“Amazing customer service”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Livonia
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Livonia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 July 2014

In today's world it is RARE to be amazed by the customer service offered at hotels and restaurants. But at Fairfield Detroit-Livonia, Jennifer stepped up and spent an hour correcting an issue we had with our reservations thru the typical third party sites so commonly used. Loved Jennifer and will stay here anytime we are in the area!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
FFINS-Staff, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Linda ~

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review. It was truly my pleasure to help with your reservation. We look forward to seeing you again next time.

Safe travels … Jen

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had room 128, which was awful. There was black mold in the shower stall. The room stunk. No need to go on. We were transferred to room 129. Again there was black mold by the soap dish. The shower head also had that water build up that turns pink (in other words, the shower head needed to be cleaned). Maybe there was so much mold because the pool is on the first floor and it smells like chlorine throughout the first floor. You only had 2 towels in the room and they were thin and not very absorbent. The sofa saw better days and needed to be cleaned. The bedding was HORRIBLE. I felt like I was sleeping with bed bugs, but I cannot confirm that. The sheets are thread bare. There is one sheet under the blanket (if you can call it a blanket, it's some fiber filled baby-blanket). No top sheet. The bathroom amenities were harsh and made my skin dry. No hand lotion. Just some cheap bars of soap. The front desk clerk was very friendly. However, he was overworked. They needed two people at the front desk. He also needed a phone that was not tied to the desk as he had to keep running back and forth. I would have moved to another hotel in the area, but they were all booked. I prefer the Marriott by Laurel Park Place shopping center.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if possible. Maybe try a different floor than 1.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
FFINS-Staff, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hello BigD-

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We take pride in offering a room that is clean and reflects the highest quality standards. I am sorry that this is not what you experienced on your recent stay. The pool should not be a factor and I will follow up with our housekeeping team regarding your comments.

If you ever discover that you need additional blankets, we are happy to fulfill this request.

You may also contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further.

Safe travels,
Jen

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel is adequate and I would have given it at least a three-star rating, but for the fact that the hotel admitted a stranger to my room in the middle of my last night there. I was sleeping when another unfortunate "guest" at this hotel entered my room with a key card given him by the front desk when he checked in. The only problem was that I had not checked out, my key card worked, and I was still on the third night of my three-night reservation. For your own safety and security, avoid this location or, if you must stay there, be sure to use all available locking mechanisms on your room and don't count on a good night's sleep. And you might want to knock before entering "your" room upon check-in. There might be someone in the room already.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TomJ39
FFINS-Staff, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Mr. J ~

As we discussed, guest safety and security is our highest priority. Thank you for contacting me directly with your concern. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Sincerely, Jen

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Our room was a wow factor! I had no idea Fairfield's even had rooms like that! We had a nice king bed with flat screen, separate large living room with another flat screen and a table for playing games. A long countertop with refrigerator and microwave. My only complaint was that there is only one sink and so much space to make a nicer bathroom area. We will definitely stay there again! Breakfast, surprisingly, was just not that good. The eggs were definitely reconstituted, not edible really. The breads and muffins were dry. I just really wasn't impressed with the food. Would still stay at the hotel again, but bring my own breakfast. The common area was really nice in the lobby area with plenty of space to hang out.
Andrea did a great job accommodating our group! Really good communication.

Room Tip: Book a king suite. I think we were 212 or 312.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bugphobic_10
FFINS-Staff, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Bugphobic ~

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your most recent stay. We do have just 2 rooms like the suite you were in. I am sorry to hear that our breakfast was not satisfactory. We do work diligently to provide an excellent product.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We were in the Livonia area for a family celebration and stayed here for 3 nights and everything was wonderful. Room was spacious, shower was good and wifi reception was excellent. Hotel is off a busy road but we didn't hear the traffic. Also close to the freeway. Breakfast choices were many. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
FFINS-Staff, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Scrappy ~

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. We have gone to great lengths to ensure the windows are sound proof due to our short distance to the highway and we recently upgraded the Wi-Fi throughout the property.

We take guest satisfaction very seriously. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Livonia for our wedding weekend and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. Friendly staff, clean facility, and the best continental breakfast we've ever had! I also loved the late check-out. I highly recommend this hotel to any and all travelers!

Room Tip: Suites are gorgeous.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
FFINS-Staff, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Hello Kristen ~

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We take great pride in offering excellent customer service. As a Fairfield Inn & Suites, last year we revamped our breakfast offerings to include hot items such as scrambled eggs and sausage. We are so glad you liked the changes!

Safe travels … see you next time.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I enjoyed my stay. The bed pillows could've been a little more firm.
I booked through AAA, their web site showed an onsite Jacuzzi, which there is not.
Free breakfast not too bad.
Rush hour traffic is horrible.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
FFINS-Staff, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Paul J,

Hello & thank you for posting a review of your recent stay. I can imagine not finding an expected Jacuzzi would be frustrating. I apologize for the misleading photo. We removed Jacuzzi rooms and the Hot Tub in the Pool area two years ago and we have been working diligently to update the multitude of directories.

We are pleased to hear that, overall, you had a nice stay. We look forward to your return.