“Best restaurant in Ludington, Michigan (and there are other fine restaurants).”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Luciano Ristoranti

Luciano Ristoranti
Ranked #13 of 66 Restaurants in Ludington
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hastings, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2007

While Leo's cooks do their work in an uneven manner, when things are right, when Leo's in the kitchen, when the right cook is there, you will not find finer Italian food anyplace. Especially to be recommended: scampi/risotto, angel-hair pasta with shrimp and scallops, and a creamy dish that includes pasta, chicken, Parmagianno Regianno cheese, mushrooms, and something else I can't remember. While it's possible to be disappointed at Leo's, it's highly unlikely. Try eating there two or three times before forming a judgment (my wife and I have been eating there at least six times/year for about three years now, and find Leo's a primary reason to visit Ludington).

2 Thank John-_from_Hastings

Michigan
“Didn't Live Up to Expectations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2007

We just returned from our vacation in Ludington and the two worst things about our trip were the weather (chilly, rainy and cloudy) and our dinner at Luciano's. Maybe it was an off night, but from the bad service, the girl couldn't answer the simpliest of questions beyond a basic descriptions of the specials, to the actual food, this was our worst dining experience in Ludington. I had the shrimp scampi, lovely large shimp, but undercooked and on a bed of bitterly flavored rice. My mother had the sizzler steak, first they came out to tell her they were all out of the fries so they substituted the dinner salad, iceberg with one cherry tomato and a little carrot peel not much of a salad. The steak had a nice flavor but was tough to chew. All of our other dining experiences were very good, so with the choices out there, I would skip this one if I went again.

Lucianos, Owner at Luciano Ristoranti, responded to this review, 31 May 2008
I'm very sorry that you found our restaurant did not live up to you expectations, but I find it very spiteful and senseless to juge a restaurant based on a mistake experienced while dining on only one occasion. We are one of the only places in Ludington that makes our food homemade and serves authentic Italian food. I urge you and other people who have expiriences such as yours to come again and try some of the other dishes on our large and diverse menu.
A TripAdvisor Member
“A Wonderful and Unexpected Treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2006

For a long time my husband and I overlooked Luciano's because we thought it was just a pizza joint. How wrong we were! The food is wonderful in this small restaurant that looks out onto Ludington Avenue in the heart of downtown. Everything is very reasonably priced, so you can feed the entire family. And it is smoke-free, so you can really enjoy the great food.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“Better Italian than I get in Chicago!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2005

Luciano's food is something my family dreams about all winter long - and can't wait to have on one of our first nights in town. The owner, Leo, has brought his native Italian heritage to the shores of Lake Michigan.
Luciano's is right on Ludington Avenue-unassuming in location and decor(many think it's just a pizza place -- but for those who venture in you'll find the food is fabulous!)
Some of our family favorites are: Calimari (I haven't found any here in Chicago that is as lightly breaded and tender!)
White pizza (with alfredo sauce, spinach, portabello mushrooms and sundried tomatoes),
Individual Grilled Pizza
Tri-colored pasta with seafood(once again Leo's homemade alfredo sauce),
sandwiches and salads are different from your usual fare...
try the daily specials - the beef loin in a raspberry melba sauce or the salmon in a whiskey/mustard seed sauce have been especially great-but Leo cooks up something different as the whim moves him.
He also carries a great wine selection, not only available by the glass, but you can pick your own bottle.
If you want to escape the "ordinary" - no more burgers and steaks - and if you're tired of the reheated frozen appitizers that some of the other restaurants in town serve...then treat yourself to a meal at Luciano's.
One word of warning: If you don't like garlic make sure you tell your waiter to tell them to go light with the garlic-almost everything can be adapted since most is made on site. ENJOY!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member