Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia
  • Breakfast included
Gemini Motel(Redford)
Tel 96 Inn(Redford)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed for two months. It was the cheapest hotel but kind of far from where I worked in Pontiac and clarkston. Nevertheless, it had everything I needed for an affordable rate. It's also within walking distance of Target, walmart, 5 guys, walgreens, and a bunch of other necessary stores and restaurants. I cooked and ate all meals from home. Had the best mini fridge I've ever used:-) the laundry room sucks though. Always full, they don't have change at the office 99.9% of the time. Overall, you get what you pay for. I would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Jennifer1914
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I came to Michigan for a contract job back in Aug 2011 that was to end Jan. 2014 Instead of renewing my lease at my apartment i decided to check into Crossland for for the last 2months of the year. (checked in Oct 2013 when my lease ended). My job assignment has since been extended for another 6-8months. It wasn't a hard decision to remain at Crosslands. I knew if i made it through the 1st week, i'd be OK. ( i'm really really picky about hotels). Not only is the price cheaper than getting into another costly lease but my stay has been pleasant The rooms are not the biggest, but for just one person that works 10hrs a day it serves it purpose just well. The staff is always helpful when needed & I've grown to know them all on a first name basis. Not to mention most of them know my voice when I call to check for mail or ask a question. That personal touch goes a long way esp when you are away from family. I have not had any complaints thus far. While the place could use some upgrades, the place is kept up well. I don't ever feel unsafe and that's another important factor being a female traveling by myself. I look foward to remaining with as long as my job keeps me in Michigan.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor is very quiet. Besides people checking in, there is never any noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I’m glad to hear that you have found our staff to be helpful during your stay with us. As well, I’m so happy that you have felt safe during your visit. Guest safety is a top priority of ours, so I am glad that we were able to meet that goal. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Hello, travelers

I have been staying here at Crossland for over one year. And I must admit that it has been a very pleasant stay. I have met some very good-hearted people who have come and gone. I have experienced living on each floor of the hotel. However, I like living on the third floor the best because I do not like noise over my head. And it is very quiet and peaceful. In my opinion, you get a much better view of all the shopping stores across the street on Plymouth.

The price of the Crossland is much cheaper than other extended stays. However, the channels on the TV needs to be up-dated, too many sports channels. There could be other up-dates made toward the furniture and curtains. Overall the rooms are very comfortable and so is my bed. In addition, I love the fact that there is a small kitchen because this is truly helpful for people who do not wish to eat fast food all the time.

As far as the staff is concerned; well...... this is the first group of people that I have witnessed working all on the same accord. Everyone is very respectful and professional. My favorite clerk is Ashton. He always has a polite word for everyone each day, his attitude has always been the same since day one. And the manager, Keisha is very professional and always on her job, she gets the problem taken care of immediately and has remained the same from day one.

Room Tip: If you like quietness; choose a room on the end on the third floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I checked in to a less than clean room and was immediately surprised that the room was smaller than pictured on their website. False advertising to say the least. They have since changed the picture. When standing on the second floor balcony overlooking the eastern parking lot, I noticed a rat scurrying across the lot, then another and another. On the second night, yet another rat across the lot. I stayed there 10 days and witnessed rats in the parking lot 7 out of 10 nights. I complained to the front desk and was informed that the rats were coming from a nearby McDonald's Restaurant and there was nothing to be done about it. BULL!!! I was in town on an extended business trip and moderately priced accommodations are hard to come by in Livonia so when I could, I moved to a different motel. My advice, "Stay away from this place!"

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary H
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Upon arrival we were checked-in and given keys to a room. We took our luggage up the stairs and found the room, only to discover it had not been cleaned yet from the previous occupants, and the sheets were missing off one of the beds. We called down to the front desk who at first said that we could pick up fresh sheets at the desk, then called back within a minute to instead say that housekeeping had not been around to all the rooms yet. They asked us to come back to the lobby to be placed in another room. The next room had been cleaned and actually looked better than the other room. The only issues with that room were minor so we did not ask to be moved again. The drawer broke on the dresser as soon as we tried to use it, but we didn't need that anyway. The TV had no remote control, and the power button was missing. We had to stick our fingers into the hole where the button should have been to turn on the TV. There were mostly sports channels and a few local stations like CBS and ABC, but the quality of the picture was terrible. The free Wi-fi was good. Overall the room fit our needs for the week that we were there but it could use some major improvements. The kitchenette was fine for our needs, including a mini-fridge, microwave, and some plates, cups and cutlery. Tips: Bring your own shower supplies and your own towels! They only offer soap and minimal towels. Also, there is a McDonalds right out of the parking lot that was very convenient for breakfast, and a large shopping center half a block down the street.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank firerose37

The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our free Wi-Fi and your fully equipped kitchen. Still, I am sorry that your room was not cleaned prior to your arrival. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at Liv@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.