“A good place to sleep” 4 of 5 bubbles

Days Inn Livonia - Detroit
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
“A good place to sleep”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

I booked a room here because I was going to show up late at night and leave early in the morning. Check in was easy, the room was clean and it didn't smell bad. It's not perfect, but for the price I can't complain. No problems at all with this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Sdoofor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Romulus, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I've had the pleasure of staying at this hotel on several occasions. The front desk staff is always very pleasant and courtious. The night desk man is very nice and seems VERY educated, because he talks so properly. I think that some people think that he comes off kinda rude because he owns a thesaurus. The fact that he was attractive may be influencing my opinion of him, but it is what it is. The rooms were spacious and clean, and it was a very affordable rate. I would definately stay here again and again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Marjorie S
Waterford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

We only needed a place to sleep after attending a birthday party in Livonia.
The bed was comfy, the room temperature easy to set and all was clean and bug free.
I would definately stay here again if I ever found myself in Livonia in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kacey62
Brookston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

Nice rooms, reasonably clean, comfortable beds.. I say this is just a place to stay, as that is what it is exactly. Being a traveler like myself, I need a good sleep and that is what I intended on getting upon arrival. If you plan on sleeping, beware as the neighbors in the room next to you may be loud and boisterous, or could have a crying baby or screaming children. You can hear through the walls, the other parties conversations or quirks. Management in this hotel are very rude, they do not have the knowledge of how to treat their guests. Would I stay here again? NO!

Room Tip: No advice..
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mgwds1
Tillicoultry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

This is a nice basic hotel with all the amenities you need - good beds, tv, fridge, microwave... The breakfast is good and plentiful and the staff are friendly. If you're looking for an 'experience' this isn't the hotel for you but if you're looking for a comfortable place to stay at a good price then I can recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Holly H
Manchester, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

I was also attacked by a maid on the elevator (that takes 20 minutes per floor). The keys never work and they charged me $40 per night pet fee. Every staff member chased me down to verify I had paid the pet deposit and two seperate hotel clerks asked me if I would buy drugs. It was DIRTY. The pillows were nice, if I hadn't already packed up by the time I was attacked by the maid I would have stolen them.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank atheistannie
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2010

I chose this hotel for the sole purpose that it was cheap, so I really can't complain too much about the accomodations. Still, it was lacking in several areas. I had the do not disturb sign up when they were cleaning, so the maids just tied a bad of towels and coffee around my door handle. Since the smoking ban went into effect, the most enjoyment I got out of it was conversing with other guests smoking out front of the hotel. The night front desk man was extremely rude; a friend and I were told we could not be in the lobby at night, we had to go outside or up to the room. You must go through the lobby and up the elevator to get to your room, so you have to pass the front desk guy coming back at night. I was there for the purpose of attending Movement 2010 in Detroit, and when I got back to the hotel around 5 in the morning, he seemed annoyed they we were distracting him from reading a book. Trying to get a juice, he asked us if we needed anything and then stared us down before telling us to leave the lobby. Also, the "fitness center" is a joke, just a few treadmills, no weights or anything. The price was good for those on a tight budget, but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livonia
Comfort Inn Livonia
Red Roof Inn Detroit Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#1 of 5 in Plymouth

Been to Days Inn Livonia - Detroit? Share your experiences!