“Met all our needs”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Livonia
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Livonia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 November 2011

In town for a wedding and got a great rate here. Breakfast was always hot and stocked. Rooms were plenty large for 4 of us and our luggage. Hotel was going through renovations but they kept us far away from the noise and dust. Front desk even had construction goody bags for us. Hotel is tucked behind several Marriott properties but seemed to be the busiest.

Close to many restaurants, grocery stores, and shopping.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 October 2011

I have reviewed this property before but it is getting the much needed updated. The customer service had always been good. There is a small computer to check flights and email, modern fitness room and indoor pool and spa. The breakfast is always good with a good variety of fruit, cereal, oatmeal and waffles of the Jimmy Dean sandwich. The room I was in had recently been renovated. The look from the carpet to the bed and desk were very stylish. This is not bare bones Fairfield anymore. The King Bed is comfortable an issue with the room is a lack of electrical outlets by the bed or near the bed. If you have need for a CPAP or other device you will need to go to the desk and "rent" an extension cord. They do that with a smile though. Suggest travel with one anyway. The only other issue are the Very thin towels. I would guess they are going to be replace but not pleasant on the body. Other than that the
new rooms are great and I will stay here again. Ask for a room up front away from freeway for quieter stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the front away from freeway.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mel88hrman
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Have stayed here for personal visits 2 - 3 times per year for the last 3 years. Very clean, tasteful, and comfortable. The staff is amazing. Have always been warmly greeted by the front desk personnel. Terrence at front desk was so warm, and friendly. He remembered the conversation we had when we checked in, and when we returned from visiting our family, he brought up something from that conversation. Makes you feel like old friends. And the first couple years, there was a lady in the dining area, Sharon, who did an amazing job keeping the breakfast area clean, and replenished. And she also found time to converse with everyone there. She was truly an asset! We first met her when coming to visit our brand new first grandchild, and when we showed up several months later, she remembered the baby's name and asked about her. I understand she is now in sales, and I am sure is a wonderful asset there, although I miss seeing her in the dining area. Over all, this is the first place we check when visiting Livonia. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Stayed here for work for 4 days. Was pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel was. Very clean and nice. The room was clean, bathroom was very clean, lobby was nice, great little breakfast.

Only complaint, the towels didnt match up to the rest of the hotel. They reminded me of gym towels you get when you work out. They were old and very thin. This surprised me seeing how everything else was sooo nice. Once they buy new towels, all will be great.

Great restaurants near by!

I would definitely recommend this place and i will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2011

This Past Weekend, I had The Pleasure Of Staying Here. I Was Kind Of Worried About Staying Since The Hotel Is Under Construction. I Must Say The Hotel Is Excellent. The Staff is Friends And Warm. There Is The Most Sweetest Young Man Names Terrence At The Front Desk. He Is Friendly And Makes you Feel Real Warm And Welcome. I Stood At The Front Desk For 2 Hours Talking With HIm. He Knows The Area, Very Verbal, And Is Am Positive Asset To The Hotel And Company. The Rooms Were Very Nice, They Were Fresh And Service Was Granted Daily. The Housekeeping Staff Was Very Polite And Respected My Items When Cleaning My Room. The Breakfast. Oh My.... There Breakfast Is The Best. You Get So Much For The Value. I Usually Stay At The Courtyard by Marriott Across The Freeway.. But For Now On. Ill Be Staying Here. Thanks Guys. You Rock!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2011

We needed to have adjoining rooms with 2 beds in each room for this trip. Our son's new girlfriend was traveling with us (a party of 6 total) and we needed appropriate accommodations for her. We are Marriott Rewards Silver members and we know Marriott will not guarantee adjoining rooms. We called ahead the night before our arrival to see what the chances were of getting adjoining rooms and we were told there was no problem. Apparently a wedding party check in earlier in the day and our adjoining rooms were given away to that group. Due to our circumstances, we asked if the front desk would call other four Marriott properties in the immediate area to see if they could accommodate our needs. I guess calling the neighboring properties is rocket science because it was a real problem for the front desk and I ended up calling around. We were finally offered two king rooms that adjoined. We agreed that situation would work if we could have a rollaway bed placed in each room. We were told the hotel only has 2 rollaway beds and the front desk had no idea if those were available. Half an hour later - and no other customers in the front desk area -- none of the three people at the front desk had bothered to check on the roll away situation. The staff was not helpful at all. On the other hand, the rooms were adequate, the housekeeping staff was thorough and delightful, and the location was convenient for us.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2011

We stayed at this Fairfield Inn because of a wedding in the area. We had a few changes to the reservations in the few weeks before and the day of check in. The people on the phone took care of everything in minutes without any issues at all. The General Manager was quick to assist with any and all questions or concerns. Great customer focus!

We requested a crib for our two month old. It was in the room waiting for us with a "baby welcome package" with some items to help with baths. Great idea!!

Rooms were clean and quiet. We were able to sleep in without early knocks on the door from housekeeping. Breakfast was better than other Fairfields I have stayed at in the past.

In a location close to everything (food, shopping, highway). Will definitely stay there again on my next visit.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family