“Nice suites”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Livonia
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Livonia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Our room was a wow factor! I had no idea Fairfield's even had rooms like that! We had a nice king bed with flat screen, separate large living room with another flat screen and a table for playing games. A long countertop with refrigerator and microwave. My only complaint was that there is only one sink and so much space to make a nicer bathroom area. We will definitely stay there again! Breakfast, surprisingly, was just not that good. The eggs were definitely reconstituted, not edible really. The breads and muffins were dry. I just really wasn't impressed with the food. Would still stay at the hotel again, but bring my own breakfast. The common area was really nice in the lobby area with plenty of space to hang out.
Andrea did a great job accommodating our group! Really good communication.

Room Tip: Book a king suite. I think we were 212 or 312.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bugphobic_10
FFINS-Staff, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Bugphobic ~

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your most recent stay. We do have just 2 rooms like the suite you were in. I am sorry to hear that our breakfast was not satisfactory. We do work diligently to provide an excellent product.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We were in the Livonia area for a family celebration and stayed here for 3 nights and everything was wonderful. Room was spacious, shower was good and wifi reception was excellent. Hotel is off a busy road but we didn't hear the traffic. Also close to the freeway. Breakfast choices were many. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
FFINS-Staff, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Scrappy ~

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. We have gone to great lengths to ensure the windows are sound proof due to our short distance to the highway and we recently upgraded the Wi-Fi throughout the property.

We take guest satisfaction very seriously. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Livonia for our wedding weekend and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. Friendly staff, clean facility, and the best continental breakfast we've ever had! I also loved the late check-out. I highly recommend this hotel to any and all travelers!

Room Tip: Suites are gorgeous.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
FFINS-Staff, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Hello Kristen ~

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We take great pride in offering excellent customer service. As a Fairfield Inn & Suites, last year we revamped our breakfast offerings to include hot items such as scrambled eggs and sausage. We are so glad you liked the changes!

Safe travels … see you next time.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I enjoyed my stay. The bed pillows could've been a little more firm.
I booked through AAA, their web site showed an onsite Jacuzzi, which there is not.
Free breakfast not too bad.
Rush hour traffic is horrible.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
FFINS-Staff, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Paul J,

Hello & thank you for posting a review of your recent stay. I can imagine not finding an expected Jacuzzi would be frustrating. I apologize for the misleading photo. We removed Jacuzzi rooms and the Hot Tub in the Pool area two years ago and we have been working diligently to update the multitude of directories.

We are pleased to hear that, overall, you had a nice stay. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I planned to stay at this hotel for one night as part of a weekend celebration of my daughter 18th birthday, only to find Saturday morning when we went to leave my car would not start. To make a long story short I ended up having to stay until the following Monday to have our car repaired. Ti was a very stressful situation, since we live two hours away.
The staff at this hotel was MORE than amazing, they were empathetic, helpful and resourceful. They allowed us to wait in the lobby ALL day Saturday as we tried to get the car repaired, they directed me to a trusted mechanic, helped me find places to shop for food and supplies to get me through the weekend and even shuttled me to the mechanic when my car was finished for FREE!
Brandon, Lauren, Jessie, Ray at the front desk and the GM Jennifer were all so courteous and helpful. The breakfast attendants were very caring and could not do enough for me.
The hotel itself was the perfect place to be "stuck", it had a refrigerator, microwave, computer and internet, so I could easily make it work for the time I was there.

It truly was a brightspot in a cruddy situation!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristen N
FFINS-Staff, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Hi Kristen ~

You made it home!!! Yeah!

Thank you for posting your amazing review. It was our pleasure to help during your stay. We are all so happy to hear that you even resolved the charges with the mechanic. That is great news.

Hopefully we see you again … on your own terms. Safe travels.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We just stayed here this past weekend for two nights check in was quick and easy and the front desk were very helpful our entire stay from telling us were the best pizza place was to answering ever question we had. The room was clean and had everything we needed with a nice sitting room and a separate bedroom, house keeping made sure we had extra towels and did a fantastic job. The hotel is located just off the expressway and located in a great spot for those wanting to get to Detroit or suburbs of Detroit, there was plenty of restaurants in the area and a shopping center around the corner, pool was nice and kids had a blast. Our only complaint was the people above us jumping around deep into the night but this was not the fault of the hotel. Would stay here again for business or pleasure nice overall stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
FFINS-Staff, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Schierup ~

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are so pleased to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy our property, indoor pool, and surrounding restaurants and shopping. We are very lucky to have so many options right here in our neighborhood while still being so close to Detroit & Ann Arbor. In fact, a new Dave & Buster’s just opened a few miles away offering an additional family option.

Safe travels … see you again soon!!

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel based on other tripadvisor reviewers and I wasn't disappointed at all! All of the great reviews are true!

I stayed here in December and again in January with another out-of-town family member and our children. Both times we remarked how friendly and helpful the staff is.

The hotel is clean and parking is convenient. It's a smallish hotel, 4 floors and fairly inexpensive. At that price point you don't expect to do anything but come back after your day and crash. But this place is very homey and friendly. EVERY staff member we encountered was great. The front desk, several breakfast attendants, every maid and even the maintenance man who was shoveling LOTS of snow in January. All of them seem committed to good customer service. Or maybe they're just extra friendly people already. Either way their efforts made our stay much better.

The breakfast buffet was a highlight for the kids every day. A pretty good variety for everyone (including very picky 4 and 7 year olds). It was well maintained by the nicest, most helpful ladies.

There's a pool for the kids and a little snack bar where you can buy pop and snacks. It's a little expensive but with a fridge and a microwave in your room and lots of restaurants and grocery nearby, it's not really needed.

The bathroom and the linens were super clean. Major plus in my opinion. The maids brought us extra towels and pillows lightning fast when requested.

When we stayed in December the front desk put us across the hall from yet another family member so our kids could all play together.

Super experience overall. The next time I go to Detroit, I'm staying here!

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank KAKrausz
FFINS-Staff, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Krauszhouse ~

Thank you for taking the time to post such an awesome review. We have a great team and genuinely enjoy providing excellent customer service.

I will share all of your comments with the rest of the team. Thank you again.

Safe travels … see you next time!!