“Good food, service a bit slow”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Blu Moon

The Blu Moon
Ranked #6 of 66 Restaurants in Ludington
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Bar, Sushi
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We are a French/Japanese Fusion bistro that specailizes in farm to table and boat to table, we also have a sidewalk cafe. We are open in our bistro Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 4:30 pm. to 9:30 P.M. and our patio is always open one hour later with drinks and snacks sometimes later depending on business. We are open on Friday and Saturday from 4:30 pm to10:30 pm bar open later on weekends. Winter hours may very. We offer a wide variety of local fish, and speciality old cooking techniques from pot roast to a full sushi menu, also offer a full kids menu!!!
Chicago, Illinois
“Good food, service a bit slow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My family was recently on vacation in Michigan and we decided to have dinner at the Blu Moon in Ludington. Of the four of us dining there, the food reaction ranged from "it's okay" from one daughter, regarding the fish and chips, to "it's fine" from my husband (the hamburger), to "oh my... this is fabulous" from my other daughter and me. She had the seafood tortellini and I had the shrimp and grits. We both very much liked our meal, and if it was just the two of us, for the food, at least, I'd give 5 stars. However, the other two selections were pretty lackluster for the price.

The service was okay, but not excellent. It took a while to be seated (4-5 minutes) because we got there a little on the early side and we could only see one staff member in the dining room and she didn't see us. Our waitress was friendly when she was there. She took our drink order, brought the drinks and we then ordered our meals. After that, we did not see her until our food came, which was about 30 minutes. A young man did come by to fill our water, but when my daughter explained that she had Sierra Mist when he tried to fill her glass with water (an easy mistake), he didn't offer to fill her drink although it was pretty low. In fact, no one volunteered to fill her drink that evening. After getting our food, we did see our waitress one more time when she checked if our meals were good, and when she brought our check. I might not have noticed her lack of attentiveness but the other waitress in our area was a pretty stark contrast to ours. She was very attentive to her tables. So, my criticism of the service may be due more to our particular server than to service at the Blu Moon, in general.

So, in all, a positive experience, but just not an excellent experience.

michigan
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice inside. Husband and I had special which was filet with lump crab and veggies. Cooked perfect! Family member had pot roast that he said was really good. Heard the upstairs outside deck was cool but it was windy and chilly out so we didn't venture up. Heard the bathrooms were interesting up there but not in a bad way. Service was really good. Wish I remembered our waitresses name.

Owosso, Michigan
“Great sushi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Took our friends and 2 year old son to this restaurant this weekend. There are a couple different rooms set up for service. They also have outside dining. We ordered the ooki platter, which fed the four adults for $58. They also have food for children that is not on the menu like mac&cheese and applesauce. The food was fantastic and the service was great too. We had long islands and margaritas to drink that were not made as well as the food, but still worth the price. The bill was $102. Well worth it.

Troy, Michigan
“Nice Vista”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We ate up on the deck and I ordered a lobster nacho. It was huge. We ate it for dinner the next night. My daughter has sushi which she said was very good. Everyone appeared happy with the service.

Visited July 2014
Michigan
“perfecto!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

My 2 friends and I had dinner here our first night in Ludington. We opted for the interior restaurant instead of the fare on the rooftop. My dining choice was the Kobe Steak over mashed sweet potatoes and a wedge salad. I have to say, I am a picky steak eater preferring filets, this was a center cut sirloin and it -was-excellent! I couldn't stop raving about it! If you are looking for a nice white table cloth experience with loads of character, this is the place.