienced at other hotels or RIs. The mattress wasn't that comfortable and after two nights, my back let me know it. The pillows were also not that comfortable.

Another point of contention I had was the lack of kitchen pans and skillets. One of the main points of staying at a RI is there is a kitchen to cook your food. You can't do that if there are no skillets or pans to use in the oven. I had to go and buy some aluminum foil to make an improvised baking pan to cook both turkey bacon and cod fish. And when I did, the ventilation in the room was so poor that it resulted in the smoke alarm going off. I had to open windows to let the room get fresh air and climb on a chair and press the kill button.

So would I go back? Well probably. If I was in the area again and needed a room I might. There are two other Marriott hotels on the same grounds that I might try first.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are probably the same so any room would be as good as the other.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank daf62757
Matt B, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Livonia, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Good afternoon daf62757 and thank you for taking the time to share your stay at the Residence Inn Livonia on Trip Advisor! I am please to hear that overall your stay went well and that the staff was exceptional! I am so sorry to hear that your room did not have pots or pans. Normally in the two bedroom suites the pots and pans are located in the drawer under the oven but sometimes the are taken and not replaced. In the future should your room be missing anything or your need additional cooking utensils please do not hesitate to contact the front desk and we will make sure we get you taken care of.

Kearny, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 January 2014

It was a wonderful and very pleasant surprise to find my car completely cleaned off from the recent snowfall! In speaking with a person I saw cleaning off another car, I found out it was one of the hotel staff. As I thanked him a hundred times over, in further conversation found out that this was common practice they did for all guests. They even had a box of snow brushes and scrapers in the main lobby area for anyone who needed them. In all of my years of travelling, this is the very fist time I have ever encountered this, and I have stayed at some of the very best hotels across the U.S.

The entire staff from front desk to housekeeping had the same level of customer service along with the most pleasant attitudes to go with it.

Great customer service, kudos to the management and entire staff!

This hotel is my #1 choice next time I'm in the Detroit/Livonia area.

Room Tip: If you're staying 10 or more days, ask for special rates for extended stay.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank LauraNJ41
Matt B, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Livonia, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience while staying at the Residence Inn Livonia on Trip Advisor. I'm very proud of my staff for making your stay an exceptional one and that they left a positive impression on you. I am actually the person that cleaned off the cars after the snow. Though this is a service that I try to provide as often as possible it is not something that we are always able to do. With the amount of snow that we have seen this year I have been fortunate to have been able to try to make our guests mornings a bit better by waking up to a cleaned off car. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you back the next time you are in the area.

Saugatuck MI
Reviewed 13 November 2013

It was conveniently located. The room was exactly as expected. I had asked for a room that hadn't had a pet recently and I was told they looked back in the records to make sure that's what I got. I didn't have an allergic reaction. The microwave didn't work and they fixed it immediately. Would have like some pots and pans. Only thing negative was the long hair on the kitchen counter.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor. I'm pleased to hear that your stay went well, I only wish we had caught the hair on the counter and double checked the microwave so that you didn't have to wait for it to be repaired. Thank you again for your kind feedback and we hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to the Livonia area.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Plenty of room for all six of us. The breakfast was hot, plentiful and the ladies that worked the breakfast station were so very kind and helpful. The evening dinner reception was also the same. The kids loved the pool. Our room was spacious, clean and quiet. There was also a nice outdoor sitting area with a grill and a firepit. Every bit of what a Marriott property should be! Will be back for trips to IKEA :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Matt B, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Livonia, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you Pwrwmn for you kind review of our hotel. I am pleased that the layout of the room worked for your group of 6 and that pool area went to good use. We are fortunate to be located only 6 miles from the IKEA store as well as many other shopping areas which makes us a great location for leisure activities as well as business travel. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you back the next time your travels bring you to the Livonia area.

Haan, Germany
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Residence Inn Detroit Livonia is a very good hotel if you are planning to stay more than couple of days.
Rooms have a kitchen with fridge, dishwasher, microwave, electrical stove, coffee machine... etc in it. Bed is clean and comfortable. For summer there is an open swimming pool and you can get towels for pool usage in it. The only con for room is that the furniture is getting little bit old.
Monday - Thursday evenings management offers a complimentary buffet that you can enjoy as a light appetizer. Breakfast is ok for an American and they serve Japanese varieties for breakfast. I would be more happy if they serve cheese, paprika and tomatoes as well.
Location is very nice, and there are multiple restaurants and markets nearby.
Definetely suggested...

Room Tip: There are some rooms with full size oven. If it is necessary for you, you can ask for it.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you Lumber_loombur for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. Your review pretty much sums up what we are about. We are geared towards extended stay travelers but are still suited for short term travelers as well. All of our rooms come with a fully equipped kitchen, but as you mentioned only a few of them have ovens so it is best to contact the hotel directly if that is a necessity. You had mentioned that the furniture is looking a bit tired and I wanted to let you know that we are scheduled for a full rooms renovation staring in February 2014. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you the next time you are in the Livonia area.

York Haven, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Nice inn, very clean. Stayed in a single suite and it was very comfortable. Great for an extended stay with kitchenette, living room, desk, dining table. Pool looked good although I didn't use it. Nice outdoor sitting area with fireplace, lots of chairs, gas grill. Also a short walking distance to multiple good restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gary S
Matt B, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Livonia, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you Gary S for taking a few moments to share your experience. We appreciate all feedback but it is alway nice to hear when someone had s positive experience. When someon has written as many reviews as you have other travelers often pay close attention to what you have to say. We are very fortunate to be conveniently located near shopping as well as dining with a Fleming's Steakhouse and Mitchell's fishmarket within walking distance.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Livonia area.

Regards