This is a former Super 8 hotel (according to the faucet in the bathroom) that has seen better days.
1. No phone in the room to contact desk or receive wake-up call on. According to the front desk clerk, guests "steal them, even thought few people have house phones anymore."
2. No plastic cups in the room to drink from.
3. Two double beds with a total of 2 of the tiniest (and thinnest) pillows (about half the size of pillows you would have at home) I have ever seen. The nice front desk clerk managed to scrounge up a third pillow for us.
4. Is toast considered a continental breakfast these days?
5. The younger front desk clerk that was present when we arrived was not friendly or helpful in any way. The older man who started his shift at midnight was VERY helpful.
6. The room was fairly clean, but sparse. One tiny bar of soap was in the room, along with two bath towels (see comment above about stolen phones). Good thing there was only two of us staying in the room that night.
7. Shower was scalding hot and could not be adjusted to a comfortable level. It was either too hot (enough to burn you) or freezing cold.
8. The Wi-fi worked GREAT even though the motel room was not in the main building.
I am not normally a person who complains or takes the time to write reviews, but this property did not match up with what you expect after reading the online information. For the mid-priced rate that I paid, I expected better. It makes me wonder what the other ABVI motels are like.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn Livonia/Detroit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Livonia
- Super Eight Livonia
- Livonia Super 8
- Livonia Super Eight