“Great place to stay after a day of work”

Hyatt Place Detroit/Livonia
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
Burlington, Canada
“Great place to stay after a day of work”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have been staying here for 2 months; I come every week. The rooms are clean and spacious, the hotel is quite. It is always nice to have a simple healthy breakfast and be able to take something such as a fruit cup or yogurt with you for snacks while at work. The staff is friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the back of the hotel as it will be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Joyce905

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Stratford on Avon
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have stayed here a few times on my business visits to Detroit. You get a small suite, huge bed, lounge area, fridge and coffee facilities. The breakfast is great. The location is on Haggerty
Road, close to the I696 and so very easy to get around. The bathrooms have recently been refurbished with a really nice walk in shower. Everything I need for a weeks stay.

Room Tip: All good here.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MaraRafiki
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Wherever we travel we always look to see if there's a Hyatt Place nearby. We love that all properties are well maintained and great staff. From a call in the room asking if everything was good to being welcomed by the front desk staff. I have yet to meet an unhappy or rude employee. When we required assistance in our room they were there to assist us within. Half an hour and worked on it until it was completed. Some standout employees are Kelly Aaron,Royce, Cody.always smiling and no question was too dumb or request to big. Kim made my Mom a special order breakfast. It was so delicious. Penny and Saeed round out the group. Penny full of helpful info Saeed was exceptional at his job. Always restocking the breakfast bar keeping it look clean an fresh. He also gives u 10 minute warning prior to food or coffee station being taken down. Every employee is very invested and believes in the Hyatt place mission statement

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor. They have just redone the rooms and hallways. We had little noise on the 6...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie K
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were pleasantly surprised and delighted at the clean, well appointed, spacious, & quiet property. We had not thought of staying at a Hyatt but since it got good reviews (thank you previous reviewers!), we thought we would try it. Our efforts were rewarded. The lighting was THE best of all the hotels we stayed in over our vacation (and we stayed at 5 during our travels).

We had a great view to boot.

The mattresses and pillows were also great, which is a big deal for us. Highly recommend it!

Room Tip: We didn't ask for a higher floor but we did noticed AND appreciate the small sign that requested...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leah189
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I am a previous Haytt Place employee so let's get that out of the way.

Reserving was super easy at Hyatt.com. I had the friends and family rate which was $40 cheaper than the nightly rate. We arrived after 11pm but had called ahead to let them know. Gallery Host was very nice and check in was quick. Room was clean and very cold when we got there which we like. Bed was comfortable and especially pillows were comfortable. Tons of water pressure for shower. Breakfast was much better than I expected. However, not a wide selection, condiments were hard to find and perhaps not enough help for smooth transitions of milk and silverware replacement, however, it was a Sunday morning breakfast. Hotel was 30 min away from Detroit and close to food and entertainment like an AMC theater and Dave and Busters, also a 24hr (I think) Meijer. Did not have a chance for the pool but it was indoor and that's always a plus. For what we paid it was awesome. For what we would have paid, it was on target.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Theatrdude
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I booked via a 3rd party website and was told by Ashley that my king room which I paid extra for was not valid. Very disappointing since I am a frequent Hyatt traveler and have stayed in other Hyatt Place hotels. Also, even more disappointing since I checked in with 2 toddlers at 9pm. I felt stuck with no recourse

• Stayed July 2014
Sliema, Malta
Reviewed 18 June 2014

my company booked me at the Hyatt Place as we have our office close by. Staff were very friendly, rooms very big and spacious, good breakfast and it's situated in a good location with plenty of restaurants and one-stop stores.

Big Plus: we were stranded due to rain in a close by store and after we called they picked us up in minutes.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business