“What A Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
DELTA
“What A Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

This Past Weekend, I had The Pleasure Of Staying Here. I Was Kind Of Worried About Staying Since The Hotel Is Under Construction. I Must Say The Hotel Is Excellent. The Staff is Friends And Warm. There Is The Most Sweetest Young Man Names Terrence At The Front Desk. He Is Friendly And Makes you Feel Real Warm And Welcome. I Stood At The Front Desk For 2 Hours Talking With HIm. He Knows The Area, Very Verbal, And Is Am Positive Asset To The Hotel And Company. The Rooms Were Very Nice, They Were Fresh And Service Was Granted Daily. The Housekeeping Staff Was Very Polite And Respected My Items When Cleaning My Room. The Breakfast. Oh My.... There Breakfast Is The Best. You Get So Much For The Value. I Usually Stay At The Courtyard by Marriott Across The Freeway.. But For Now On. Ill Be Staying Here. Thanks Guys. You Rock!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

We needed to have adjoining rooms with 2 beds in each room for this trip. Our son's new girlfriend was traveling with us (a party of 6 total) and we needed appropriate accommodations for her. We are Marriott Rewards Silver members and we know Marriott will not guarantee adjoining rooms. We called ahead the night before our arrival to see what the chances were of getting adjoining rooms and we were told there was no problem. Apparently a wedding party check in earlier in the day and our adjoining rooms were given away to that group. Due to our circumstances, we asked if the front desk would call other four Marriott properties in the immediate area to see if they could accommodate our needs. I guess calling the neighboring properties is rocket science because it was a real problem for the front desk and I ended up calling around. We were finally offered two king rooms that adjoined. We agreed that situation would work if we could have a rollaway bed placed in each room. We were told the hotel only has 2 rollaway beds and the front desk had no idea if those were available. Half an hour later - and no other customers in the front desk area -- none of the three people at the front desk had bothered to check on the roll away situation. The staff was not helpful at all. On the other hand, the rooms were adequate, the housekeeping staff was thorough and delightful, and the location was convenient for us.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

We stayed at this Fairfield Inn because of a wedding in the area. We had a few changes to the reservations in the few weeks before and the day of check in. The people on the phone took care of everything in minutes without any issues at all. The General Manager was quick to assist with any and all questions or concerns. Great customer focus!

We requested a crib for our two month old. It was in the room waiting for us with a "baby welcome package" with some items to help with baths. Great idea!!

Rooms were clean and quiet. We were able to sleep in without early knocks on the door from housekeeping. Breakfast was better than other Fairfields I have stayed at in the past.

In a location close to everything (food, shopping, highway). Will definitely stay there again on my next visit.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank traveler422011
Detroit, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2011

On valentines day, I was very pleased with the cleanliness of my jacuzzi room. Check in was a breeze the clerk was very helpful and friendly. I was delighted that everything was as the website promised. My boyfriend and I got the romance package so my roses were ready to go as well as the truffles. I can't think of one thing I would have changed. We will definitely be back for the price and convienience. Word to the wise no bubble solution is neede.

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank ddstarr
OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2010

We stayed in a jacuzzi king suite for $89 a night - much, much less expensive than any other hotels in the area.
The staff was friendly and helpful.
The indoor pool and whirlpool were a nice bonus.
The breakfast was nice. The breakfast attendant anticipated every need.
The bed was comfortable, the room was very clean.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Harbor Springs, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2010

My wife and I stayed one night at this Fairfield Inn in Livonia, MI, while in the metro Detroit area on business. As a Platinum Elite Marriott Rewards member who has stayed at various Marriott facilities in the US and Canada for over 6 months this year, I was somewhat disappointed in this particular Marriott, which is beginning to show its age.

The entire staff was cordial and hospitable, definitely up to Marriott standards.

However, our room, which was actually a complimentary upgrade was not. We checked into the room in mid afternoon on one of the most hot days of the summer. The air conditioning fan was running full blast, but the room was stifling hot. I innocently assumed that housekeeping had just turned on the unit and that it would take a while to cool down. We left the room shortly after leaving our luggage and did not return until late in the evening, at which time the room was still stifling hot. We were too tired to request a room switch at that time of the night and hoped that the cooling outside air would do a better job than a non-functioning room air conditioner.

The next morning I grabbed a bath towel from the towel bar next to the shower, only to have the bar fall from its brackets because of loose screws. Further the water kept flowing into the toilet water basin because the flush handle was stuck.

Complimentary breakfast was nice, as was the breakfast supervisor.

Complimentary wi-fi Internet was easy to access from my laptop.

The location of this Fairfield Inn was good, close to major roads and the Interstate, but still far enough away to be quiet.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LouBobHarborSprings
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2009

This is a really nice hotel. The price was much better than other hotels in the area that I was looking at and the place was really nice. Everything was clean and fresh, including the pool area. The breakfast was good and the staff was very friendly. My son had an incident while we were there, the housekeeping staff was sympathetic and understanding. I plan to stay here again when I am in the area next time.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family