Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Livonia
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I checked in to a less than clean room and was immediately surprised that the room was smaller than pictured on their website. False advertising to say the least. They have since changed the picture. When standing on the second floor balcony overlooking the eastern parking lot, I noticed a rat scurrying across the lot, then another and another. On the second night, yet another rat across the lot. I stayed there 10 days and witnessed rats in the parking lot 7 out of 10 nights. I complained to the front desk and was informed that the rats were coming from a nearby McDonald's Restaurant and there was nothing to be done about it. BULL!!! I was in town on an extended business trip and moderately priced accommodations are hard to come by in Livonia so when I could, I moved to a different motel. My advice, "Stay away from this place!"

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary H

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Upon arrival we were checked-in and given keys to a room. We took our luggage up the stairs and found the room, only to discover it had not been cleaned yet from the previous occupants, and the sheets were missing off one of the beds. We called down to the front desk who at first said that we could pick up fresh sheets at the desk, then called back within a minute to instead say that housekeeping had not been around to all the rooms yet. They asked us to come back to the lobby to be placed in another room. The next room had been cleaned and actually looked better than the other room. The only issues with that room were minor so we did not ask to be moved again. The drawer broke on the dresser as soon as we tried to use it, but we didn't need that anyway. The TV had no remote control, and the power button was missing. We had to stick our fingers into the hole where the button should have been to turn on the TV. There were mostly sports channels and a few local stations like CBS and ABC, but the quality of the picture was terrible. The free Wi-fi was good. Overall the room fit our needs for the week that we were there but it could use some major improvements. The kitchenette was fine for our needs, including a mini-fridge, microwave, and some plates, cups and cutlery. Tips: Bring your own shower supplies and your own towels! They only offer soap and minimal towels. Also, there is a McDonalds right out of the parking lot that was very convenient for breakfast, and a large shopping center half a block down the street.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank firerose37
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our free Wi-Fi and your fully equipped kitchen. Still, I am sorry that your room was not cleaned prior to your arrival. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at Liv@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I have an employee that stays there for one of our customers. He stays there months at a time. The staff was extremely rude an unfriendly. They are constantly going to his room and trying to kick him out. They will not call the office to ask to extend his stay. When you call Ciera answers the phone and all she says is "ok"? I have never dealt with anyone that rude. I am extremely disappointed. He is currently still there and he has been there since April 2013. You would think the customer service would be extremely happy to keep our business.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Christine T
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Don't do it. Horrible dirty place. Stayed for two weeks full size bed. Front desk assigned to filthy room that needed more than housekeeping. I will post pictures later. Horrible dirty mattresses, sheets, entire room. Filthy carpet. Make sure you check out the rooms, especially the filthy mattresses and boxsprings that look like blood was shed. Who knows whats lurking in those beds and under. Bugs came to mind. Then I had a bug in last room I decided to stay in because the boxsprings were encased. I used bug spray. Bug fell off ceiling and crawled under bed. Looks like someone was bludgeoned. Advised front desk who advsd I could look at two more rooms where the same issue existed. In additioned unprofessional uneducated staff rude, dumb and slow. Was called one hour before checkout to advise I needed to pay almost $100 more for an extended stay when I should have been told the day before or when I called 2 days prior to extend my stay of the additional cost and due date policy. Not even worth the headache. Cheap, dirty, outdated rooms. Ghetto staff.

• Stayed: December 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your visit with us. The conditions you described are truly regrettable and I apologize for your experience. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure these issues are properly resolved. As well, I am sorry that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I am disappointed to hear that we were unable to meet that goal. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at LIV@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We needed a place to stay for two months while we were moving from one house to another. The price was the most competitive, the staff was awesome, location was great. The rooms are a little small, you have to pay for high speed wi-fi, and the rooms could use a little more furniture. (Maybe add a weight room)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DavidShrader
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

David- I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the staff and location. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Tried out one weekly rate for double size room with free Wi-Fi with options to pay for increased internet speeds but was too restricted to pay for upgrades. The room is just too small and only had one lousy chair not many TV channels that even work right. The location of the hotel is good the overall appearance of the room and hotel is average. Never had housekeeping or room service the entire week but that was fine by me. Typical studio just another place to stay not a fan.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that our accommodations didn't meet your standards. To uphold our company's high standards, we will work on providing better WIFI access moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at Liv@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stay here for over 3 months for my last semester of MBA program in the area and had a great stay experience with no issue and friendly staff and very good price for just few months of stay and not getting into any lease and buying furniture!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Owais- I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the friendliness of the staff. Congratulations on completing your MBA program as well.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Livonia
Comfort Inn Livonia
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
#8 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Detroit Northwest - Livonia
Red Roof Inn Detroit Plymouth

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia? Share your experiences!