“Disappointing visit”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 12 August 2009

We live in the Ludington area and had heard great things about Luciano's, but since we seldom eat out I had never been there. We finally went on a busy Friday evening and did not have a good experience. Our food arrived lukewarm and without everything we'd ordered. Had to ask twice for the rest of our food, and some of it came about 20 minutes later when our main dish was gone. Some of it never arrived at all, and we never got our drinks refilled. We were seated in a corner of the basement and it was stifling hot.

I'm not sure what was going on with the waitstaff, but it sure seemed like morale was low. We saw one waitress in tears, and none of them were anything like friendly.

Because of the good things we've heard we'll probably go back and give them another chance -- next time for pizza with nothing on the side.

Reviewed 6 July 2009

Luciano's will put anything on their walls! The decor in Luciano's is atrocious. It looks like a little kid did it. Their service was marginal and their pizza was good, but not the best I've eaten. That honor goes to Jet's Pizza. The cheesy breadsticks were outstanding, though. One bit of advice for Luciano's: buy some dinner plates. The appetizer plates are also the dinner plates, and I had to ask for new plates because there was sauce all over most of our plates from when we ate our breadsticks with sauce. Our waitress wasn't even going to give us new plates until I asked, and then she brought out the same size plates. The pizza slices are huge, and they didn't even come close to fitting on the little plates. Plus, it wasn't like you could just pick it up easily and hold it the entire time you ate it, because it was floppy pizza.

Reviewed 28 May 2009

My husband and I stopped in at Luciano's for an early dinner while walking around downtown Ludington during a recent vacation to the area. We ended up sharing a few appetizers: The 6" Pizzello, fresh mozzarella and tomatoes, bruschetta, and a bowl of Minestrone. Everything was excellent - I think the Minestrone was the best I've ever had. We're going back to Ludington in 3 weeks with our kids when school lets out, and going back to Luciano's to try the pizza, which looked really good on the table next to ours. Restaurant was clean, servers were very nice.

Reviewed 5 May 2009

This is probably my favorite Ludington restaurant. It's a real basic. red checked table cloth place but the pasta and pizza are requently awesome. I stick with the unambitious stuff like spaghetti & meatballs. This isn't the place to go for foodie glam stuff, it's LUDINGTON for heaven's sake, not Babbos. But the side bread is great and the sauces are often terrific and show time and care.

1  Thank michigrrl
Reviewed 12 April 2009

We don't eat there very often. Not sure why. The pizza is great. It is authentic. By far the best pizza in town.